Proper atire, please!

DragonLord

Okay, so I was reading an article today about how a state wants to ban low-slug pants:

"House Bill 1626, also known as the “Baggy Pants Bill†states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing.â€"

You can catch the link by clicking here.

Should PKI be more strict with it's dress code? Ocassionally we do ask guests (and even some employees who should know better) to pull up there pants... but should we actually ban it? We require shoes, shirts and shorts in the park at all times, but how low should they (the pants/shorts) go?

I personally don't like to see someone's butt hanging out, nor do I like to look at some guys underware all day long. IMO pants/shorts should be kept up around the waste and you need to wear a belt if they are too lose to stay up.

Thoughts?

Ban elsewhere? NO! As long as you can't see privates, it should be fine. Should PKI be strict? Yeah. I mean, we do require belts. The prevent the baggy pants from falling down. Just be strict about the belts, and we will be good to go.

to keep the image of the park up employees sepecially need to do this. we, the employees, can get sent to wardrobe if our supervisor or manager thinks that our pants are too low. just to let you all know that the park does try to make the employees keep their pants up.

as far as guests go i dont know that you can really enforce that, especially enforce it fairly. because i know that a lot of black people like to wear their pants down low, white people do it too. but i think that there may be a "profiling" law suit that the park may have to face if the guests think that they are being profiled.

i would like to see everyone with their pants for the most part up. i know i like to wear my pants a little low, but not so you can see my underwear, i dont think that anyone else would like to see it so i do everyone a favor.

Good for that state. I personally hate HATE seeing guys with their pants so far low that their @$$ is hanging out. Comeon people, a community is supposed to help raise kids (yes, old school thinking, but true non-the-less) and what are kids going to think when the community lets this happen?

Im also against people who let their kids grow up to government TV shows like Barney, Sesame Street, and the like. If you want to teach your kids, teach them by yourself, dont count on Uncle Sam teaching them for you.

Good for that state. I personally hate HATE seeing guys with their pants so far low that their @$$ is hanging out. Comeon people, a community is supposed to help raise kids (yes, old school thinking, but true non-the-less) and what are kids going to think when the community lets this happen?

Im also against people who let their kids grow up to government TV shows like Barney, Sesame Street, and the like. If you want to teach your kids, teach them by yourself, dont count on Uncle Sam teaching them for you.

Right on Tom!

I agree, I think that the low-pants thing is (at least) not wanted by me. I can't speak for you guys, but I know that most of my classmates do this very same thing, and it ticks me off. One of them actually did have part of her genitals showing. In my mind, this is improper and disgusting.

Im just kidding tongue.gif, however it would be hard to enforce anything major, what with people going back and forth from the water park all day long. I dont think they could make it so that you can wear just a bikini or no shirt in the water park and then enforce something in the hard park. Its hard enough to get guys to wear shirts on the ride and girls to wear shoes.

I agree, I think that the low-pants thing is (at least) not wanted by me. In my mind, this is improper and disgusting.

Amen there! Guys should keep their pants at the waist, and girls should cover themselves up!

It was nice before hand, now it's just gross. You're at an amusement park, not a street corner! dry.gif

~S~

Ban elsewhere? NO! As long as you can't see privates, it should be fine. Should PKI be strict? Yeah. I mean, we do require belts. The prevent the baggy pants from falling down. Just be strict about the belts, and we will be good to go.

If you think wearing your pants down is acceptable, maybe you should think about the history of such activity. The baggy pants hanging below your rear end, comes from prison/jail and it means you are "accepting" or "catching, if ya know what I mean. I don't see why anyone would want to project such an image. Also, if you think this is untrue, most cops and anyone that has ever worked at a jail recently can verify this. Enjoy running around, and being a catcher!!!! cool.gif

I personally don't like the look , but isn't it writen somewhere

THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE.

if someone wants to wear his pants low, so be it. you got to be brave to.

(looks like the ultament wedgee to me)

REMEMBER that freedom was paid for in blood by your arm forces.

show them some respect for the sacrafice they made and not take away someones freedom. to many idiot groups already trying to control everybodys life.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the way the girls wear their outfits, Shorts and skirts toooooooooo high and tops to low. I don't like seeing all those girls but.

I think that if they are going to ban pants being tooo low then they need to do the same for the girls that wear clothes that are tooo small for them.

I believe that in work you should look appropriate, but as soon as we are off the clock and out of work uniforms then we should be allowed to wear what we want how we want. The way we wear our clothes is considered freedom of expression, and they shouldn't be able to take that from us. ph34r.gif

watch out Here comes Beastdudes opinion.

I going to say your pants can hang down at most 3.5 inches below the stomach. If your pants are down so far that their is no need for having them then that should be considered exsposure and they should be kicked out of the park. Enough said.

One of my pet peeves is when people wear their pants that far down that they show their underwear.... and they are wearing a belt! Belts (as far as I know, anyway,) are made for keeping pants up, lol. Its disgusting cause I see it in school all the time, but the thing is is that none of the staff does anything about it, so they will continue wearing their pants like this. Hopefully one day it does go out of style though. biggrin.gif

I don't think it should be enforced very strongly. It's OK for an employee to ask someone to pull up their pants every once in awhile, but I don't think it should be as serious as to get any punishments.

I don't think it should be enforced very strongly. It's OK for an employee to ask someone to pull up their pants every once in awhile, but I don't think it should be as serious as to get any punishments.

Ever heard of giving a mouse a cookie?

If the staff lets that slide with their employees, eventually more and more things will be let go, seen as 'correct' instead of incorrect, and pretty soon the park image will become shot. Not good.

You learn through what you're told, experience, and also from what your upper management level / supervisor level doesn't correct.

Not a good practive to start IMHO. I know, I can be a strict supervisor on the Tower, but I really am a great friend too...

--Di

as far as guests go i dont know that you can really enforce that, especially enforce it fairly. because i know that a lot of black people like to wear their pants down low, white people do it too. but i think that there may be a "profiling" law suit that the park may have to face if the guests think that they are being profiled.

You bet there would be a law suit, any profile of a certain race is a problem. So who exactly is doing this profiling? because technically PKI can not do anything to enforce the "sagging rule" no one signs any sorta of document stating the rules or anything upon entering the park, so they really do not have the power to do it. The guests still reserve the right to sag in the park. Sp PKI might wantto watch it....

But as far as the whole sagging thing goes it is sorta unnerving to see people with their shorts and pants pulled way down to where they are walking like a duck with their knees bowed out to keep them up, pretty sad. I hope things change, and most of the people who sag do not know where the trend was even started....prison. Think about it... sad.gif

They guys should be well covered, the girls can show what ever they want in my opinion. Keep those tiny bikinis comin'. laugh.gif , LOL.

im in the same boat as nick..guys keep it covered girls can show whatever they want hehe