Building an area at Kings Island

Dalefan

Ok. Lets see who has the best ideas here. If you were picked to build an area at Kings Island and you were told by Kings Island that you had to tear down SOB to do it, what kind of theme would you go with? What kind of food, rides and bathrooms would you go with as well? This is just an idea that i came up with. Be interesting to see what ideas we have.

I would go with some sort of extension of Oktoberfest, with a assortment of rides.

Rides:

Black Forest's Phantom: a wooden rollercoaster that goes into the heart of the forest, with pines and caves to go near and at times through.

Der Kegs: a flat ride, with "kegs" spinning by hand pushing

Alpine Blitzkrieg: a alpine slide, on a "mountain" filled with snowy caves, and lush rivers flowing down the alps.

Restaurants:

Hofbrauhaus: German cuisine, festive music, & bier garten seating available.

Red Riding hoods goodies: a pretzel shop

Stores:

Berlin's market: German themed goods, clothing, gifts, and toys!

• Like 5

The back porch of Hank's has been named to the Bier Garden, or something like that. I am very happy to see that.

To me, this is kind of a hard thing to think about; Kings Island is not a theme park so adding an area themed to the future, wild west, or something like Disney, would seem out of place. So, I can't really think of anything!

ich sperchen German. ( toke German 1 into German 2 next year) i would love to see some German theming!have that area of the park ran by somebody who lived in Germany for most of thier life and when Germany is having a festival (which is like all the time) we could have a festival at the same time with a simular setup. Karnevail is a very big festival in Germany and have seen YouTube video's and seems like a lot of fun one of the songs they sing is fliegerlied. Germans know how to have fun and know what a good time is!

• Like 1

Hank's used to be the Bier Gardens when the park was first built. They had a German themed brass band that entertained the guests and all workers wore German themed uniforms.

On our last trip to KI, I ate at Hank's for the first time. Of all the great things Cedar Fair has done to clean up the park - including the new food options - this is the one thing in the park that was truly puzzling to me. I know it's been mentioned on the forums before, but... a southern coastal themed building serving Mexican food in the German-inspired Oktoberfest area? What happened there?

Hank's used to be the Bier Gardens when the park was first built. They had a German themed brass band that entertained the guests and all workers wore German themed uniforms.

On our last trip to KI, I ate at Hank's for the first time. Of all the great things Cedar Fair has done to clean up the park - including the new food options - this is the one thing in the park that was truly puzzling to me. I know it's been mentioned on the forums before, but... a southern coastal themed building serving Mexican food in the German-inspired Oktoberfest area? What happened there?

Or the Festhaus, a German themed building in a German themed area with an American pizza place and chinese food, where they play country music.

• Like 2

But the idea of purposefully abandoning theme in favor of generic amusement park atmosphere is the problem many of us had with Boomerang Bay becoming Soak City. The switch makes sense from a branding point of view in that particular example, but if you'd suggest doing the same thing to the theme park side, the question would have to be asked: why consciously, purposefully de-brand? Why intentionally remove props and facades just to make the place more generic?

In other words, stop calling it "Oktoberfest" if you must and stop labeling it as that on the map if you think it would "help," but should we change the Festhaus' facade to a "soundstage" look like the Action Zone side? What reason is there to consciously remove the themed elements that are left in favor of a generic replacement?

Theme doesn't have to be the company's specialty, but that doesn't mean it should be actively campaigned against.

• Like 3

odds of becoming an amusement park are becoming less becuase the new CEO does everything except make amusemnt parks, i think and hope KI will trasnform into more of a theme park. people love to go to theme parks more than amusement parks. ex. Diseny and uinversal are very busy bush gardens not as much. the total amount of people KI has in thier park for one year is bout half of a quater of what uinversal has and even less for Diseny World. if they just stuck parmount back on the sign they would problay have 2x the amount of people.

I doubt the general public would care whether or not the park was owned Paramount or not. And Disney + Universal are open all year round, so they're going to have a larger attendance. Plus Cedar Fair is not a theme park company, neither was Paramount. So comparing Kings Island to Busch, Disney, and Universal is like comparing apples to oranges.

And generalizing all teens as bad is hypocritical. I've seen adults that are way more immature than teens.

yes i do know about every year attandce goes up at CF/KI but it also does at Uinversal (unsure about Diseny i would believe it does).

@ The crypt i am a teen myself, i understand what you are saying i am a well behaved teen at the park(s) too. you can go to Uinversal and Diseny and not see as many teens. it seems like teens try and pick fights at ki though or try to cause troble more than anybody else.

@Titan, i never stated that all teens are bad, but a lot of people seem at ease and more happy when not around teens.

Here's a far fetched idea. If we must remove SOB but could leave portions of it partially destroyed the area could be a Disaster Zone. Move Delirium to where it appears to have busted into a portion of the ride. Add a Skyrush like coaster weaving in and out of the debris. Add a woody that would run along parts of SOB to where it appeared that you were about to go on some of the broken parts of SOB. A few flats should be added as well but not sure as to what those should be in current thought. Have this new area tie into X-Base, the theme could be a tie into it and Dinosaurs Alive. The military base is trying to rescue those from the Disaster Zone while keeping out the Dino's (thinking Terra-Nova here). In the added Action Zone area add a Luminosity-ish show.

• Like 2

How "aboot" a Canadian-themed area, eh? With a 1/3 replica of the CN Tower (which would still dwarf everything in the park) :lol:

I'm for a retro-park, a "land of the lost rides," with Tumblebug, Spinning Keggers, Zodiac, Flyers and King Cobra, but done up in post-apocalyptic, steampunk rust-and-overgrown plants... or something like that; with creepy Elfman-esque carnival music... or not...

How "aboot" a Canadian-themed area, eh? With a 1/3 replica of the CN Tower (which would still dwarf everything in the park) :lol:

I'm for a retro-park, a "land of the lost rides," with Tumblebug, Spinning Keggers, Zodiac, Flyers and King Cobra, but done up in post-apocalyptic, steampunk rust-and-overgrown plants... or something like that; with creepy Elfman-esque carnival music... or not...

That actually sounds like a better haunt than an area of the park!