Diamondback featured tonight on the Travel Channel

Guest KingsIslandPR

Guest KingsIslandPR

Kings Island's Diamondback roller coaster will be featured tonight on the Travel Channel's "Insane Coaster Wars" series in the "Extreme Heights" category.

Two other great Cedar Fair roller coasters, Intimidator at Carowinds and Millennium Force at Cedar Point, will also be featured in tonight's episode.

• Like 8

Preface for the KI fanboys: I like DB but again I think logically...

I'm still scratching my head on how DB got in this category... I guess the travel channel didn't want to "travel" to TOO many parks and just filmed at the minimum amount of parks to get the footage they needed for their shows.

Preface for the KI fanboys: I like DB but again I think logically...

I'm still scratching my head on how DB got in this category... I guess the travel channel didn't want to "travel" to TOO many parks and just filmed at the minimum amount of parks to get the footage they needed for their shows.

Intimidator and DB are similar besides the scenery (DB wins that one!). MF is in a whole other category though!

I liked Intimidator more than Diamondback. Its layout (while still boring and unimaginative) was a bit more interesting than Diamondback's. Never ridden either of the other two.

Though I will add, when I want to go fast without venturing too far from home, Diamondback IS the best way to get that fix. There used to be some other way to go nearly 80 mph at Kings Island, but that is nothing more than not-so-ancient history these days.

Out of the four, of which I've ridden 2 and TTD which is comparable to KK, MF is my pick to win. Regardless of the hate for it, still my favorite rollercoaster, even when getting pelted by bugs at 92 mph!

There's hate for MF? I love it, and it has won the top coaster for awhile now...

Out of the four, of which I've ridden 2 and TTD which is comparable to KK, MF is my pick to win. Regardless of the hate for it, still my favorite rollercoaster, even when getting pelted by bugs at 92 mph!

There's hate for MF? I love it, and it has won the top coaster for awhile now...

Lots of enthusiasts cite that the first drop is top 10, but the rest of the ride is boring. This could be a small group of people mainly located on TPR, but overrated is thrown around a lot for the ride.

• Like 1

Lots of enthusiasts cite that the first drop is top 10, but the rest of the ride is boring. This could be a small group of people mainly located on TPR, but overrated is thrown around a lot for the ride.

The first drop is awesome, as well as the constant speed and the amazing little hill before the overbanked curve into the brake run. One thing I think is overrated about it is the airtime - there was none when I went on it besides the little hill I talked about.

I definitely wouldn't call it overrated.