What Ride Do You sit in 1st seat?

Son of Beast Savior

There are only two rides that I will ride ONLY in the front seat, or not even bother...for totally different reasons:

* Maverick. The ride is simply awesome in the front seat. In fact, it is my favorite steel coaster, by far. In other seats, I find it to be an incredible bore.

* Son of Beast. With the new trains and sans loop. Before then, I rode the middle seat of the back car. For the same reason. I find the ride tolerable there.

Then again, Terpy is relatively old...you younguns can ride what you want where you want. For that matter, so can the rest of you! :)

And welcome to KIC!

I like it on Maverick a lot... it really is a great experience up front. Although I like all seats on it as well and normally I don't wait for the front. I DO ride the front on all B&M Inverts and Stand-Ups because with the 4-across seating the line is almost never long.

I really like it on TTD as well. the wind in your face is just ridiculous, and that drop is wild! :)

There's not a single ride where I absolutely have to be in the front seat. Although the one I find makes the most difference is Flight Deck.

There are only two rides that I will ride ONLY in the front seat, or not even bother...for totally different reasons:

* Maverick. The ride is simply awesome in the front seat. In fact, it is my favorite steel coaster, by far. In other seats, I find it to be an incredible bore.

Maybe that's why I wasn't all that impressed with it. It's a decent coaster, but it doesn't rank near the top of my favorites. I've only ridden it once, and that was in the back seat. It just didn't seem to live up to all the hype to me.

There's not a single ride where I absolutely have to be in the front seat. Although the one I find makes the most difference is Flight Deck.

Maybe that's why I wasn't all that impressed with it. It's a decent coaster, but it doesn't rank near the top of my favorites. I've only ridden it once, and that was in the back seat. It just didn't seem to live up to all the hype to me.

ohmy.gif, i love the back seat on that coaster.

Maverick is phenomenal in the front but, unlike Terpy, I love it in every other seat too.

Hypers are fun in the front because you hang over the first hill but I don't ride there often.

Fahrenheit at Hershey was a bore till I sat in the front. Coming over the vertical lift set the tone for the rest of the ride.

Flight Deck

One and only one answer: Flight Deck B)

i agree...i love the front seat on flight deck....although i usually find myself at the back of the coasters more than the front except for Flight Deck...thats the only one i have to ride up front no matter what

i've rode Diamondback at night in both row 1 and row 16, and i must say, it's amazing getting to dangle off the chain lift in the very front only seeing a few little light poles lighting the ground below and it's equally amazing getting the extreme ejecter air coming over the tops of the hills in the very back when you cannot see when you are about to clear the top of one.

Well at KI I usually sit in...

Vortex: 7-1 (second to back)

Diamondback: 14

Beast: Second to back

Backlot: Second to back

Racer Red: Usually sit in second to back, but the front is the best

Adventure Express: Second to back

Face/Off: The end closest to Drop Zone

Son of Beast: Front row, although sometimes second to last

Top Gun: Second to last

Firehawk: Row 5

Flight of Fear: Somewhere in middle, but in the front of a car

Beastie: Back

Reptard: front

Lil Bill: Only ridden it once, and it was years ago

If I am riding a coaster for the first time I usually decide what seat I ride in using the following:

Front Seat Better:

* any full circuit Intamin coaster (TTD, Maverick, MF)

* any ride with a shorter train (Maverick, Mystery Mine)

* any ride with a deserved reputation for being rough (Mean Streak, SOB)

* B&M floorless (for the floorless effect)

Back Seat Better:

* most B&M coasters (other than the floorless)

* most wooden coasters

* most multi-loopers of any style

For the poll I'm in the Millennium Force camp. The first drop is much better in the back, but after that the sense of speed and the airtime pops you get on the third hill and on the final bunny hill are much more pronounced up front. Maverick comes in a very close second.

I don't mind riding up front unless it's Wicked Twister. I'm a back seat or ejector seat rider.. I like my G FORCES and AIRTIME! I know when a coaster is in my top 10 when I get strong Gs and ejector air even in the front seat.

I remember when my friend Cameron asked me "Which seat is ejector seat on Voyage?" :lol:

Im a back seat person, but if Im presented with a line for the front seat wait that is as long as other rows of most coasters (some I only sit in the back) Ill go there (which rarely happens, the day has to be pretty dead.) That said there are some select coasters that Im willing to wait longer for the front row on occasion:

-Alpengeist

-Montu

-The Beast

-Millennium Force

-Top Thrill Dragster

-The Voyage

-Dueling Dragons

I'm not really too big of a fan of front seat rides. There are though a select few I try to ride in the front on.

Maverick

Diamondback

Flight Deck

Vortex

Flight of Fear

Magnum XL-200 (I have to ride in the ejector seat and the back first though)