SonofBeast.com?

TylerRider

I think renewing pki.com would be sort of useless in a sense. 60% of those looking into a Kings Island trip probably don't have any clue about the visitkingsisland.com domain and just google it... Wouldn't you, rather than trying out domain after domain (after you find that kingsisland.com is not the site)?

Right, I know that. I'm just saying, they will likely renew the domain name and continue to redirect it to visitkingsisland.com but my point is, it's sort of superfluous since I doubt many people use either of the two - those who know the site know it as visitkingsisland and those who don't google it. Not many people just continue taking random stabs in the dark thinking "Oh maybe its the initials of the park when it was owned by Paramount" or "maybe you have to put visit in front of it." If they don't already know it, they google it. And if pki.com went to a "page not found" site, they'd google Kings Island and find it very easily.

Some of you assume that under the terms of the Paramount Parks acquisition, Cedar Fair and its successors and assigns have the right to renew, as opposed to continue to use until expiration, domain names including Paramount or p before the park name or acronym, which may not be the case...

You will note the park never, ever refers to itself as Paramount's anything, nor as PKI. Any remaining Paramount references are slowly disappearing. Would be interesting if the next owner of Kings Island had a corporate name starting with P and insisted on calling the place PKI. Note that in the last years, the park finally got comfortable with calling itself PKI, Kings Island and in using the Eiffel Tower logo. For the first years, Paramount was insistent on always spelling out Paramount's Kings Island, never ever calling the park just Kings Island and not using the old Eiffel Tower logo, nor the old Old English font that Kings Island had always used. Just as Paramount Parks was getting used to the park's heritage, they sold...

it's not that it's confusing, it's the way that they word it on radio and television commercials, instead of saying something like visit us online at visitkingsisland.com, they say go online at visitkingsisland.com, you'd be amazed at how many people hear "and" instead of "at."