Cedar Point Plans Lean Winter

Well, keep in mind that we got Firehawk in 2007. While not as big of an investment as what Maverick was at Cedar Point it still was a sizeable investment at Kings Island. However, Cedar Point received a renovated children`s area for this season while Kings Island received no new rides. We did however receive new shows and had a fantastic line up of special events all season long.

And ALSO keep in mind that CP went from 2000 to 2007 with MAJOR additions and more additions than KI has virtually had in its entire existance!!

Two years without a major addition is not that big of a deal...especially when Maverick still has massive lines the year after it already opened.

And keep in mind, who's to say CP isn't going to get a major addition in 2010 or 2011...I could easily see a major B&M hyper or record-breaking GCI/GG/or even B&M one-of-a kind wood coaster like El Toro (only not an Intamin since CP hates Intamin now).

I've seen pictures of one are that was retracked. I don't think they're doing the whole thing. I wish they would do something so they can cut down on the trims.

CP could still get a pretty major attraction. Look how little info was know about Skyhawk. It kina came out of nowhere. There's also been markings in the park but we really don't know what they're for.

Supposedly they have a long term committment with Intamin and still have one more coaster to but from them. They do have a sordid relationship though after reinforcements needed on Wicked and the heartline had to be removed from Mav.

There's a lot of talk on forums about a major attraction in 2010 or 2011. We know Demon drop is up for sale and if they don't find a buyer apparently they're going to move it. Disaster Transport has been on the chopping block for a long time. That would leave a great spot for a large ride right at the front of the park.

That's what I know, not that I'm of any authority.

There's a lot of talk on forums about a major attraction in 2010 or 2011. We know Demon drop is up for sale and if they don't find a buyer apparently they're going to move it. Disaster Transport has been on the chopping block for a long time. That would leave a great spot for a large ride right at the front of the park.

Well Disaster Transport will not be going anywhere, Cedar Point is not in the business of removing rollercoasters and DP still almost averages 1 Million riders a year, so it is still a very popular ride. Not to mention that CP spent millions to enclose and transfor Avalance Run to DP. This is a rumor that continues just like the one about Vortex.

I would look for CP to use the company that is doing the retracking on Mean Streak to eventually build a woodie at the front of the park near Wicked Twister, but I have also heard that it might push out in to the parking lot a little bit. After all CP would love to add some nostalgia back to their boardwalk.

From the article:

Diamondback...Riders will sit four passengers to a car in stadium-style seats with lap-belt passenger restraints similar to those on Cedar Point’s Millennium Force.

WRONG!!! No seat belts, nothing like MF's lapbar! But when does the media always get things right?! <_<

To the GP everything is the same. :blink:

Well Disaster Transport will not be going anywhere, Cedar Point is not in the business of removing rollercoasters and DP still almost averages 1 Million riders a year, so it is still a very popular ride. Not to mention that CP spent millions to enclose and transfor Avalance Run to DP. This is a rumor that continues just like the one about Vortex.

I would look for CP to use the company that is doing the retracking on Mean Streak to eventually build a woodie at the front of the park near Wicked Twister, but I have also heard that it might push out in to the parking lot a little bit. After all CP would love to add some nostalgia back to their boardwalk.

Agreed...everything I've heard is that "commitments" with roller coaster manufactures are bogus, CF's bad relationship with Intamin is on a much higher level than just Maverick and WT, and also that DD is now going nowhere.

As for a new attraction?? The small wooden coasters like Renegade, RFII, and Evel Knevel have proved to be cheap and compact, yet very thrilling and fun...i.e. Prowler being built, the CGA one, Terminator at SFMM...I could totally see CP getting something similar, especially since their wood collection is small, MS is hated by many, and big steel coasters are more expensive, encumbering, and not as family friendly.

i.e. Prowler being built, the CGA one, Terminator at SFMM...I could totally see CP getting something similar, especially since their wood collection is small, MS is hated by many, and big steel coasters are more expensive, encumbering, and not as family friendly.

Well, with CF having had almost every woodie they've retracked been retracked by GCII, Prowler, GCA's Woodie, it shows that they have interest in GCII. But whether they would make an investment of such to their Crown Jewl? You never know.....

^^Although, I still like Gravity Group better.

From the article:

Diamondback...Riders will sit four passengers to a car in stadium-style seats with lap-belt passenger restraints similar to those on Cedar Point’s Millennium Force.

WRONG!!! No seat belts, nothing like MF's lapbar! But when does the media always get things right?! <_<

Haha!! Although even the dimmest of riders would notice the difference between MF and D-back restraints, point still well taken. But it's not like we're comparing Gerstlauers to Millennium Flyers!?

^^Although, I still like Gravity Group better.

From the article:

Haha!! Although even the dimmest of riders would notice the difference between MF and D-back restraints, point still well taken. But it's not like we're comparing Gerstlauers to Millennium Flyers!?

Gerstlauers have 2 row seats with boxy seats, Millennium Flyers have 1 row seats and comfy seats.

Ooops. :)

With GCI's being built all across the world and becoming very popular, i don't think CP would be interested in getting one unless it's a whole different experience from any other GCI. Cedar Point needs something more unique, something you can't find at most parks. Something like Voyage or El Toro would be nice!

Just because it is built by GCI or even Gravity Group does not mean it will be like every other one built by them. To the contrary thats what make their creations so excelenet.

Yeah, but what im saying is that if CP was to get a GG or GCI than it should be unique from the rest. Most GCI's are pretty similar. Gravity Group's coasters are pretty unique; they have one of the most compact coasters in the world- Boardwalk Bullet, the coaster with the most airtime- Voyage, the best wooden coaster of 2008- Ravine Flyer II, another airtime filled coaster- Hades, and alot more. I would love for CP to get a Gravity Group woody or an S&S Woody rather a GCI.

Why in the world would you want an S&S woodie? CCI who is now S&S are not what they used to be...

So Thunderhead, Lightning Racer, Kentucky Rumbler, Evel Knievel, and Renegade to just name a few are considered ordinary? I agree that Gravity Group has built some great rides, but I would not complain if CP went either way.

That's what I had read but Railrider and tigellinius (sp?) seemed to have info otherwise.

I do think something big is coming to the front of the park and if you look at arials of the area, something has to go. I really don't know about DT going I had just read it in a lot of forums from folks who have been right on in the past. Obviously CP doesn't want to hurt their coaster count. It's also got AC and a lot of people ride it to get out of the heat. IDK I'm sure someone will have something to say.

Thnx. I still think DT's time is marked. It is so dated, aged, leaking water everywhere and the AC has to be expensive. With all the rides moved to the WT midway and the rest of the park delightfully packed with great coasters, I think CP is going to put a major attraction right up front. Either DT goes or those large buildings, I think they've got games or something in the front and no clue what else is in them. Go to mapquest or something and check out the arial photography and tell me what you think... Like I need to ask for that.