Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...except, except, except. Paint has more than one purpose. It is not just decorative. It is also preservative and preventative, protecting the metal thereunder from its mortal enemy, rust. Not painting Flight Deck may save nickels now, but cost far more than that in the future, if it is intended for the ride to survive for many decades into the future, as opposed to many months...or less.

Last time I saw Flight deck it was rusty, paint was also peeling off the supports. I really hope they paint it.

which now has me wandering about the stunt grill/slaughterhouse.

You know if you really think about this, it makes you wonder. Do you really want to eat at Stunt Crew Grill after the horrendous smell and all the live animals that were once in there? wacko.gif

Actually the animals were never in the restaurant, nor was the attraction, it just went through the patios and never into the location.

That's true, plus the animals were not at Slaughter House for very long. They were removed before the attraction ever opened to the public. The smell eventually dissipated, and was hardly evident by the end of Haunt. Plus with the tearing down of the walls where the animals were, there you go... no more smell! wink.gif

-Sam the Butcher

actually, didnt the attraction first enter thru the area where you pick-up the food?unsure.gif

Firehawk123, Vortex had it's running rails painted last season. they were really bright.

dont forget about the squeaking.wink.gif

I'm kinda sad that there won't be another Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend, but at the same time I'm really excited to see what other events are in store for us here at KIC.

I know I'm sad about no RWCW but an exclusive KIC day and a lot of ACE events to which I'm a member of so I'm happy about that.

You have questions. We have answers.

Submit your question in the box below.

Five burning questions will be extinguished each day at 5pm!

Q: Ray Osburn - Will the all you can drink bands return this year for season passholders.

A: Drink wristbands are not on the intiial list of Gold pass perks for 2010, but a lot of new perks have been added such as more discounts on meals at locations such as LaRosa's, Subway, Rivertown Junction, Backyard BBQ, Funnel Cake, Cinnabon and Breakfast with the Characters. Daily early rides on The Beast and Diamondback will begin April 30, along with select days for rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy and Boomerang Bay. There's also a 15 percent discount available for Gold passholders at Great Wolf Lodge.

---------------------------

The bolded statement looked like new news to me. Indicates that ERT for Diamondback and Beast will not be in effect on April 17th, 24th or 25th.

You have questions. We have answers.

Submit your question in the box below.

Five burning questions will be extinguished each day at 5pm!

Q: Ray Osburn - Will the all you can drink bands return this year for season passholders.

A: Drink wristbands are not on the intiial list of Gold pass perks for 2010, but a lot of new perks have been added such as more discounts on meals at locations such as LaRosa's, Subway, Rivertown Junction, Backyard BBQ, Funnel Cake, Cinnabon and Breakfast with the Characters. Daily early rides on The Beast and Diamondback will begin April 30, along with select days for rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy and Boomerang Bay. There's also a 15 percent discount available for Gold passholders at Great Wolf Lodge.

Q: Adam Woltermann - Will we find out if Son of Beast will open before or after April.

A: Adam, as we mentioned yesterday, no decision has been made concerning the ride.

Q: Kyle Joyce - Are there any plans for Action Theater in 2010 such as a new film since, obviously, SpongebBob 3D will not be shown anymore.

A: We've narrowed it down to a couple of options. We should know soon.

Q: Rain Blanken - Are there any special events planned for the 2010 season.

A: Let me check our website .... yep. Some of the scheduled events include JoyFest, Spirit Song, Boy Scout Camp-O-Ree, Run Kings Island (this is a race, not your opportunity to run the park), and a career day.

Q: Eric Skinner - When will some of the current rides be getting a touch up, such as Flight Deck. That ride REALLY needs a paint job and there are many many people who are curious when that will happen.

A: Some of the current rides will be getting a touch up this year, including all of the rides in Planet Snoopy, but Flight Deck is not of the list for a paint job this year. It goes in a rotation. You might have noticed that Vortex was painted last year. In time it will just not this year.

Seems like these answers have a lot of "filler" in them. Here is how I read them :)

A:No

Q: Adam Woltermann - Will we find out if Son of Beast will open before or after April.

A:No

Q: Kyle Joyce - Are there any plans for Action Theater in 2010 such as a new film since, obviously, SpongebBob 3D will not be shown anymore.

A:Maybe

Q: Rain Blanken - Are there any special events planned for the 2010 season.

A:(sarcastic) Yes

Q: Eric Skinner - When will some of the current rides be getting a touch up, such as Flight Deck. That ride REALLY needs a paint job and there are many many people who are curious when that will happen.

A:Flightdeck = No

For future reference, out of respect for the park's Facebook please refrain from just copying and pasting content. Supply a link instead.

Then the park also needs to put these on its website. It needs to remember that not everyone has, or wants, access to Facebook. And there could even be issues whether information released only on Facebook is "publicly disclosed" for certain purposes that are extremely important, especially at this particular time.

Finally, I cannot imagine anyone could credibly claim that posting here a single question and answer from the five could be anything other than "fair use."

Of course none of these issues apply if and only if the Facebook page linked to requires no log on or password to access...

Actually the animals were never in the restaurant, nor was the attraction, it just went through the patios and never into the location.

That's true, plus the animals were not at Slaughter House for very long. They were removed before the attraction ever opened to the public. The smell eventually dissipated, and was hardly evident by the end of Haunt. Plus with the tearing down of the walls where the animals were, there you go... no more smell! wink.gif

-Sam the Butcher

actually, didnt the attraction first enter thru the area where you pick-up the food?unsure.gif

The queue/register/counter area was not part of the attraction, nor was the kitchen. Only the outdoor covered areas as TOPGUN1993 illustrated.

The bolded statement looked like new news to me. Indicates that ERT for Diamondback and Beast will not be in effect on April 17th, 24th or 25th.

I'm glad I'm not the only to notice that...

I don't think this question was answered, but I asked if the new Pretzel shop was replacing an existing stand.

As speculated in this thread, it looks like it may replace I-Street BBQ.

Going by this picture, it did look pretty nice when it was bright yellow and called Scooby Doo http://kiextreme.com...album=52&pos=12

I don't remember it being like that when I was Scooby Doo. When did it originally get its blue paint?

If I remember correctly, it was first painted blue when it became Beastie. I could be wrong, that's many years to remember back!