Carowinds Windseeker Malfunction

Did they get to use the shiny new evacuation system?

Probably not as it wasn't mentioned in the article. I'm pretty sure the evac system if only used if the park cannot bring the carriage back down within a set time frame; I wouldn't be surprised if it would only be used in situations like Knott's were riders are stranded for 3 hours. Afterall, I believe it does take some time to get the evac system to the ride. I know at Canada's Wonderland, the evac platform is stored about 100-200 meters away from the ride, six employees have to push the giant platform to the ride, pull it around the tower, and then go up.

Well at least when 1 goes down it causes a systematic check of the same sensor banks on all of the sister rides. I would really hate to hear the risk management people at Sandusky when these things happen. Or what they say to Rob Decker about buying them.

Knott's is still SBNO, which I still don't get. They were the 1st to get the rescue system, 1st to test it. But still have not re-opened the ride to the public. I can't see why Cal-Osha or who ever has a hold on it, hasn't been satisfied.

I still love the ride.. I ALWAYS make sure to use the restroom before I get on.. Just in case!

According to this article, all WindSeeker's are closed. The article was updated 50 minutes ago so I wonder if the KI model is still operating even though it was open in the morning...any word from people at the park?

Looking at the webcam, I just saw it cycle with passengers.

Here is what I see in the future: Knott's is going to reopen WindSeeker. Within a few weeks the ride is going to stop again. The safety board (or whoever originally shut down the Knott's model) is going to shut the ride down again. Knott's will then make the decision to remove WindSeeker. The WindSeeker's at the other parks will likely remain in operation until some sort of decision is made by Cedar Fair officials.

Here is what I see in the future: Knott's is going to reopen WindSeeker. Within a few weeks the ride is going to stop again. The safety board (or whoever originally shut down the Knott's model) is going to shut the ride down again. Knott's will then make the decision to remove WindSeeker. The WindSeeker's at the other parks will likely remain in operation until some sort of decision is made by Cedar Fair officials.

I disagree. I think if the decision is made to remove WindSeeker, all six will be removed at once. That's the only scenario that makes sense to me since the order would probably come from Cedar Fair offices in Sandusky, not an internal decision at Knott's.

• Like 1

As much as I do enjoy the light show and overall ride experience of WindSeeker, I'm beginning to think they really should just be removed. I've always disliked the location of KI's anyway. Right in the middle of the midway, creating such a bottleneck. Especially during Haunt (RIP pre-2011 Urgent Scare). I would love if a Starflyer could be put in between The Racer's turnarounds.