Nick Toons store

Coaster Kid

I agree with Tyler, but I think it would be very neat to see the place as a sit down restaurant with the same theme as Joe Cool Cafe at Cedar Point. I ate there with my friends this past summer and while eating I found myself looking around to read the Peanuts comic strips on the walls. The food was even decent there.

I doubt we see it turn into a restaurant. At least not this year. The building itself was actually one of the old skyride stations. The other was located approximately where Sling Shot sits today.

The old Nick Store location is located within close proximity of three counter service food/drink stands. Not exactly an ideal location for a sit down restaurant. That being said, I think a full service sit down restaurant would do well at Kings Island. Who knows if or when we will see one.

I completely agree that it will be a store for this year, but I think it could very well become a sit down in the future. I believe the Ice Cream stand could be turned into a store much like the store in Action Zone. Plus the Ice Cream store in it's current spot does a lot to congest the midway on busy days. ^I also agree with you Cory, I love GameDay Grille at Cedar Point, and I think it would do well at KI.

It is not that easy to switch the use of a building from mercantile (merchandise) to assembly (restaurants). There are different occupancy factors for the two use groups, which determine the number of exits and exit width, not to mention the number of restroom facilities required. And as Elmer Fudd pointed out, there are unique things with restaurant design that requires special attention such as freezers and sinks. I`m not certain if that building has water service running to it. Additionally, most freezers for restaurants are quite large and the food prep area that is required is quite large. I`m not certain that the building would be large enough to have the desired number of table to make a sit down restaurant there feasible in terms of revenue generated. Surely a retrofit situation would likely be more expensive than building a new building from a clean slate.

That being said, I think the location of the former funnel cake stand in Coney Mall (between Eurobungee and the skee ball arcade, could make a nice location for a GameDay type restaurant. It would be a signature eating location, in an otherwise lowly trafficked midway. If they were to put it in there, and throw in a new flat ride on the location of the Slingshot, and they could have a nice sprucing up to the far end of Coney Mall, that hasn`t really seen much attention in recent years. After the extensive work that has been put into Rivertown and the childrens areas the last few years, it certainly would be nice to see some updates and upgrades to Coney Mall.

Yep. The only thing is that the Juke Box Diner is directly across the midway from that location. But it does not offer any air conditioned seating area. But the menu items between the two locations would be similar in nature. I still think something needs to be done with the side of Coney Mall that is closest to The Racer there, as it often does not receive much foot traffic. Especially since the days of the Action FX Theater being a popular attraction have passed it seems (at least as long as they still have Spongebob in there, who knows if they will even show a movie in there this year since Spongebob likely will not be back for obvious reasons).

I definately dont think the Nick store would be turned into a sit down restaraunt. Too many codes,and not enough room to change it over. ^But I agree somewhere along the end of coney mall would be a good location for a nice seated resaraunt.

The code issues wouldn`t be the biggest thing preventing the transformation of that space into a restaurant. It would be creating all the back of house areas, and creating space for such things as the freezer, and all the vents for the ovens, etc. Trust me, I know a little bit about building codes and architecture. I`m currently employed at an architecture firm, and I have done some entertainment architecture work in my career.

I would love to see a Gameday Grille go in at Kings Island, gives a nice place to get out of the heat and you would be able to sit down and watch a game or something while your eating. The Festhaus is really the only nice, air conditioned, sit down eatery at Kings Island, then there is Wings as well.

I would love to see a Gameday Grille go in at Kings Island, gives a nice place to get out of the heat and you would be able to sit down and watch a game or something while your eating. The Festhaus is really the only nice, air conditioned, sit down eatery at Kings Island, then there is Wings as well.

I have honestly made the trip up to Cedar Point and spent half the day watching football! Honest! The park was dead, I walked on every ride about 5 times and decided it was time to just go watch some football!

Wings? What is Wings? Wasn't that some kind of movie or sumthin'? I'd think it paramount we get the name right...Rivertown Junction...

Wings? What is Wings? Wasn't that some kind of movie or sumthin'? I'd think it paramount we get the name right...Rivertown Junction...

Thats what they should do! Put a few televisions, bars, and maybe sports lounge areas in Wings... they could even advertise Kings Island as having the best sports bar in town! (Which would certainly bring in all of my dad's friends...)

Forgive me if Wings already has this setup, I've never been.

Advertising that one has the best sports bar in town does not make it the best sports bar in town. And many that frequent neighborhood sports bars would not necessarily want to visit an amusement park to attend their sports bar for several reasons, among which include the higher prices.

Forgive me for getting the Wings name wrong, kind of like mixing up Face/Off and Invertigo. Rivertown Junction always seems so dead when I'm over and around there, it's like I will occasionally see about ten people eating in there but never that many. Maybe because it is a little on the expensive side.