Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

It's gonna look sweet when the lift hill goes up.

I think the drop will look much nicer.

I hope on the other hand they theme the splash down area like in the video.

Im not trying to sound anti-CF but in Maverick's teaser videos, the lake under the horseshoe roll looked alot like the splashdown in DB's teaser video. And in real life, the lake under Maverick's horseshoe roll isn't like in the video. So i wouldn't get too excited for the splashdown looking how it did in the video, but hopefully it'll have an area where viewers can get soaked by the "rooster tail!"

Yes, Behemoth opened on time. Cedar Fair rides typically do...Maverick was an exception.

And that was because it pulled to many G's on the Heartline Roll, forcing it to be removed and replaced. Correct?

Writing carefully:

The park said the coaster opened late in order to resolve issues of rider comfort.

Terpy, carefully

so what did they all work on today i couldnt get on untill just now and i go with footers

They basically installed the bottom of the drop out of the MCB's.

Terpy Patented Peeve No.2: "....basically..."

What do you mean by basically, basically?

Terpy, who is basically driven nuts by the basically needless use of basically, you know?

so what did they all work on today i couldnt get on untill just now and i go with footers

They basically installed the bottom of the drop out of the MCB's.

Terpy Patented Peeve No.2: "....basically..."

What do you mean by basically, basically?

Terpy, who is basically driven nuts by the basically needless use of basically, you know?

basically..:)

2 observations about the new pictures. First the lift looks awesome and very steep. Im still sticking with 45 degrees. Second, the drop out of MCB looks like is going down in the ravine, because the track on hill 7 dissappears in to the ravine. That is great seeing how they are using the terrain.

Those are the best pictures I've seen from Don.

Great job!!

I think so too! Don did an excellent job on the pictures!

2 observations about the new pictures. First the lift looks awesome and very steep. Im still sticking with 45 degrees. Second, the drop out of MCB looks like is going down in the ravine, because the track on hill 7 dissappears in to the ravine. That is great seeing how they are using the terrain.

Yeah, it does look pretty steep.. Maybe the steepest B&M hyper lift (excluding dive machines.) And that drop out of the MCB's looks amazing! It just dissapears into the ravine!

3 things:

1. Lift looks AWESOME! I hope they continue lift construction

2. darn, they switched the catwalks!

3. What is the thing on the left side of the lift for? There's one just like it on Behemoth....

They are nets, and yeah i remember seeing in the video that the catwalk was on the right; not the nets...