props to KI Central and the "founders"

Outdoor Man

meanwhile this isn't necessarily a thread about Kings Island (I'll let the moderators determine the relevancy of this thread to it's location)- but I wanted to give props to Ryan, Dane, and any of the other individuals who started this site- as well as all of the long-term members.

I just got an eNewsletter from Kings Island, which I assume most on this board receive and in Article #2- the opening paragraph identifies KI Central as "one of the top amusement and theme park fan sites in the world."

That's HUGE! Congratulations!

just curious... did you ever think that this would turn out as big as it has?

One of the top amusement and theme park fan sites in the world - KICentral.com - will have its inaugural Winter Blues event Saturday, January 31 at Kings Island.

During the event, KIC members will take a tour of Great Wolf Lodge and hear from guest speakers including Don Helbig and Nick Licastro from Kings Island and the site’s own Robbie Zerhusen, who will give a presentation on the transition in 1971 from Coney Island to Kings Island.

The highlight of the event will be a construction tour of the new Diamondback roller coaster.

KICentral has more than 3,000 registered members and has been referenced and featured in numerous newspapers, television and radio stories about Kings Island and the amusement/theme park industry. The site attracts thousands of visitors daily.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=815

Also in the mailer was

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=814

Yes, it is quite an honor to be mentioned both in the KI newsletter and the Diamondback blog. As others have stated, this is in part a community run site with the extensive forums. Kudos to everyone for helping make such a vibrant and dynamic community.

And personally, I am honored that my name was in both the blog and the email. For those of you attending, I sincerely hope that you like my presentation and that it gives you a new perspective and understanding of the history of the amusement park in the Cincinnati area. Not many amusement parks close because of their success and are rebuilt twenty miles away, where the new venue continues to thrill visitors 37 years after first opening. And the park that was "closed" when the new park was built has not died either and is still thriving today in its own right. But I don`t want to spill too many beans before Saturday!

Yes, it is quite an honor to be mentioned both in the KI newsletter and the Diamondback blog. As others have stated, this is in part a community run site with the extensive forums. Kudos to everyone for helping make such a vibrant and dynamic community.

And personally, I am honored that my name was in both the blog and the email. For those of you attending, I sincerely hope that you like my presentation and that it gives you a new perspective and understanding of the history of the amusement park in the Cincinnati area. Not many amusement parks close because of their success and are rebuilt twenty miles away, where the new venue continues to thrill visitors 37 years after first opening. And the park that was "closed" when the new park was built has not died either and is still thriving today in its own right. But I don`t want to spill too many beans before Saturday!

I really appreciate your doing this presentation. I find the whole transition from Coney to KI really interesting. I'm looking forward to it!