What 3D Movie Should Replace Spongebob?

bkroz

I know there's differing opinions on whether or not there'll even BE an Action Theater come 2010, but if there were, which film would you like to see? Here's a link to the Iwerks film library for their 3-D films to browse through, just to get ideas.

Of course, depending on the status with Hannah-Barbera, there's always "Yogi's Wild Ride" (didn't the Action Theater have that at one point, before it went to Universal?) but I'd be happy with a return to "7th Portal", too... There should be action in the Action Theater! There's also plenty of 2D movies that would be fun, like "Smash Factory," and I know "Dino Island II" was a hit at Geauga Lake (and clearly not hard to install if they brought it to Geauga Lake).

I know others may disagree, but I feel like the Action Theater is one of the few true family attractions, is easy to renovate, and counts as a marketable "new ride." They can plaster the new movie's logo over every brochure and say "NEW FOR 2010," and that's something they need! And it's easy enough to do, so...

Guest TombraiderTy

^The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera was added in 2006, after Universal had replaced theirs with a Jimmy Neutron attraction.

I haven't browsed through the library yet, but some of the ones that have already played in Action Theater I wouldn't mind seeing again are Meteorite Attack, Secrets of the Lost Temple, and, of course, The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. I personally didn't care for 7th Portal or the few FearFest ones (Elvira's Superstition, Dracula's Haunted Castle, and Funhouse Express).

• 1 month later...

Yes, indeed, reprogramming would have to occur each time. Two movies a month? In a park that relatively few of the visitors visit even once each month? And where those who do are typically not the ones who contribute most greatly to park profits by spending heavily while in the park? Why would they ever run two different movies a month in Action Theater? They are more likely to remove the attraction than to do that...

I think AT is considered a 4D experience. There are only a handful of movies that are 4D. I would like one of the nature flicks. One about dolphins, and another about penguins. Those would be cool. You could theme it like an animal adventure! Well, if they ever decided to such a crazy thing like themeing again.

Somehow, I have a feeling that the replacement movie will either be something based on an extreme roller coaster simulator, or no movie at all. I would like to see a new movie in AT, even though that fading building is blocking part of the future ride frontier.tongue.gif

• Like 1