I305 Review

A few points worth quoting but a must read!

Once the train negotiates the paralyzing first drop, it enters a sweeping, somewhat benign-looking right turn. Those familiar with Superman: Ride of Steel at nearby Six Flags America might think this 270-degree banked turn would be pretty similar to Superman's two helix elements, which are exciting but not earth-shattering. At 94 MPH, though, this turn is incredibly intense. Unless you happen to be an experienced fighter pilot, plan to experience a near-blackout/greyout sensation just before the train lifts up into the second 150-foot tall airtime hill. Let this be a warning to all who take on this ride, because this turn WILL be one of the most intense positive G experiences on a coaster you will find without somehow coaxing Six Flags Magic Mountain personnel to turn off the mid-course brakes on Goliath.

Intimidator 305 is a coaster that will be known for speed and intensity- perhaps more intensity than even the most seasoned coaster fan is accustomed to experiencing. As well, the high speed, head-jarring crossovers will catch many first-time riders by surprise. Hands-up may only be a mantra for repeat riders, and enthusiasts might find their ride experience enhanced by actually holding on to the hand bars!

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201004/1855/

Wow. So it sounds like those quick transitions may prove to produce some rider discomfort. It sounds like this is one intense ride. I`ve heard reports from people saying this ride is more intense than Millennium Force!

Hopefully, I can get out to Kings Dominion at some point this year to experience that ride. Kings Dominion is a great park, and its similarities to Kings Island are striking.

Sounds like a ride I want to try!

One thing I noticed - if you look at this photo from the article.

DSC_0550.jpg

It looks like the front decoration is not aligned with the train.

Whereas, the following photo (looks to be the same group, but I'm guessing earlier in the ride).

DSC_0544.jpg

The front looks to be positioned normally.

If it can do that to the train, I'm guessing it has to be intense - and I bet the POV from the camera taped there is probably a little shaky too.

He is not referring to the decals, he is referring to the actual front facia on the train. If you look at the first pic, you can very clearly see that the fiberglass front facia is not square with the train, its tilted to riders left (viewers right). Now, look at the second photo, and you can clearly see the facia IS aligned squarely with the train.

And the logical reason for that, is the front "nose cone" of the train is a separate piece from the first car. What I mean, is it looks like from the first picture that the nose cone is free to rotate independently of the car in which the front row riders sit. Take a look at this picture from theme park review:

29_9.jpg

You can clearly see that there is a gap between the nose cone and the front row.

For more images from Theme Park Review of the media event of Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion, click here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=877056#p877056

Well, yes it's a separate piece but do you really think it got knocked off-kilter? I mean, it obviously did looking at the picture... That's pretty forceful.

Also, I am saying a little "thank you" in my head that we have had another roller coaster successfully make it through its first two days without any goose incidents. I know that it's only happened once (?) but I'm just silently thankful each time that it doesn't happen a second time, ya know?

I believe that the front nose cone, as I stated before, can rotate. I do NOT think that it is loose or misaligned because of the ride. If you could see the track in front of the nose cone in that picture, you would likely see that the train is preparing to enter a gently banked curve, thus explaining the misaligned nose cone.

And that goose incident occurred on a B&M hyper at a park not far from Kings Dominion. And that too was on opening/media day for that said ride.

Oh, yes, entering a turn makes sense. Good thinking. Ahaha and yes, I'm aware of how close that goose incident was - further evidence that it's not only goose season, but goosey areas! So we're lucky no one met one at 92 mph....

Wow. So it sounds like those quick transitions may prove to produce some rider discomfort. It sounds like this is one intense ride. I`ve heard reports from people saying this ride is more intense than Millennium Force!

Hopefully, I can get out to Kings Dominion at some point this year to experience that ride. Kings Dominion is a great park, and its similarities to Kings Island are striking.

Wasn't that kind of obvious already?

Well, yes it's a separate piece but do you really think it got knocked off-kilter? I mean, it obviously did looking at the picture... That's pretty forceful.

Also, I am saying a little "thank you" in my head that we have had another roller coaster successfully make it through its first two days without any goose incidents. I know that it's only happened once (?) but I'm just silently thankful each time that it doesn't happen a second time, ya know?

It is the last turn into the final brake run. The track tilts to the left a little... :rolleyes:

Video of a guy freaking out on the ride ^

Also, you can see the woman in the second row black out for a moment during the helix after the first drop... That's the area that's been the "problem area." Not that it's a problem per se, but that's where everyone seems to be blacking out haha.

Im thinking his reaction to the ride was... not genuine. I suppose the real title on you tube should not be 'Grown Man Freaks Out on Intimidator 305... but perhaps, Grown man thinks he is funny, comes off as unamusing

All the pictures I have seen of this ride, and the Intimidator at Carowinds have one thing in common... big smiles from all the riders. To me, personally, a smile is worth more than anyones review, and since these two properties are in the business of making smiles appear, it appears they have two very large winners on their hands!

Hopefully this ride is a huge hit and can bring in guests to Kings Dominion. That is after all the reason that the multi-million dollar ride was installed. They expect to see a boost in attendance that will result in hopefully more revenues generated at the park this year. They do need to see a return on their investment.

Hopefully this ride is a huge hit and can bring in guests to Kings Dominion. That is after all the reason that the multi-million dollar ride was installed. They expect to see a boost in attendance that will result in hopefully more revenues generated at the park this year. They do need to see a return on their investment.

Considering the big KIC group that went to Carowinds last week, and the group that was at KD yesterday, I think they are off to a good start!

Except, how many of those that visited actually spent a good amount of money inside the park? I know my purchases at Carowinds last week were limited to the one meal I ate in the park on Saturday. $13 is too much for two slices of cheese pizza and a 20oz soft drink.

Except, how many of those that visited actually spent a good amount of money inside the park? I know my purchases at Carowinds last week were limited to the one meal I ate in the park on Saturday. $13 is too much for two slices of cheese pizza and a 20oz soft drink.

Very true. Hopefully the GP does just that!

I305 is the most intense coaster ive ever been on, line moves very fast rode 8 times yesterday! one of the trains broke at like 5ish so they had to switch to one train operation which hurt the line hopefully they have it fixed for today the park should be very crowded. Volcano, dominator, grizzly, fof, all had one train operating and fof wasnt working properly for the first half of the day.

$4 for a Coke from a machine.

$3.59 for 20 oz fountain Coke, $4.09 for 32.

$4.49 for a slice of pizza not even half the size of a single slice of LaRosa's at Kings Island last year.

$3.49 per 4 oz. of bulk candy (and cheating at that...actual charge shown on cash register receipt is $13.99 a pound...an overcharge of 3 cents a pound...which QUICKLY adds up for the park. Also no deduction for tare weight, so you pay $13.99 a pound for the bag!)

$9.59 for a hamburger with all of six french fries. Yes, six. Don't want the fries? It's still $9.69.

Panda Express Meals are $9.59. Drink NOT included.

Souvenir Cup Refills...$2.59.

All at Carowinds. No wonder so many people are leaving the park and/or eating in the parking lot these days.

And if they do, it won't just be per caps that decline, but admissions as well. Why go to a park that basically imprisons you? There are other choices. Then again, sometimes Carowinds won't even let you in, even though you paid nearly $150 for the privilege of entering ALL Cedar Fair parks.

I apparently missed the apostrophe*

*except Carowinds, if you have been the day before...sometimes.