The Beast 1979 video

At the beginning of the video as the train is going around the turnaround, you can somewhat see the entrance of the ride. It does look to be under construction when this video was shot. I've yet to see anyone post a picture of the original Beast entrance and I think this is as close as we are going to come for now.

On a couple of side notes...

The song at the end (about 3 minutes onward) is the closing piece from a drum corp show, I can't remember the name of the song, but it was the end of "On Air" by the Phantom Regiment. That pretty much made my night when I recognized that, I know I'm lame.

And also, I never noticed how the Eiffel Tower pops up directly out of the center of the second lift as you crest the hill. That's really cool, I wonder if that was done on purpose? Or sheer luck?

The song at the end (about 3 minutes onward) is the closing piece from a drum corp show, I can't remember the name of the song, but it was the end of "On Air" by the Phantom Regiment. That pretty much made my night when I recognized that, I know I'm lame.

I heard it too!!

we are just awesome band enthusiasts!!

Maybe if you had the internet you wouldn't have been so silly as you would've been pre-occupied with roller coasters and...such...

But I was...and how. :)

Terpy, who rode his first roller coaster before he was born, and his first after birth at about age three...on a coaster that now has a 48 inch height requirement....and the little Terpy was probably 3 feet 2....maybe

Terpy, who rode his first roller coaster before he was born, and his first after birth at about age three...on a coaster that now has a 48 inch height requirement....and the little Terpy was probably 3 feet 2....maybe

*gasp* Children doing unsafe things?! What a terrible world...I hope they at least disenfected the bars and sanitized everything first....ahh the good old days.

And also, I never noticed how the Eiffel Tower pops up directly out of the center of the second lift as you crest the hill. That's really cool, I wonder if that was done on purpose? Or sheer luck?

I just watched that again and saw that. It just pops right up there and it is pretty much dead center. That would be cool if that's on purpose. Kind of like a hidden Mickey!

*gasp* Children doing unsafe things?! What a terrible world...I hope they at least disenfected the bars and sanitized everything first....ahh the good old days.

Well, back then people behaved. There were far fewer accidents then than now. Parents taught their children that amusement attractions were dangerous machines, and the riders were expected to (and did) behave.

Well, back then people behaved. There were far fewer accidents then than now. Parents taught their children that amusement attractions were dangerous machines, and the riders were expected to (and did) behave.

I wish someone had had that talk with the poor guy that had the accident with Batman. I hate people that do stupid stuff on coasters and act like their life is in no way in danger.

As the horrible Capri Sun commercial would say, "Respect the Coaster! Respect it!"

What video are you watching? I do not hear any music in the video that was posted on the first page.

Don't forget the ever fundamental basketballs!

I really need to get over that.

but why does the park have to sell those stupid things for people to dribble all through the park??

I was waiting in line for The Beast and we had just gotten up the ramo and into the station when I saw a teenager walking back behind the station, almost underneath it, to go get his basketball he dropped. Are you kidding me! :blink: