Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

They must be close friends & all had to experience it:

My friends and I STEPPED in REAL POOP while waiting for the Maverick. I called to complain, and they send me a very condescending letter and skirted the issue entirely and instead focused on the lines. STEPPING IN POOP IS A HEALTH HAZARD!

While it is rather nasty, I'm not sure it would be classified as a "Health Hazard".

That is, unless you eat off the bottom of your shoe......

A gem from the KD page:

I went to Kings Dominion today and worked my way to where the Treasure Cave (Yogi's Cave when I was a kid) used to be, but now it's closed. It was a tradition of mine to walk through that cave every year for the last 35+ years. I brought my kids through last year, as my parents did with me. Please find a way to open it back up for future generations, and for older people like me who think back fondly on their many years of visiting Kings Dominion.

Not bad, but the first comment?

Obama promised change he just didn't say where!!
  • Like 5

^^ Just saw this comment myself.

I never thought to pay attention at the race of everyone in the pic. They all looked to be having a good time.

Unfortunately, this guest was more concerned about making a non-issue an issue than having a good time with his family.

In other news: You can lead a horse to water.....

What????? Always get at Soak City around 10 am just.to find out that today they do not open till noon and 11 for season pass holders, thanks for the info, alot of unhappy people here, did I miss a post on fb or something?

These people are nuts:

Hi... I would have bought 2013 season passes this year but because of that silly rule of only letting us in ONCE during the Halloween Haunt and NOT for any other time for the rest of 2012, the 5 passes that I was going to buy for my band WILL NOT be purchased. I know that a new corporate guidelines sheet must have come in to play with the new parent company... But this was a HORRIBLE call and will leave you 5 passes shorter this year.
Well...I thought my day was going to be spent at KI since season passes go on sale today. But sadly, you have changed the policy and even if we bought our passes today, we couldn't use them! I grew up going to KI when it was locally owned, then enjoyed the Paramount owned year. But it looks like I won't be enjoying the park now. Why did you change this policy? It seems to me you will be loosing a lot of money that could have been spent in the park for the remainder of this year. I'm so bummed!

If these people would have taken advantage of this promotion last year, wouldn't they already have 2012 season passes?

• Like 3

I think the point Diamondback96 was trying to make is that some huge company always ran Kings Island. Yes, Taft ran Kings Island and was based in Cincinnati, but they still ran other parks across North America.

Another example: Paramount's headquarters were in Charlotte, but Paramount ran 4 other parks, too.

There was one management under Taft, but Taft did not own all of Canada's Wonderland, nor did KECO. Paramount acquired the outstanding ownership. None of this even takes Australia in to account.

The point of all this is that Kings Island was indeed a LOCAL park owned by a LOCAL, loved company. And Paramount Parks was originally headquartered in Cincinnati. Then, the headquarters, the company's focus, and its leadership moved to Charlotte.

Sometimes what appears to be a silly comment on FaceBook isn't. Right down to the Paramount year.

I don't care for your new commercial that is on the radio. The part where the kid says something like "The swinging ship" and the "reporter" says: "The swinging sh...oh ship" REALLY?? I wouldn't think one that was advertising for family fun would need that in a commercial. In fact that, along with a few other things this summer, is starting to make me think about 2013 passes for my family.

:o

He said SHIP!? Your children must be scarred for life now.

• Like 1

NThis post could not stress enough on how much this post by Son had no utter relevance go this conversation. Anyways "Can I make asuggesdtion for a new ride?" ... "Starship 8000" (all real spelling for most enjoyment)

• Like 1

On the post about Planet Snoopy winning the Golden Ticket...

U guys r a good park but compared to Cedar Point nothing else is better they make a new coaster every couple years it seams like forever with u guys but it is close to my house so that is an upside to it and very resonable prices fastpass r a little expensive

"Make a new coaster every years" - you mean from 2007-2013 is a couple of years?

Now this is nitpicking...."and very reasonable prices fastpass r a little expensive" - why can't people type in full words, and use commas, dashes, or semicolons? It gets on my nerves...

• Like 4