Announcement date?!

Dan4646

I really hate to start a new topic for this but.. Does Kings Island usually have like a certain time they announce there up coming ride for the next season? Or are there any rumors out there about it?

Again I'm sorry for starting this on a new topic:/

Announcements are normally done around the end of august. Hint's torwards something new should of already started (if something big) but so far i have heard none. either we won't get anything new, ride improvements, fixing a "ride", or a small new ride for SC or KI side. KI could even surprise us with something unexpected!

I also can't wait to see what rides he rolls out and how he does so! What ride was the last ride that was put in when Dick was still in charge?

Again, late August, early September are the usual dates of an "big announcement". Rumors about the mysterious announcement of a ride/area (Like Son of Beast decisions and etc [0-SOB in 15 posts or less]) flourish when the announce date is announced. Also dont be shy to post about this topic, its a legitimate question that I know many speculate on, like myself.

In all honesty, it's really up in the air when it comes to an announcement date for any given new attraction. Sometimes, it'll be in the middle of Summer, and either work will already be underway (Diamondback) or before ground work even begins (Italian Job), sometimes even if clearing doesn't start until after the season has ended (WindSeeker). Other times it's in the Fall after Labor Day Weekend (Nick Universe). On an occasion or two, an announcement will be made a mere two or three months before the park even opens (Firehawk and Dinosaurs Alive!). And yet still, the heads-up for the announcement is hard to track. They may give a good month or two in advance to say they're announcing something, or you may instead find out what's coming the following season as early as next week.

Situations like these are like summer rains...you can never predict them.

The big whigs will send a memo to the dipping dot guys and inform all the suits to start to talking to guests that come up them asking questions about new rides or what is up with SOB. They are informed to join groups like KIC and start message threads about what they heard conversations that suits were saying to each other. But the park will announce any new plans when they are ready and with a major ride might be in the fall, especially if they start clearing before the park closes and within view of the guests. But what ever new ride they do decide to build, you can expect similar threads after about 2 to 3 years asking, " When is Kings Island going to build a new roller coaster."

The big whigs will send a memo to the dipping dot guys and inform all the suits to start to talking to guests that come up them asking questions about new rides or what is up with SOB. They are informed to join groups like KIC and start message threads about what they heard conversations that suits were saying to each other.

I see what you did there. Good one.

Also, don't let the current anticipated line-up of large attractions for next year give you any glimpse into Mr. Ouimet's future plans for the parks. Likely all large attractions slated to open for next season are the final orders of the Carowinds GM's daddy. It does take some time to do all the planning, whether it be conceptually, physically, or financially. Sure the new leader may have put into place some new attractions and improvements, but it's going to be a little while longer before we are really able to wet our feet with the new boss's plans.

I for one, cannot wait for what's in store. There are more to parks than just big steel coasters don' cha know.

• Like 1