Magic Seats

KIfan1980

In many topics, I hear people talk about the "seat" that turns a great ride into an incredible ride or a painful ride into a fun ride. The most obvious one being 5-1 on Vortex. So the question is what do you consider the "magic seat" on different coasters?

I'll list some of my opinions for KI, but feel free to add coasters outside of KI (as I'm going to CP in 10 days, I'm especially interested in opinions for there).

• Diamondback: Row 2 is my favorite, although I don't think there is a bad seat
  • Beast: 6-2, better in the back
  • Vortex: 5-1, the seat that made me a believer in magic seats
  • Racer: 1-2, can't explain why
  • Flight Deck: 1-1 or 7-1, depending upon the way I'm feeling that day

Edit: Sorry if something like this was posted already, but I couldn't find it via search

An interesting fact I learned from having friends working at the Point: on Wicked Twister, try rows 13 and 14 - in both rows on the final trip up the back spire, the seats twist such that Lake Erie is underneath you, upside down, continuing off into the distance. It's incredible.

As for Kings Island seats, does anyone else remember the "dangler seat" on Tomb Raider? Long gone, but I'm just saying. B)

At CP, I'd say front seat for most of the rides (I'm a front seat guy). But on Wicked Twister, my favorite row is, by far, the second to last. Obviously because you go up really high, but when you're at the top of the back spiral, you can look down. Plus the back row just looks straight into the second to back, because the cars have two rows.

A few weeks ago I rode 4-1 on Flight Deck and it was really smooth I recommend trying it :)

I almost always go to the back of the train on most rides, but 1-1 on Flight Deck is the best in my opinion. You get more swinging action in that car than any other!

I love front and back row on Diamondback, but any other seat is still fun.

Vortex 7-1 is still the best seat on the ride.

Any seat on Racer is smooth if it's the second row in the car.

Millennium Force is the same as Diamondback seat wise.

1-3 on Magnum is the rox.

Front Seat Raptor is full of win.

Back seat on Raven and Legend are the best seats.

Front seat on Voyage is the only seat I'll ride on that ride.

Any seat on Racer is smooth if it's the second row in the car.

Back seat on Raven and Legend are the best seats.

Front seat on Voyage is the only seat I'll ride on that ride.

I will only ride a middle seat on Racer and Beast.

I agree with your assessment on Raven and Legend.

Maybe the Timberlines will allow you to expand your seat range!

^something i've yet to understand, when riding Vortex, except in 5-1, there is extreme headbanging, yet on Delirium and the crypt, where your head barely moves, there is twice as much padding on the otsr as on Vortex.

huss, will you please design some restraints for Vortex? please? :huh:

Not if they also come with those shoehorns that fit between your legs, thank you very much...

Terpy, who often wishes those were not there, even though he understands why they are...

I'm with you on that one Terpy. I absolutely hate it when the restraints click down another notch on Delirium once they release the floor (not sure why that is).

Very back rows for both FoF at KI and Gemini at CP were two of my favorite coaster rides ever.

Much farther from home, but equally as fun, a 1-1 rides on Expedition Everest and Rock n' Roller Coaster turned me on to the wonderful world of theme park and roller coaster fandom.

I tend to prefer the second seat to the back on most coasters. I'm definitely a back seat rider, but with three bench trains and arrow coasters, I'll always go one seat up. Plus, I usually get just as good of a ride out of the second seat with less wait on the others. The only coaster that I prefer the front seat on is...oddly enough...Backlot Stunt Coaster. It has some surprise air in the front that you don't get from the back of the train.

Backlot Stunt Coaster.  It has some surprise air in the front that you don't get from the back of the train.

For whatever reason, it's literally about my favorite thing on Earth when you pull up into the helicopter scene in the front row. There's a burst of air right there if you're seated in the right place.

at :29

Backlot Stunt Coaster.  It has some surprise air in the front that you don't get from the back of the train.

For whatever reason, it's literally about my favorite thing on Earth when you pull up into the helicopter scene in the front row. There's a burst of air right there if you're seated in the right place.

at :29

The front seat really does provide the best effects at the helicopter scene, especially if your riding with someone who has no idea that the fire is going to happen. You also get a lot of air right before you go down into the subway, on that dip, as the sign so nicely points out.