Is Haunt too..... Scary for me?

Whales_Rock

Really kind of stupid but.... I really need to go to KI. I've only been once this season and thats not enough! My friend will take me but she says I have to do Haunt. The commercials make me almost pee in my pants. Is it really THAT scary, and do people follow you a lot? Or touch you? Also how crowded do you think it will be this Saturday?

^^I thought was unless a guest touches you. If a guest (let's say) pokes you and you're a roamer, can't you follow them and have fun messing with them by like randomly poking them? I know that would me jump if I randomly felt someone touch my back. Or they could poke one shoulder, and then move to your other shoulder so when you turn around they are right there.

People will follow you, scare you, get in your face. However one thing they CAN"T do is touch you.

Really.

I can't tell you how many scareactors brushed up against me on both Friday and Saturday night. I was checking my clothes for fake blood after every maze.

If that happened in a maze, more than likely accidental. I don't work in a maze, but I learn to keep still and out of the way when I walk back to my spot coming to or from break till the group passes by then move on. (kind of gives me a chance to play statue games ha)

Well we're not supposed to touch you, but sometimes accidents happen. But we can never grab people, poke people, hit people, etc...

...which has to be hard. Quite honestly, many park guests do not behave. I am quite sure scaractors get punched, hit and jabbed quite frequently. They shouldn't be. They are good people, trying hard to do a job they both love and doubtless get tired of at times as well.

I implore those of you who do go to Haunt, please don't mistreat the park employees. And if you see someone else who is, please report it.

Terpy... I been hit, punched several times :P and I had guest brush up against me on purpose. And that was just opening weekend, >< I've lost count over the years.

One night when I worked Urgent Scare last year this lady who got seperated from her group bopped me on the nose with her water bottle lol.

I am one who does not enjoy Haunt as much. I just don't like that kind of stuff. Still, I suggest you go.

The Atmosphere of the park is much, much different. It's spooky beyond all get out, and it's really cool. I swear, you will not recognize the park if you go.

The Roamers / Creepers aren't too bad. They will not touch you. They will come up and shock you, maybe follow you, creep you out and scare the living daylights out of you with their sliding knee pads, but unless you have high blood pressure, it's not too bad.

The fog alone makes it worth going. Roller coasters + nighttime + fog = B)

As far as the haunts themselves go, it's up for you to decide. I went through Club Blood in 2008 for the KIC tour (With the lights on, and my mom right behind me) and I nearly puked. They are supposed to be pretty freaky, so use your judgment.

Again, I suggest go. It's a unique experience that you will not regret going to, and odds are you will enjoy it.

last Saturday I seen "punky" kids mistreating the scaracters. There was this one group of kids, one of them had some sort of flashlight(?) but it had a red light, it looked bright & he was shining it in the scaracters eyes. Did anyone of you scaracters or haunt workers have this happen to you???

A security guard in my line quietly made the group put the flashlight away before they came through Cut Throat. I though for sure they were going to shine it in my face. She even followed them through the maze to make sure they were still behaving.

^^I thought was unless a guest touches you. If a guest (let's say) pokes you and you're a roamer, can't you follow them and have fun messing with them by like randomly poking them? I know that would me jump if I randomly felt someone touch my back. Or they could poke one shoulder, and then move to your other shoulder so when you turn around they are right there.

actually the roamers can tap you on the shoulder only! but i do know some actors who use you-touch-me-i-touch-you theory

Well we're not supposed to touch you, but sometimes accidents happen. But we can never grab people, poke people, hit people, etc...

...which has to be hard. Quite honestly, many park guests do not behave. I am quite sure scaractors get punched, hit and jabbed quite frequently. They shouldn't be. They are good people, trying hard to do a job they both love and doubtless get tired of at times as well.

I implore those of you who do go to Haunt, please don't mistreat the park employees. And if you see someone else who is, please report it.

especially opening weekend. ppl getting used to where guests walk etc. i have pushed past annoying ppl when roaming the queue ine when they turn around look at me turn back grab both rails and wont move even after saying excuse me 3 times

and terpy i <3 you :) some one actually broke my glasses last year when they punched me in the face. and opening sat i was hosting out front some kid slapped my back hard then pushed me so i woudnt trn around and see him... *sigh*

My friend has been before and told me how many ways she insulted all the scareactors xD

then maybe you should educate your friend...

"actually the roamers can tap you on the shoulder only! but i do know some actors who use you-touch-me-i-touch-you theory"

I hate that! I'm always afraid of getting tapped on the shoulder because when I was younger, ALL my nightmares would start out like that, someone tapping me on the shoulder

Really kind of stupid but.... I really need to go to KI. I've only been once this season and thats not enough! My friend will take me but she says I have to do Haunt. The commercials make me almost pee in my pants. Is it really THAT scary, and do people follow you a lot? Or touch you? Also how crowded do you think it will be this Saturday?

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'd love to go, but I'm worried that I'd hate it. :wacko:

Don't worry....

...we think you'll do FINE at the Haunt.

We just need your name and a picture so that we, you know, will know what you look like and we don't scare you. :)