The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

The lawsuits, though a bother, are not all that atypical and will probably (probably, not definitely) go away. Getting the holders of 2/3 of the units to vote for this acquisition is not going to be easy, especially since Kinzel & Co. appear to have many of them convinced the debt is manageable, the future is bright and the management is the best possible on this or any other planet.

Hmmmm, big iron claw, I think it will tear the **** outta wood just as well as it did to metal. Regardless, other than HAVING to be careful close to AE, they could start March 1st and have it down... maybe not have the area totally CLEARED, but down.

Or they could just bring it down like they did Riverfront and take a little over a minute. I think with all the bad publicity over the years it will just quietly disappear one offseason.

Is it possible that SOB is being removed starting with parts that cannot be seen from the road?

Well it depends what you mean.

Do you mean the station? They could use that station for another ride (i.e. Vortex's station was origionally Bat's station.)

Do you mean taking out the lower track sections like the rose bowl first? I can see that as a real possibility.

But as with any construction project, you start from the bottom up, the opposite would be true for a deconstruction project. The main part of the lift hill would have to be taken down from the top down.

I sincerely doubt the average guest at Great Wolf Lodge would observe Son of Beast as closely as would many of the readers of this board...

Also, the Rose Bowl sits way down in what amounts to a hole. I don't think it can be clearly seen from GWL. From the air, yes. . .from GWL, not so much, if at all.

I was just at Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio. Son of Beast is not as visible from the area as expected to be. Many can only see the tops of the roller coaster. Including the top of the lift and drop, and the top of the rose bowl. If one reader on this board should ever be at Great Wolf in Mason, Ohio. Do not expect much sight seeing to be taking place on what many call the abomination of roller coasters. :)

And you'll never guess what other coaster is ranked rather close to Grizzly.

Rather consistantly as well....

http://www.ushsho.co...artable2009.htm

Some good and interesting data there! It's amazing how much time I can lose following the links to pages posted here (and the links on those pages, etc...). I guess calling it the web is appropriate!

Well, how many of us* have been in the park since November 1?

*that do not work for Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and therefore could speak freely about anything they saw

I went there 2 saturdays ago, from behind Great Wolf Lodge there is a dirt road with a locked gate, that if you go right before it you can see right up next to top gun, and can see a little bit of the rose bowl, and the lift among a few other bits and pieces. it was still all in one piece, with no construction crews in the area. on another note, who owns that greenhouse? its just so randomly placed, and an odd thing to have. its not abandoned, either.

Well, how many of us* have been in the park since November 1?

*that do not work for Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and therefore could speak freely about anything they saw

I went there 2 saturdays ago, from behind Great Wolf Lodge there is a dirt road with a locked gate, that if you go right before it you can see right up next to top gun, and can see a little bit of the rose bowl, and the lift among a few other bits and pieces. it was still all in one piece, with no construction crews in the area. on another note, who owns that greenhouse? its just so randomly placed, and an odd thing to have. its not abandoned, either.

The green houses, I believe, are owned by KI. They are used for the many plants planted all around the park

I sincerely doubt the average guest at Great Wolf Lodge would observe Son of Beast as closely as would many of the readers of this board...

Also, the Rose Bowl sits way down in what amounts to a hole. I don't think it can be clearly seen from GWL. From the air, yes. . .from GWL, not so much, if at all.

I can attest to the fact that you can see ALL of SOB from the air, and yes it is from experience.

From my experience, they either make things up to scare people or sound smart. It's best to just ignore them, usually they are so adamant about it they won't listen to logic. I wonder how said person would react to hearing that at one point there were over 20 Six Flags parks!