Beast & Kings Island featured tonight on Travel Channel

Guest KingsIslandPR

Guest KingsIslandPR

The Beast roller coaster and Kings Island will be featured tonight at 9:00pm on the Travel Channel’s “Insane Coaster Wars” series in the “Splintering Speedsters” category.

The Vortex (“Wrong Way Up”) and Diamondback (“Extreme Heights”) will be featured on the Travel Channel series July 22 and July 29, respectively.

A production crew from the Travel Channel spent three days at Kings Island in May filming for the episodes.

• Like 13

It will be great to see KI on TV! Hopefully The Beast wins.

I think The Beast has a chance because it is a pretty well known woodie.

Saddly I dought Diamondback will win it category because it against Kingda Ka & Millennium Force two of the most known coasters.

Still keep your finger crossed.

As hard (nearly impossible) as it is to honestly compare two coasters, due to the different things each coaster is designed to accomplish, I feel that Voyage does what its supposed to do better than The Beast does what its supposed to do. Beast is cool, Voyage is cool, but IMHO Voyage is a "better" coaster due to what I like in a coaster.

• Like 1

The Beast will be the best wooden coaster on the episode in my opinion. But what whould have been cool to see on the show is Son of Beast. I'm sure a lot of you disagree but I think it would be cool to have SOB on there and show old clips and photos of it. I mean come on, Operating or not, Son of Beast is still the Tallest, Fastest wooden roller coaster in the world.

Operating or not, Son of Beast is still the Tallest, Fastest wooden roller coaster in the world.

Really? It's time to move on - a coaster that hasnt operated in years and is unlikely to operate again (IMO) is hardly worthy of laying claim to any records.

• Like 3

I could see Son of Beast appearing on a Travel Channel special again...but only AFTER a decision is made with it. Heck, given the history of the ride, you could probably dedicate a whole half hour show to it...example...let's say SOB is demolished...

TV Announcer: "Tonight at 8PM on the travel channel...it was supposed to be the ultimate wooden coaster, a ride that would build upon a legend established by its father. It was to be taller, faster, and be the only wooden coaster to ever have a loop. But, somewhere along the way, something went horribly wrong, and the ride was doomed before it ever even opened. Our research team interviews those who designed, built, maintained, and rode the ride through the course of its existence...and what finally did the gigantic wooden coaster in. The Rise and Fall of: Son of Beast! Tonight at 8..."

I would actually watch that, too...or, if Son of Beast is overhauled, re-opens, and is somehow successful the special would be: The Rise, Fall, and Return of Son of Beast...which I would probably also watch.

As for its papa, The Original Beast, best of luck in tonight's show...tragically, it's going up against The Voyage, and while I perfer Beast to Holiday World's massive wooden coaster, in most polls, Voyage pwns all...because so many polls are biased towards it because of how good the rest of the park around it is (I did also greatly enjoy The Voyage as well, as it is my #2 favorite ride after Beast). El Toro is also not one to mess with, even though I have never been on that one, it did win the 2011 Mitch Hawker Wood Coaster poll (a poll that actually does have some credibility)...and then you have Thunderhead (nope, haven't ridden it yet either), possibly GCI's greatest coaster ever, with its insane speed and twists and turns. To be honest, I feel the wood coaster battle could be the best on this show...then again, we saw a freaking Deja Vu clone win an earlier round, so perhaps Beast has a chance!

I was actually going to take time to watch the show, this would be the first time I have sat down in front on the TV in two years (ever since LOST ended). Apparently Time Warner Cable got rid of the Travel Channel for Basic Cable and made it a Digital Only Channel. Oh well, I wonder if they have it playing in the Festhaus right now? :rolleyes: