Maintenance areas

SonofBaconator

They are access roads in the back areas of the park. When I worked in maintenance back in 74, we used them to go to the back area of the Lion Country to construct the mono-rail and rehab the sheds for the animals. They are used for maintenance and there used to be a water treatment plant in the back area that served the park.

• Like 1

They are access roads in the back areas of the park. When I worked in maintenance back in 74, we used them to go to the back area of the Lion Country to construct the mono-rail and rehab the sheds for the animals. They are used for maintenance and there used to be a water treatment plant in the back area that served the park.

Thanks for that explanation, KI-ORIG-EMP. I've seen that gravel road (meaning the one jdawg mentioned, there behind Great Wolf and running parallel to Kings High School) many times, but I've never gone down it for fear that I'd end up trespassing and getting in trouble with the park. I know it used to be part of the campgrounds, too, but I never knew it had to do with Lion County Safari--I didn't think it went back that far. LCS must have been huge.

I go down that road all the time it just ends at some gates.. There are green houses back there and a great look at sob and flight deck. Now when you first turn on that road there is a path more then a road on the left that I have not yet been down but I'm sure when I see some action on sob I will head down there.

The road that is behind the GWL is Kings Island property and if you go beyond where Columbia Road ends, you are trespassing. The road you are talking about is the old Columbia Road and there are other maintenance roads through out the back area of the park that allows access to all the rides and the rest of the property. They are all private property and unless you are employees of Kings Island authorized to access them or contractors, you are not permitted on them.

• Like 3

No not an employee. I guess I'm trespassing. I don't go past the closed gate just back to it. There are no signs saying "no trespassing" until you get to the gate. And I don't see any along the woods to the left as you drive down the road. I wouldn't hop the fence or go beyond any reasonable boundary.