Crowds

zombielovexoxo

Hello! Me and my family are planning a trip to Kings for Island for my birthday! ^_^

I wanted to know if the park will be very crowded on this day... Saturday May the 5th.

I know you can't see into the future or anything, I just wanted opinions. I hate long waits for rides >.<

Also, Kings Island often charges a lot for food and drinks. Do you know any cheap places to eat in the park? Or any other ideas for meals?

Help with these questions are very apppreciated!

Especially in May, you won't find too many issues with crowds. That will be the second day that the park is open, and I've never attended during that time so I can't say for sure what you'll experience. Others here probably have a better idea. Overall, though, Kings Island isn't a busy park. There are plenty of rides to absorb crowds. You'll undoubtedly find the longest waits at Firehawk and nearby Flight of Fear, with Invertigo also being a slow-loader. Your best bet is to ride them as early as possible.

If it's a more moderately-busy day, you'll also find a reasonable wait on Backlot Stunt Coaster. The Beast and Diamondback can collect lines when the park's busy, but both lines move very fast.

As far as food, you unfortunately won't find many proponents of eating in the park on here. The park is very publicly improving its food offerings for 2012, so there may well be a lot of good things to discover. In the past, the unfortunate best bet was to get a hand-stamp and drive to a nearby fast-food joint for lunch. If you're in need of a real, air-conditioned, unlimited-refill place for lunch, there's Big Boy nearby, too. It's a nice break from the park's hustle and bustle and better quality food for the price if the past is any indication.

Have a good trip!

Especially in May, you won't find too many issues with crowds. That will be the second day that the park is open, and I've never attended during that time so I can't say for sure what you'll experience. Others here probably have a better idea. Overall, though, Kings Island isn't a busy park. There are plenty of rides to absorb crowds. You'll undoubtedly find the longest waits at Firehawk and nearby Flight of Fear, with Invertigo also being a slow-loader. Your best bet is to ride them as early as possible.

If it's a more moderately-busy day, you'll also find a reasonable wait on Backlot Stunt Coaster. The Beast and Diamondback can collect lines when the park's busy, but both lines move very fast.

As far as food, you unfortunately won't find many proponents of eating in the park on here. The park is very publicly improving its food offerings for 2012, so there may well be a lot of good things to discover. In the past, the unfortunate best bet was to get a hand-stamp and drive to a nearby fast-food joint for lunch. If you're in need of a real, air-conditioned, unlimited-refill place for lunch, there's Big Boy nearby, too. It's a nice break from the park's hustle and bustle and better quality food for the price if the past is any indication.

Have a good trip!

Thank You! :D

Welcome to KIC! I hope you stick around!

That will be the second day that the park is open.

It will be the third day the park is open.. it is open May 4th also. Not that anyone is counting.

Well, obviously the two of you are counting (or miscounting, as the case may be).

First, welcome to KIC! For the crowds, it will depend. if it rains then the park will most likely be pretty dead but if the sun is shining and the temp is warm then my guess is that it will be fairly busy but nowhere near as bad if it were July. As for food, the cheapest way is to get your hands stamped and exit the park and go to a fast food place. However if you do not wish to leave the park and you are really hungry then stop by rivertown junction I think is the name of the place. It will be right beside Diamondback. It is an all-you-can-eat buffet style joint and has amazing food. It is a little pricy but it is good. although you could just pick up a full large pizza from Larose’s somewhere in the park if you don’t have too many people to feed and are looking for a small meal. If you go to this link http://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining then it will show you what types of food and treats Kings Island have to offer. Although it does not show any prices as prices may change throughout the season. Hope this helped a little bit and hope you stay around here on KIC.

OK, I too have a crowd question: how do you guys think crowds will be on Sunday, May 6th? I looked it up, and there are no "special events" like Math & Science Days or Music in The Parks, and the park closes at 8pm, which basically tells me park management doesn't expect crowds that day. I'm asking this because we are looking for a new day to go to KI and this and the 5th looked appealing, but this seems like it would be less crowded- but the downside would be no Beast night ride. So, if it isn't super-less crowded, we would probably still want to go on the 5th for the night ride...

Perhaps I should ask like this...(assumed weather: 70* F, sunny)

Your estimated Diamondback wait time , 5/5 (Saturday):

Your estimated Diamondback wait time , 5/6 (Sunday):

That would be a good crowd gauge, I assume...thanks for any info.

Hmm...well, if even major rides are only a 10 minute wait early on Sunday morning...that really helps. I'd still want to head straight to Firehawk and ride it first, just in case...

How bad would the post 1PM crowds be, in case we didn't end up getting everything in the AM for some reason (although if it is 10-minute waits, we'd probably be smart enough to get Firehawk, FOF, BLSC, Beast, and DB out of the way early). I'm guessing "worse than AM but still not horrible", like about 30 minutes for Beast...

^

I know...I visited the park on a Saturday during Haunt, and had fun in spite of numerous 1+ hour lines. Even waited 2 hours for a Beast night ride that was TOTALLY worth the wait...I was just curious how the Sunday crowds might be, to see if it would be worth missing out on a Beast night ride for shorter lines...

I have been to KI on Saturdays in May before, rain, shine, and even math & science days...so I know how crowds are then. (Fun Fact: On a math & science day at Kings Island in 2010, I rode more rides than I had ever ridden at KI before or since somehow, in spite of the crowds!)

Gold or Platinum season pass gets an HOUR of ERT before the park opens on selected ride(s), too.

Yes there is, Fall actually is the best time for that in my book, due to the early ride times for The Beast, which i have not seen during the summer

sunday would be less crouded all around. sundays always seem to be one of the less crouded days of the week. in the AM hours there arent that many people there and even in the PM hours of park operation there usually isnt too many more people coming in. if I had to choose between going on a Sat or a Sun I would choose Sunday.

Gold or Platinum season pass gets an HOUR of ERT before the park opens on selected ride(s), too.

Yes there is, Fall actually is the best time for that in my book, due to the early ride times for The Beast, which i have not seen during the summer

Last year there was ERT on The Beast every day there was ERT on Diamondback (barring down time and maintenance of course)

This year, what rides will be open for ERT remain to be seen, but KingsIslandPR has said they should be announced shortly.

The ERT rides are now on KI's website and it is nothing to complain about. One long list.

Edit: My bad most are PS rides. And no Beast that's ashame.

The rides are Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters On Boo Hill, Linus's Launchers, The Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown's wind up and Surf Dog.