KI 2011 Waterpark add on

mikejenkins1

I went to Boomerang Bay a few days ago and that place is seriously going downhill. Every slide needs a paint job badly, even buildings needed painted. There are some parts of the water park were there is absolutely no shade at all, than there are parts where it's cold because it's all shade and there are leaves and dirt all over the paths. On Sydney Sidewinder there were some parts of the slides that had dirt and leaves all over it and Crocodile Isle (I think thats its name) was filled with leaves and dirt. The water was freezing every where (at Splashin' Safari their water is 85º+). And all the employees looked like they were bored (we were some of the only people at the water park, and half the Lemon Chill (ect) stands weren't even open. Also one side of Sydney Sidewinder wasn't operating and either was Snowy River Rampage. I'm not a huge water park fan, but I do love going to them and I have to say that Boomerang Bay is probably the worst I've ever been to.

I usually go there for about 2 hours every trip. Very relaxing, but also very exciting. I think it would be nice to get a water coaster or something like Summit Plummet for 2011.

As someone who spent nearly my entire childhood in Disney (water)parks I would absolutely love to have a slide similar to Summit Plummet added to BB! Of course I'd also like BB's wave pool to be as turbulent as the one in Typhoon Lagoon, but sadly you don't always get what you want >.<

Updates never hurt anything :) One suggestion is add more smoking stations, ha! I knew that would ruffle some feathers...lol... I do not attend BB very often these days so to me it does nto matter but I can see those who do visit often want these things so I say give it to them.

A water coaster would be the perfect addition to Boomerang Bay. I'm sure my trip to Schlitterbahn in July will make me want one even more. Now if I can only talk Mrs. Gator into a trip west so I can ride Wildebeest... I better not, since I'm also trying to get a family trip to CP out of her! laugh.gif

don't get too hyped up about Master Blaster. Yeah it's big and all, but it's completely forceless. Water jets barely get you up the hills! Bu it's very long, so it's fun. We had two hours of ERT on MB and the Boogie Bahn..ride MB once, then went over to Boogie for the rest.

I just went to Boomerang Bay today. It does suck, but, it's better than nothing. The slides just aren't very original, and the hot concrete burned my feet. It really needs an update, and more trees (at least in the right side, because the area where Down Under Thunder is has a ton of trees).

I don't know how long I'd hold my breath - Water parks were a big deal for the KECO parks, and some were expertly upgraded with Paramount (I'd much much much rather have the colorful, orange and blue Australian theme - however vague - than the drab white and gray Waterworks). Cedar Fair hasn't really made any vast improvements at any of their water parks that I'm aware. The only rumors I've even heard were the unification of all the water parks under the Soak City banner (which I would dislike), or making many of the water parks extra admission (a la Cedar Point). I think Holiday World has really proven how incredible and worthwhile a simple water park can be, but it certainly wouldn't be the first valuable lesson from Holiday World that Mr. Kinzel has chosen to ignore...

As was said, we could definitely use a new ride. But also keep in mind we have a much, much grander park than Soak City or even most Waterworks. Though the rides may not all be brand spankin' new, they are still fun and unique. And even though it's light, the themeing is really top-notch for a seasonal water park that's included with admission to the attached amusement park. And PLEASE don't forget the offernings of Ohio's third Cedar Fair park, a standalone water park to which a one-day admission approaches $35.00... Goes to show that Boomerang Bay really is the largest and best waterpark in Ohio, and easily the best value of all three.

Even if Boomerang Bay doesn't get a new ride, as was stated it needs a general rehab - re-painting and an intense cleaning. However, first order of business - crack open the sidewalk anywhere where it's wide enough and slip in some little trees. I'm not asking for Disney-quality water features that spray the path to keep it clean, but some natural shade would be nice. I think Kings Island undersells Boomerang Bay. Yeah there's that horrendous "2 parks for the price of 1" logo stamped on the front of every brochure, but we have a truly unique waterpark! Great Wolf Lodge, The Beach, and Splashin' Safari are all pretty close, but as a Northeast Ohioan, trust me - Boomerang Bay alone is worth the price of a season pass.

A water coaster would be the perfect addition to Boomerang Bay. I'm sure my trip to Schlitterbahn in July will make me want one even more. Now if I can only talk Mrs. Gator into a trip west so I can ride Wildebeest... I better not, since I'm also trying to get a family trip to CP out of her! laugh.gif

don't get too hyped up about Master Blaster. Yeah it's big and all, but it's completely forceless. Water jets barely get you up the hills! Bu it's very long, so it's fun. We had two hours of ERT on MB and the Boogie Bahn..ride MB once, then went over to Boogie for the rest.

I'm looking forward to Master Blaster, but I'm more excited about Dragon's Revenge. I love themeing, and this will be my first themed water slide/coaster. Plus the fact that a lot of their attractions don't have a minimum height requirement (or if they do, my daughter meets most of them), so GatorGirl can do the water coasters with us. I won't let her do a large body slide or single-tube slide yet, but a double tube where we can ride with her, that's perfect!

I doubt CF would ever convert Boomerang Bay to its own park with separate admission, not only because it would be difficult to do (with the train and walking path), but also because they'd never be able to compete with The Beach at that point - The Beach is larger, has more attractions and a lot less concrete, among other things.

I'm really getting tired of the stupid concrete. It's really annoying walking from slide to slide at Boomerang Bay, because your feet end up getting cut up and burnt. At least had some more trees in the areas that need it, especially the area near Tasmanian Typhoon.

I'm really getting tired of the stupid concrete. It's really annoying walking from slide to slide at Boomerang Bay, because your feet end up getting cut up and burnt. At least had some more trees in the areas that need it, especially the area near Tasmanian Typhoon.

I think that was my biggest beef with the Boomerang Bay conversion. Quite frankly, I was incredibly disappointed with it. To me, the stand out section of the entire park is the OLD section with the body slides, family raft slide and such.....tucked away back in the trees. I've always loved that part of the park. The rest is meh. Concrete jungle, zero shade. GYK, you mention that you love the theming at Boomerang Bay? Did we visit the same park, because aside from some themed signage.....I don't get it? :-) I'm curious if you have visited any of the SF Hurricane Harbor parks? They tend to be smaller, but if you like theming....you'll find theming amongst those parks to be fairly well done for SF and still a notch above Boomerang Bay, IMHO. No one is expecting Boomerang Bay to meet the standards of a Disney water park (though I'll agree that a Typhoon-esq wave pool would be KILLER!!) but its time for it to receive some TLC. While it is seriously lacking a lot of the newer updated attractions found in a lot of other water parks, I'd much rather see a hefty investment to improve the overall look and feel of the place....it certainly lacks any type of personality for me.

- Todd

I doubt CF would ever convert Boomerang Bay to its own park with separate admission, not only because it would be difficult to do (with the train and walking path), but also because they'd never be able to compete with The Beach at that point - The Beach is larger, has more attractions and a lot less concrete, among other things.

no one thought Geuga Lake would be only a water park in less than 4 years either....