What has happened to our beloved Floral Clock?

KingsIsland1972

For many of us...the Kings Island Flora Clock has been a staple in our Lives & Photographs for many many years. It measured the growth of our Children from yearly visits to having a place to meet your party at a specific time. So...why hasn't the park decorated our most favorite clock?

7333275808_aed51e2d15_z.jpg

Clock Tower by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the clock, the living liberty bell, the Eiffel Tower topiary, and the other one or two that are escaping my mind right now, don't go up until later in the season.

I saw the Eiffel Tower topiary when I went yesterday by dodgem. I belive I also saw the living liberty bell, but I'm not as sure about that one. It does make me wonder what the reason for the empty clock is and if it means a new flat is going there. Even though I'd hate to see the floral clock go, a screamin' swing would be fun in that area.

Edited by diamondhawk

Why would they need to put a new flat directly on top of the floral clock? couldn't they put it behind it, or to the side. There is a lot of empty land around it left over from when it was the antique cars.

I usually visit during this week (at least for the last 5 or 6 years), and it's always been up and running. It may seem silly, but I'm really not going to be happy if, for some reason, it's traditional operation is not in Kings Island's future plans.

Went today, (Yesterday actually.) and the floral clock actually had hands on it today. Past few times I've been it looked like it does in the above pic. So perhaps they're gradually beginning to piece it together? And the Eiffel Tower Topiary with the date on it is in full bloom! Pretty sure I saw the Liberty Bell too, but might be mistaken...

• Like 1

Not to argue, but if Luminosity goes well at Cedar Point, won't that replace Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular and sort of free up some space? It just seems like something is going on, but I've been wrong about thing like that before. ;)

Starlight Spectacular was worked on by a lot of people... night and day. Now it looks trashed. A lot of it doesn't work. It also doesn't really sync with the music. If they want to do a Luminosity-style thing, I hope they are able to upkeep it.

Funny thing is....Since coming this year to Ki, I've logged in I think 6 Visits, and not once have I seen the Starlight Spectacular because I'm always in line getting my Night Ride on The Beast On to close out the park. So, my concern is that when walking back through the park to the front gate from The Beast, I've noticed that while some music is playing and the Tower is lit up, only a handful of lights are on but what they do have on is pitiful. I know they are directing us to leave and are trying to indicate to the park guests the park is closed. No problem there. But, if anyone has seen the giant stars that are on, half don't work, only an handful of trees are lit, some strands are out, and so forth. It's lost it's original lusture. I have no more desire to skip a Beast Ride just to walk through that area if what they do have on looks like that. IMO. (I'm a hard core xmas light fanatic. I give Chevy Chase a run for his money for lights on the house during the holiday. So, I know how hard it is to keep every light on. But, I think more needs to be done on the upkeep) It would be nice just to have a private lane where people could just walk down with their children and families, get an ice cream or popcorn if they want and look at all the lights rather than behind the tower.

i noticed that too yesterday at close time i walked by starlight thing with my daughter and the music was on and tower was lit but that whole area from what i could tell(i saw it walking to tower from coney mall) nothing i could see was lit at all in that area. if its broken they need a refund as its only a year old

Funny thing is....Since coming this year to Ki, I've logged in I think 6 Visits, and not once have I seen the Starlight Spectacular because I'm always in line getting my Night Ride on The Beast On to close out the park. So, my concern is that when walking back through the park to the front gate from The Beast, I've noticed that while some music is playing and the Tower is lit up, only a handful of lights are on but what they do have on is pitiful. I know they are directing us to leave and are trying to indicate to the park guests the park is closed. No problem there. But, if anyone has seen the giant stars that are on, half don't work, only an handful of trees are lit, some strands are out, and so forth. It's lost it's original lusture. I have no more desire to skip a Beast Ride just to walk through that area if what they do have on looks like that. IMO. (I'm a hard core xmas light fanatic. I give Chevy Chase a run for his money for lights on the house during the holiday. So, I know how hard it is to keep every light on. But, I think more needs to be done on the upkeep) It would be nice just to have a private lane where people could just walk down with their children and families, get an ice cream or popcorn if they want and look at all the lights rather than behind the tower.

I haven't figured out what the Starlite Spectacular is even supposed to be. Is it like walking through a Christmas light display? One night we went through there on our way out and saw employees standing around, but as far as I could tell, the music was the same as throughout the park during the rest of the day. Is there something that should be happening there? I just don't get it.