The NEW Crypt 5/15

Ki Man

My friend was there today. He has a completely unbiased opinion because he has never ridden it and I said it was great because I hadn't ridden it since it was Tomb Raider and everyone was saying great things about the previous new programming. He told me it sucked. I assume it's the newest new, not extreme but extremely lame programming. I'm very dissapointed it was down when I went to ride during RWW coaster wknd cuz that may have been my last chance to enjoy the ride.

The 2nd inversion gives your a weird feeling.

A feeling like "I know there's a ride in here somewhere" for me.

When they changed it from Tomb Raider to The Crypt, the new ride program brought the two triple flips, and those were my favorite parts to the ride. I also liked the weird backward feeling going over the top. The new program for me is just lame. If they were going to turn it into something like that, I wish they would bring back the original beginning from Tomb Raider that started by moving forward a little while locked, then release and let it rock back and forth a few times. Then on up from there, or backward, or wherever. I don't know what it was, but the rocking always managed to surprise me, and I loved it. There really is nothing surprising or exciting about the new program, and the similar elements seem to have been slowed down. That's getting parilously close to a trim brake!

I have missed the double flip in complete darkness from the original program as well. At least I think it was a double. That flip always got my sense of direction so screwed up I didn't know which way was up or down. I also miss the perfect use of the two doors. I have missed the one between the anti-chamber and the pre-show room as it is. Now with both doors, do we have anything to be excited about with Crypt? The music in the queue is nice. I have some of it on CD - Midnight Syndicate.

That was absolutely horrible. The ride wasn't entertaining what so ever and to top it all off the cycle stopped mid ride and we were brought back down to the bottom of the where we waited for 10 minutes until we were moved back into position so we could exit. I don't know what happened but it almost felt like an E stop because when were being brought down to the bottom of the swing it was real jerky. You won't find me on the Crypt with this new program anytime soon.

to what it is now...

Which is Timmy's Air Tours: The Adult Version. Whoever started that nickname was correct.

I have the feeling that the intense ride cycle on The Crypt will be something that makes everyone turn green with envy in 20 years when you tell them you rode it, so enjoy that my friends.

What I don't understand is the fact that KD's "The Crypt" has maintained nearly all of its themeing and ride cycle, while KI's transitioned to horrible themeing with a very intense ride cycle to what it is now...

That is because Kings Island's Tomb Raider/Crypt/Timmy's Air Tours Sr. is a GIANT Top Spin, the only of it's kind. It is also a maintenance nightmare, but don't worry, it won't be soon......

What I don't understand is the fact that KD's "The Crypt" has maintained nearly all of its themeing and ride cycle, while KI's transitioned to horrible themeing with a very intense ride cycle to what it is now...

That is because Kings Island's Tomb Raider/Crypt/Timmy's Air Tours Sr. is a GIANT Top Spin, the only of it's kind. It is also a maintenance nightmare, but don't worry, it won't be soon......

They're going to be able to fix it and keep it fixed?

User goes plop! Or is it being sold to Six Flags St Louis, who can even make Evolution work (as Excalibur) when the folk at Great Advencha almost never could?

I went on The Crypt May 24th. The park was packed that day. The ride broke down while we were waiting. All of the lights were turned on, the music went off ( it sounded like Midnight Syndicate), but an announcement was never made ( I guess that would have been too easy to do). I think we ended up waiting 45 minutes for the ride. On to the ride... 3 total spins. One in sitting position, one forward and one backward inversion. The ride lasted under 1 minute. The indoor area was filthy, and the theme is so poorly maintained. Some of the paint is peeling off of the props, so you can tell they are styrofoam.

In the room before the Skeletal Rat monster thingie the brick wall facade is peeling off the wall.

This was my first KI ride in years on May 16th, as I had not been to the park since 2000.

It was the worst ride I rode all day. Thank goodness I rode The Beast next, because from then on my day was pretty good. ;)

I'm suprised the ride program or themeing hasn't changed yet, after all these complaints. The ride experience would be 2 times better if they would just bother to throw some fx lighting on the goddess, clean up a bit, or at least get rid of the little door in the waiting chamber! Does anybody have any idea how hard it would be to bring back the fountains? (Terpy, more than "yes" please!) Because that would be awesome if they could do that.

There are 2 major things that determine the fate of a ride, when it is to difficult to maintain (to the point where it is not financially sensable) and when the ride is unpopular with the public.

From what I'm herd, the Crypt is both. I would not be surprised to see it removed in the not so distant future, maybe even by the 2010 season. When the ride is constantly down, has been since it opened 7 years ago, it's reprogramed to reduce said problems, and is still having difficulties, then you have a serious problem.

I'm suprised the ride program or themeing hasn't changed yet, after all these complaints. The ride experience would be 2 times better if they would just bother to throw some fx lighting on the goddess, clean up a bit, or at least get rid of the little door in the waiting chamber! Does anybody have any idea how hard it would be to bring back the fountains? (Terpy, more than "yes" please!) Because that would be awesome if they could do that.

Well, I don't know when they're going to doing changes with the theming and/or clean the place up. KI is opening everyday soon, so they won't be able to work during the day, and I dob't they'll work early morning or late night. As to bringing the fountains back, I think they covered the entire florr with a big slab of concrete (I can't remember as I haven't been in there since last year). If they did, it'd be pretty difficult because they'd have to bust up the concrete and stuff to put in drainage and run pipe and all other associated work. Also, it wouldn't be too cheap.

Well, since everyone is being mean to The Crypt, I'll say something positive. The music going into the cave and in line this year is awesome! Actually I have some of it on CD for Midnight Forest, which is my haunted trail. Three times now, that music has drawn me into the cave. I'm still not sure what's up with that, and I'm still enjoying the ride itself, just not nearly as much as with the previous program(s).

Flyer, who is easily amused.

Well, since everyone is being mean to The Crypt, I'll say something positive. The music going into the cave and in line this year is awesome! Actually I have some of it on CD for Midnight Forest, which is my haunted trail. Three times now, that music has drawn me into the cave. I'm still not sure what's up with that, and I'm still enjoying the ride itself, just not nearly as much as with the previous program(s).

Flyer, who is easily amused.

Well there'd have to be something new that makes the ride worthwhile, cause the ride sure isn't going to draw any crowd.

Justin, on the other side of the argument.

Well there'd have to be something new that makes the ride worthwhile, cause the ride sure isn't going to draw any crowd.

Believe me I see your point. I just wanted to say something positive about it for a change. And I DO LOVE that music.

Flyer, who prefers not to take sides unless trims are involved - then, see signature.

Believe me I see your point. I just wanted to say something positive about it for a change. And I DO LOVE that music.

Flyer, who prefers not to take sides unless trims are involved - then, see signature.

Well, kudos to you sir, because try as I may I can't seem to find anything positive to say about the ride.

I haven't had the chance to experience Timmy Sr. Air Tours or whatever you guys are calling it now since the change, but my sister did.

She is very picky about rollercoasters and rides in general and thinks any rollercoaster or ride without an inversion is lame.

Needless to say, lame is the word that came out of her mouth when I asked her what she thought about the ride.