Did anyone see the book?

italianchef

Did anyone see The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island at the park today? I was told that it would be available at Emporium and all other retail shops today.

I had to work, so I couldn't go to the park, though I listened to the interview on the radio.

I saw some guy on The Beast asking the people to work there to solicit the book while they got the crowd going. Or at least I think that is what he was doing, but I was on the train leaving the station as he was asking, so I could have heard wrong or something. But other than that I didn't go into any shops for lack of cash.

Most every store has it now, they arrived in park-owned locations on Saturday, so be sure to get your copy from Spotlight Souvenirs or Gateway Gifts-- They're right on the register stands! Look for an acrylic display with the books, which are probably two inches 2-3 inches wide by 8-10 inches tall!

Money thing, huh, just remember associates do get a nice discount, and as far as I know we do get a discount on the book.

Edited by TraderJake

I saw some guy on The Beast asking the people to work there to solicit the book while they got the crowd going. Or at least I think that is what he was doing, but I was on the train leaving the station as he was asking, so I could have heard wrong or something. But other than that I didn't go into any shops for lack of cash.

From what I heard of this guy, he wouldn't seek people to "solicit" for him. But he is what my wife calls a "looky looky American" who will joke and brag about his achievements. I laughed when I heard him say on the radio that his wife was the nicest lady "in the history of history". You must've misunderstood him.

• 1 month later...

You're right pkiDelirium, he has told me his name before and it was Charles! he also said that he enjoyed cooking!? I think Italianchef has something he'd like to share with us, Mr. Charles Infosino!

Edited by Inraider

Yup.......I am who you say I am. And since I only got 20 free copies as author and had to give away copies to family, friends, and in-laws in Japan, Florida, New York, New Jersey, California, Ohio, Media, and Kentucky........I had to buy a total of 16 COPIES on my own.

And if anyone took offense to me, all I can say is sorry you feel that way. Self-promotion is a perfectly acceptable form of promotion for a person of my assets......next to nothing.

I was waiting for folks to figure out who I am and am grateful to the people who buy the book. I am honored to be on the same forum as other PKI fans and wish all of you, even those who spoke poorly about me and my book which pays homage to Paramount's Kings Island, well. And I especially send my best wishes to those who spoke nice about me and/or my book.

Sincerely,

ItalianChef

wait.... he is....

CHARLES INFOSINO????

WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!

lol. Now that I think about it, I should've known it was you! The name "ItalianChef", That has to be from the cooking awards you won. Is there a chance for another book signing? I missed the last one and love your book! I quiz my friends on PKI all the time at school with that book.

Anyways, nice to talk with you, and great job on the book!

EDIT: after I got the book, I didn't look in this topic anymore. Now I see that other people did have inklings. Oh well.

Edited by StXBomber

wait.... he is....

CHARLES INFOSINO????

WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!

lol. Now that I think about it, I should've known it was you! The name "ItalianChef", That has to be from the cooking awards you won. Is there a chance for another book signing? I missed the last one and love your book! I quiz my friends on PKI all the time at school with that book.

Anyways, nice to talk with you, and great job on the book!

EDIT: after I got the book, I didn't look in this topic anymore. Now I see that other people did have inklings. Oh well.

Indeed there will be another book signing at PKI when the weather is better. My book signing on 5/10 suffered the same low turnout as the park due to the rain, thunderstorm, and hurricane warning. I got soaked, but it was funny.

And thank you for your support. From here on, I'll be honest about my true identity. And I must tell folks in advance that I have a "CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT" with the park. That means that I am PROHIBITED from telling you SECRET information that they tell me.

That doesn't mean that I can't speculate on things that they haven't briefed me on.

And since many of you are younger than me - and I have a MBA, lived and worked in Japan, etc..........feel free to PM me any questions that you have about college, career advice, etc.

LONG LIVE PKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how cool is that?

biggrin.gif

Glad you like the forums and the site. I read part of the book in the Rock Shop while I was working (shh... don't tell anyone!) and decided I had to buy it. Hopefully I will get a chance to do that soon. You do need to do another signing... I missed the first one, I wanted to meet you!

You "looky looky Italian" you...

You must have read my comment about my wife calling me a "looky looky American".

Now that I have finally admitted that I am Charles Infosino, I shall tell you all the following.

1. I love my wife Yukari first.

2. I love red wine, especially Merlot, second.

3. I love Paramount's Kings Island third.

4. I love cooking fourth.

5. I love cartoons fifth.

Nuff said.

For those of you who made positive comments about my book, I thank you. I visited PKI before my honeymoon at Disney World in Florida and then again after my honeymoon. On my visit after my honeymoon I told Yukari that I was going to write a guidebook about PKI. That was in 2000. The rest is history.

Sincerely,

Charles Infosino aka ItalianChef aka Looky Look Italian-American

Were you previously an author, or was this something that you did on a whim, and somehow not only managed to get published, but also managed to get distributed within the park?

That's a great question. I was not an author, but a corporate bank employee (and I still am). The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island was my first book - and I did it "on a whim". I found Disney and PKI to be so much alike, and I used the Disney Unofficial Guide to plan and navigate my honeymoon. I, a non-author, managed to write the book, find an outstanding publisher (Orange Frazer Press), and have it for sale at:

1. PKI

2. Bookstores throughout the tri-state

3. Amazon.com

4. The Cincinnati Visitor's Center

5. Some other web sites, including Wal-Mart.

Please note, that I have published some newspaper and magazine articles. However, The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island is my greatest accomplishment in writing. And I never could have done so without the dynamic staffs of PKI and Orange Frazer Press. I am humbled and priviledged to work with both of them.

Have a great day,

Charles Infosino

Wow, so many questions answered. Finnaly, I always wondered why you had all this corporate access over the winter at PKI. All that stuff you were sure about on pki, all the info. It all makes sense now. With that said, your book rules and I've read it roughly 30 times on my 17 mile bus ride to school everyday. It's really an honor to have you on the forum. And for a first time writer, that was incredibly impressive. I learned alot from it. Good luck with your book, you deserve it.

Wow, so many questions answered. Finnaly, I always wondered why you had all this corporate access over the winter at PKI. All that stuff you were sure about on pki, all the info. It all makes sense now. With that said, your book rules and I've read it roughly 30 times on my 17 mile bus ride to school everyday. It's really an honor to have you on the forum. And for a first time writer, that was incredibly impressive. I learned alot from it. Good luck with your book, you deserve it.

Positive feedback such as your means more to me than any amount of money that I might make in royalties. I wrote the book for my love of PKI first and foremost. Your laudatory comments flatter me and all the efforts that were put into this book. Thank you Sir.

Sincerely,

Charles Infosino