My Fearfest Review '02

Dane

I spent the day at the park to see what it looks like during the day. I thought they could of done a better job of hiding their signs and fog machines. But it didn't really matter, what mattered is how it looked at night.

WENB Celebrity Slaughter - This show was the best show at PKI. It had really good music before the show and after. It was ment to be funny more then scary. It was more centered towards teenagers and adults. Making it more hillarious and resque.

Circus of Horrors 3D - Fun and very colorful. The design made it so you couldent tell the difference between the actors and dolls. P.S. Clowns get really mad when you take your 3-D glasses off.

House of Darkness - Traditional haunted house. It was dark and gothic, many times you were in complete darkness. Lots of burning people, funny smell.

Mase of Madness - Dumb, very predictable.

Curse of the Crypt - Didn't get to go on it. I came at 8:36 and missed it but less than 5 mins. (Hint)-Get to FearFest on time and make the most of it.

Elvria's Superstition - Cool simulated rollercoaster ride. Not scary, but a lot of fun.

Psycho Path - I left the best for last. It was perfect, it had rained the day before, it was very cold, and it was naturally foggy outside. They had hid speakers out in the woods too. It had it all vodoo shrines, chainsaws, bloody people, fake cobwebs, hanging bodies, I guy dressed up as a bear. A half eaten body, and a person hiding in a dugout with fake dirt on top. It was perfect. And it was on a dirt path, not cement. B)

The TVs in the park were really cool. They every so often flashed nad made thunder. And they would play the best parts from old horror movies. And the big arcade in Coney Mall had all those lights replaced with red lights. The fountain was red with lights, and the Eiffel Tower had blacklights on it. At 9:45 a monster voice came over the announcements and said that the show would begin in 15 mins. 9.7/10 FearFest is cheep too if you compare it to smaller haunted houses.

• Like 1

• 21 years later...
On 10/27/2002 at 8:46 PM, Dane said:

I spent the day at the park to see what it looks like during the day. I thought they could of done a better job of hiding their signs and fog machines. But it didn't really matter, what mattered is how it looked at night.

WENB Celebrity Slaughter - This show was the best show at PKI. It had really good music before the show and after. It was ment to be funny more then scary. It was more centered towards teenagers and adults. Making it more hillarious and resque.

Circus of Horrors 3D - Fun and very colorful. The design made it so you couldent tell the difference between the actors and dolls. P.S. Clowns get really mad when you take your 3-D glasses off.

House of Darkness - Traditional haunted house. It was dark and gothic, many times you were in complete darkness. Lots of burning people, funny smell.

Mase of Madness - Dumb, very predictable.

Curse of the Crypt - Didn't get to go on it. I came at 8:36 and missed it but less than 5 mins. (Hint)-Get to FearFest on time and make the most of it.

Elvria's Superstition - Cool simulated rollercoaster ride. Not scary, but a lot of fun.

Psycho Path - I left the best for last. It was perfect, it had rained the day before, it was very cold, and it was naturally foggy outside. They had hid speakers out in the woods too. It had it all vodoo shrines, chainsaws, bloody people, fake cobwebs, hanging bodies, I guy dressed up as a bear. A half eaten body, and a person hiding in a dugout with fake dirt on top. It was perfect. And it was on a dirt path, not cement. B)

The TVs in the park were really cool. They every so often flashed nad made thunder. And they would play the best parts from old horror movies. And the big arcade in Coney Mall had all those lights replaced with red lights. The fountain was red with lights, and the Eiffel Tower had blacklights on it. At 9:45 a monster voice came over the announcements and said that the show would begin in 15 mins. 9.7/10 FearFest is cheep too if you compare it to smaller haunted houses.

sounds like a fun time! Love reading old reviews 

I remember being there during Fearfest, and back then that's the only way I remember it... You were at Kings Island but Fearfest stuff was going on. Now it's like you go specifically for Haunt and get in some rides if you can. At least that's how it was for me back then and is for me now. The whole thing USED to creep me out a great deal, but now I love it. Well, I should say I love what Haunt USED to be. I think once during the FF days I remembered there being a maze in Festhaus??? I did not do any of the FF stuff back then at all with the one and only exception, now that I see it listed in the original post, of Elvira's Superstition. I think that's the one thing they did right back then--but the FX theater to good use during Fearfest!! 22 years... 

6 hours ago, gabelogan99 said:

I think once during the FF days I remembered there being a maze in Festhaus??? 

Oh, yeah! A classic. Circus Horrors 3D was in the Festhaus on the (now) Panda Express side. It eventually made its way to the old Enchanted Theater/Peanuts meet and greet space before being retired. You can see a bit of it here at 6:00 minute mark: 

It was always one of my favorites since my first FF visit. Good times. I miss the vibe of old Fear Fest. Or maybe it’s the same and I’m just old now.