Petting Zoo Added to Howl-O-Fest

BoddaH1994

This and animals being used in mazes. And everyone said Cedar Fair would never have anything to do with animals. I'm just sad nobody invited me to assist in this. Of course, the manner in which they will be used would determine if I would want to. It will also influence my decision as to if I choose to attend Haunt this year or not. I will certainly be watching this one very closely.

theyll probably use these animals for howl o fest during the day and transferr them to the haunted maze at night... they would get the best of both worlds...

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/21043973/detail.html

This is what worries me. In a true professional environment, animals could not be stressed past a certain point. Moving animals too much in an unfamiliar place certainly qualifies in this category. Very simply put, so does throwing animals out on display. In an aza environment, for example, animals would undergo a minimal 30 day corontine before ever being placed in view of the general public. ( at least without walls or glass ) This is typically to ensure the animal is not sick, and cannot spread disease to other members of its species if it is. I am curious to see where the animals are coming from. Private owners, or a zoo. I am highly doubting that it is a zoo. And if they are private, what are their licenses or certifications. I would also like to know what animals are going to be used for the petting zoo, and especially for the mazes. I am not trying to start argument. I am just saying that I am curious to know these things. Sorry, but it's just me being..well, ME.

theyll probably use these animals for howl o fest during the day and transferr them to the haunted maze at night... they would get the best of both worlds...

This is what worries me. In a true professional environment, animals could not be stressed past a certain point. Moving animals too much in an unfamiliar place certainly qualifies in this category. Very simply put, so does throwing animals out on display. In an aza environment, for example, animals would undergo a minimal 30 day corontine before ever being placed in view of the general public. ( at least without walls or glass ) This is typically to ensure the animal is not sick, and cannot spread disease to other members of its species if it is. I am curious to see where the animals are coming from. Private owners, or a zoo. I am highly doubting that it is a zoo. And if they are private, what are their licenses or certifications. I would also like to know what animals are going to be used for the petting zoo, and especially for the mazes. I am not trying to start argument. I am just saying that I am curious to know these things. Sorry, but it's just me being..well, ME.

It was stated on the news, they are owned by an employee. This makes them private and no need for licenses or certifications.

It was stated on the news, they are owned by an employee. This makes them private and no need for licenses or certifications.

Which is my point. Kings Island, don't take offense to my words, and be careful with this. I've always preached that I want to see the return of animals to K.I. But I have also always preached that next time, it should be done right. A rare 1% of guests treat associates working haunt like they are less than human. Blowing cigarettes in faces, associates getting touched, hit, etc. Please be very careful with animals. I hope they will be monitored very closely.

It's not the same animals. The animals used at night in the Slaughter House are owned by a park employee who will be there at all times. The animals used during the day are from a professional mobile petting zoo. Both sets of animals are very accustomed to a lot of people being around them.

It's not the same animals. The animals used at night in the Slaughter House are owned by a park employee who will be there at all times. The animals used during the day are from a professional mobile petting zoo. Both sets of animals are very accustomed to a lot of people being around them.

The farm animals from the Slaughter House were transfered over to the Kennel Friday. I work in the kennel and I was informed about the animals before I started my shift. It was a change of pace for sure during my time in the kennel Friday night. I had 2 goats and 6 pigs that night and well, they did what farm animals do. They were well behaved and the pigs allowed me to enter the cage to flip over the water bowls to refill them and to spray them down and wet the bed of straw. I have no ideal as to what pigs say to each other but they were busy talking to each other but I am not sure if they were talking about bacon and eggs for breakfast! :wacko: On a lighter side, the first thing I did (after sweeping the straw from the office area) was to mop the floor with an extra heaping of bleach in the water and on the floor and spraying the air with air freshner. :wacko: I kind of felt sorry for my lone dog that I had and his reaction to the pigs!

Which brings up a very interesting question. In the park itself, I have seen raccoons, skunks, deer and even an occasional muskrat or opossum. I have never, ever seen a domesticated dog or cat loose in the park itself, though. Has anyone here? And if you were working at the park at the time, what was done about it and how?

Yeah, at one time dogs used to get loose and into the park.

I've seen a dog run up Coney Mall after closing. But that was oh ..... about 20 years ago. <G>