Kings Island Flooded by Job Applications

CoastersRZ

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go for the job fair they will tell you right then and there if they want to hire you,and they will also tell you ROP as well

ROP=rate of pay

and for Auditions-

They will either call you or they will send you a letter

k thanks for the info...well, only a matter of so many minutes before i leave...wish me luck all!

I got the job! I'm in admissions. I hope to see all of you on Opening Day at the front gate! I feel like I should write a trip report. There were sooooo many people there. A line all the way from the Festhaus back to the front gates. But luckily I saw my old supervisor from rides and asked if I had to wait in the line since I already had an interview and she walked me up to the front. Apparently that was what I was supposed to do but there was no way of knowing. Well inside there were TONS of people waiting in line to fill out applications on the computers they had (like only 10-15). It was a madhouse. I hope everyone else on here got their job too!

^^Well done!! So is admissions different from working at the ticket counters? Hopefully you'll let us know who you are when the season starts...it's always nice to know that there can maybe be someone at KI who won't give a BS answer if I have a question! Congrats again! Have you submitted your availability yet?

Thanks! Admissions includes ticket/season pass sales and processing, turnstiles, and all of that kind of stuff. I go by my middle name so I don't know what my name tag will say but I did have my middle name on my name tag last year. I will let you guys know. He told me they were offering the job and I guess he assumed I said yes because of my situation with my job in rides last year. It's confusing but I got my paperwork and am going to fill it out asap and send it in.

so the girlfriend got the job...she's workin at Flight of Fear...so anyone else workin down there or goin to the park be sure and say hello to her and all that good jazz....wow im probably just as excited for her as she is....neat (helps that FOF is one of my favorites)

so since she'll be working this summer i may need some people to hang out with when i go to the park so hope to see some of you around

Thanks! Admissions includes ticket/season pass sales and processing, turnstiles, and all of that kind of stuff. I go by my middle name so I don't know what my name tag will say but I did have my middle name on my name tag last year. I will let you guys know. He told me they were offering the job and I guess he assumed I said yes because of my situation with my job in rides last year. It's confusing but I got my paperwork and am going to fill it out asap and send it in.

Congrats on getting the job in admissions! This will be my 4th year in admissions, 14th overall working for the Park. I work in the kennel so come by and say HI!

KI - The Original Employee

I got the job! I'm in admissions. I hope to see all of you on Opening Day at the front gate! I feel like I should write a trip report. There were sooooo many people there. A line all the way from the Festhaus back to the front gates. But luckily I saw my old supervisor from rides and asked if I had to wait in the line since I already had an interview and she walked me up to the front. Apparently that was what I was supposed to do but there was no way of knowing. Well inside there were TONS of people waiting in line to fill out applications on the computers they had (like only 10-15). It was a madhouse. I hope everyone else on here got their job too!

I KNOW IT WAS CRAZY...they ended up loosing my application and prescreening papers so i had to do all of that over again, as for my entertainer position, they didnt have any more spots open for trombone so i didnt get that, but I got ride associate! my two rides are Adventure Express and viking furry i got there at 9 am and didnt get done until 4 pm...

well congratz to all who got a job and best of luck tomorrow ...

i got my job again ...

at this time i would like to remind all hires in about the NDA and your not to post any critical information on this site or any site. I have heard stories about people breaking the NDA and loseing the job in the next few days

Unfortunately I will not get to work at KI this summer, I am 15 and applied for food and beverage associate, and the only other thing I could choose was to work as a character cohort so I put that down as my 2nd choice...and unless I am looking at it wrong they are the ones reviewing my application...

i got my job again ...

at this time i would like to remind all hires in about the NDA and your not to post any critical information on this site or any site. I have heard stories about people breaking the NDA and loseing the job in the next few days

And this is true of Cedar Fair and Kings Island...it was also true in the Paramount Parks days, and it is true at Six Flags as well. Think before you post! I know I do...I think.

NDA you say? Non-disclosure agreement...

Terpy, he'll be here all week, folks

i got my job again ...

And this is true of Cedar Fair and Kings Island...it was also true in the Paramount Parks days, and it is true at Six Flags as well. Think before you post! I know I do...I think.

NDA you say? Non-disclosure agreement...

Terpy, he'll be here all week, folks

wait am i ment to think before i post .. i did ... i think ...

Unfortunately, a degree is not a guarantee of employment. After my latest attempt, it hasn't made one bit of difference in my career, and now I have more debt. Wasn't worth it.

Networking, and good work ethic is more important these days. You have to start at the bottom, no matter what. My abilities in my current job are not the best, but I think I survived solely because I show up every day, am pleasant (now theres a shocker!), and I do what I'm told, period. Some of my tasks really stink, and I hate it, but my employer doesn't know that. If you are willing to do the tasks no one else wants, that will make you valuable in any job.

You go in through the main gate and you follow down to the entrance and you will see a bunch of cars parked down there. You pass through the main entrance of the park and you will see a huge line. If you already have an interview you can just follow the line but don't wait in it and head all the way up to the Festhaus. When you get in there is a table and tell them you have an interview and with what department and they will tell you to go to another table to tell them you are there. They will call your name over a microphone and you go in for your interview. If you don't have an interview already set up get there as soon as you can because the line is huge and outside where it is cold but you get to see DB. :D

^No problem! Relax and treat it like a conversation. Read over the job description on the website and be sure to become familiar with it so you can answer questions that go well with that job description. Best of luck to you!

I KNOW IT WAS CRAZY...they ended up loosing my application and prescreening papers so i had to do all of that over again, as for my entertainer position, they didnt have any more spots open for trombone so i didnt get that, but I got ride associate! my two rides are Adventure Express and viking furry i got there at 9 am and didnt get done until 4 pm...

That's awesome! Rides is such an amazing experience! But I just want to say, have fun height checking all of the munchkins! :lol::P:lol:

I have a question though. Did you get to choose AE and VF or did they give you a choice between a few crews or did they tell you were you were going to work? Have fun with the Action Zone crew. They/We are/were the best!

My application says it is under review by the department I applied for (human resources) and that they will contact me. I'm not going to the job fair, so I guess I'll wait to see if HR does indeed contact me. I applied for a department trainer position. If I don't get a call back from them, I will be giving them a call later on this season to ask to be considered for other departments, but I'm not in any hurry.

As for the guy who turned down the marketing position ... with a degree, he should be getting more than $8/hr, absolutely. He's better off in pizza delivery - the money is definitely better. The entry-level marketing position with KI, from what I read of it, is designed for someone who has no experience or education in marketing, such as a college student. He can get into something much stronger than that with his degree, though so many people hold marketing degrees now a days that it will be tough competition. Marketing is sort of like psychology and history degrees - you major in it if you aren't sure what you want to do, so unfortunately the market's a little flooded for those who have a serious interest in pursuing it. That's why I'm majoring in biology - the proportion of bio grads to jobs available is much different than in my old major of anthropology.