angry guests

Sonofbeast2.0

In BGT, Cheetah Hunt broke down as soon as we were about to launch. When my mom noticed we weren't launched after a few minutes, she started to freak out. They had to bust out the difibulator as my mom demanded that we got off. Us and everyone else on the ride got a free fast line pass for only one ride. My step dad and I rode cheetah hunt 3 hours later with those passes.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem would be where do you draw the line. What happens when a storm rolls through and the rides have to shut down for thirty minutes due to weather in the area? Do you give everyone a free one time use fastpass? On busy Saturdays, there can be a lot of people in lines, and the logistics of the thing do not just work out.

Totally agree. Also, what if someone is waiting in line for 2 hours, and someone just enters the line 2 minutes before the ride breaks down? Where do you judge where to stop handing out passes?

I wish they would give some sort of time frame. I understand why they don't (when unforseen issues arise you have angry guest), but it would be helpful to know if it's going to take in the neighborhood of a half hour, or if it'd be closer to three.

Considering that as soon as you give them a rough time, they come back ten minutes earlier, say it was three times as long as you said, and are complete jerks about the ride not being up when you said it would be. Apparently the guests expect you to have some crystal ball that tells exactly how long it will be. Especially about the whether - how long do you think it'll be. Ask mother nature, because I don't get paid to predict the weather, nor do I have the tools to do it anyway. Ahhhh!!

This whole reason about not knowing is exactly the reason behind Dollywood's policy. They ask everyone in line to leave if it will be a while. That way there's no one waiting for a ride that will be down who knows how long, and no one constantly pestering about how long it will be. Not to mention, those who are there to fix the problem are not having to answer a bunch of questions, or listen to people that wonder if they know what they are doing.

• Like 2

The problem would be where do you draw the line. What happens when a storm rolls through and the rides have to shut down for thirty minutes due to weather in the area? Do you give everyone a free one time use fastpass? On busy Saturdays, there can be a lot of people in lines, and the logistics of the thing do not just work out.

Totally agree. Also, what if someone is waiting in line for 2 hours, and someone just enters the line 2 minutes before the ride breaks down? Where do you judge where to stop handing out passes?

I wish they would give some sort of time frame. I understand why they don't (when unforseen issues arise you have angry guest), but it would be helpful to know if it's going to take in the neighborhood of a half hour, or if it'd be closer to three.

Considering that as soon as you give them a rough time, they come back ten minutes earlier, say it was three times as long as you said, and are complete jerks about the ride not being up when you said it would be. Apparently the guests expect you to have some crystal ball that tells exactly how long it will be. Especially about the whether - how long do you think it'll be. Ask mother nature, because I don't get paid to predict the weather, nor do I have the tools to do it anyway. Ahhhh!!

This whole reason about not knowing is exactly the reason behind Dollywood's policy. They ask everyone in line to leave if it will be a while. That way there's no one waiting for a ride that will be down who knows how long, and no one constantly pestering about how long it will be. Not to mention, those who are there to fix the problem are not having to answer a bunch of questions, or listen to people that wonder if they know what they are doing.

Again, I understand why they don't. But you have some sort of estimate if it's the fact that you need to put another train on the track, or to unlock a stuck restraint on a ride, ect. That's all I'm saying, I wasn't looking for an exact number.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 8, my mom and I had gone to Universal Studios. The day we went, 3 of the main attractions were experiencing difficulties, so we were issued vouchers to return. We also got do a walk through tour of the earthquake ride. We never did get to go back to the park though. Mom says the vouchers dont expire, but after 23 years, I doubt they'd still take them...lol

• Like 3