Kings Island 8-22

CoasterOhio

I headed to Kings Island as a very late on announcement o 8-22. Once again not much to chat about other then one thing but I'll still post all the rides.

In order from when we rode it

Invertigo

Flight Deck

Delirium

Viking fury

Adventure Express

Flight of Fear

WindSeeker

Backlot Stunt Coaster

The Beast

Diamondback

What was really kind of stunning was the fact that Diamondback was closed when we got there. I wonder what exactly was going on with it. they grabbed a tester there to test the ride out. Anyone know about this?

Only 4 rides ran before the park closed the coaster. Green train was the last train. Lucky them.

Other than that. Had fun. 5th Fifth visit to Kings Island this month. Yes

• Like 1

I have no idea what is happening with Diamondback. It's had a lot of small "technical difficulties" since the beginning of this month / late last month. The reasons have not been disclosed, but I have gone twice within last week and every time I was in line, it went down.

Why doesn't the park disclose why rides are closed?

It only angers the customers. When you are in line for a coaster and it suddenly breaks down, wouldn't you want to know why? Saying you have gastro-intestinal problems is a lot more personal than is "Diamondback is down for X reason(s)."

I don't see how giving the guests in line the reason a ride is down is forbidden. Although, I do see how the park may not know about it at the time.

It only angers the customers. When you are in line for a coaster and it suddenly breaks down, wouldn't you want to know why? Saying you have gastro-intestinal problems is a lot more personal than is "Diamondback is down for X reason(s)."

I don't see how giving the guests in line the reason a ride is down is forbidden. Although, I do see how the park may not know about it at the time.

As Terpy said, a guest could misinterpret this:

"I'm sorry, one of the restraints seems to be malfunctioning and we can't send the train out until it's fixed." As:

"One of the restraints malfunctioned during the ride and a person fell out."

It is surprising what some will believe about a ride. I heard from multiple people in my school that one of WindSeeker's seats flew off into the parking lot, and that The Crypt was closed because the gondola fell off. Some information doesn't belong in the hands of the GP.

But what if the reason is the lift chain will not run, or the trim brake won't close (on Diamondback)? Will the park be afraid of responses?

The train stopped on the lift and when the people were evacuated someone fell off and died. The brakes failed and a train came flying into the station colliding with another train and injuring 30 people.

No matter what the park says someone will twist it around into their own story.

• Like 2

Alright. I say Diamondback was down and Wodnering why. Shouldn't this conversation get it's OWN conversation not sit inside a Trip Report?

And Frankly while we are on the topic of Diamondback. The ONLY real report about Diamondback and why it wasn't working was the first month it was open and the break system didn't work correctly causing it to stop during the Mid-ride Breaks (Witch is the part where it turns up and comes into some breaks mid way through the ride just incase you didn't understand me)

But what if the reason is the lift chain will not run, or the trim brake won't close (on Diamondback)? Will the park be afraid of responses?

The train stopped on the lift and when the people were evacuated someone fell off and died. The brakes failed and a train came flying into the station colliding with another train and injuring 30 people.

No matter what the park says someone will twist it around into their own story.

....after all, that's why they got rid of The Bat - some people were killed on it!

Did they ever capture the Boogie Man that scares the crap out of you when you ride The Beast at night?