Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I just watched a POV of Hydra and Kumba. Now, if they turn out to be sit down loopers (Still in the Invert camp here!) I would love a jo-jo roll or something cool like that right out of the station! With Kumba I would love the terrain enteractment that it does, and would like that for our soon-to-be whatever.

If it's an Invert... can we still have a cool inversion out of the station... pwease!

Can they do that with an invert? Are there any other inverts which have inversions right out of the station?

I'm not annoyed, nor bothered. It just amazes me to repeat again and again the same thing, only to have to do it again. Mysteriously, Mr. Peck's insightful post of last night seems to have evaporated.

The public story was one of public outcry. It is far more likely that there were trademark issues (see Holiday World for evidence the mark was in use) or with queasiness by one or more highly placed Sandusky regime members, or their relative(s).

I wonder if the reason Cedar Fair dropped the name Banshee in 1996 is because of it already being used by Holiday World. Holiday World's Banshee ride was operating at that time anyways, right? So maybe Cedar Fair wanted to avoid a lawsuit by them, like with Dorney Park changing their impulse coaster from Voodoo to Possessed because Six Flags had Voodoo trademarked for a ride in one of their own parks.

So now that Holiday World's Banshee is gone, Cedar Fair can trademark it for their own. But this is just a speculation on my part.

Ah..I was wrong. It wasn't John Peck.

It was THE_BEASTmaster! :)

See, I know my eyes are bad but they aren't that bad. m1829.gif

Really, I'm not trying to dispute the reasons why the name Banshee was dropped for Mantis. I don't expect you or anyone else to repeat everything that you've already said. I was just wondering if they really want to consider using it again in light of what happened previously where there were negative connotations with it (according to that newspaper article I linked to). They had already printed up T-shirts and other merchandise which they had to destroy, so I wasn't sure if they'd want to risk losing the money they spent on that stuff.

But listen...it's not an issue. Really. I don't want to cause any tension about this, and in light of the research I've done about Banshees, it's not quite the evil creepy thing I thought it was. Perhaps a bit "spooky", but......

And I submit the public story was good topcover if they actually had a legal controversy over using the name or a board member\relative strongly didn't like it.

Remember, some of us were following the industry closely before Mantis was ever thought of. We were not very impressed, then or now, by spin.

• Like 2

I don't know of any other roller coasters other than Hydra The Revenge with an inversion right from the get go.

I don't see why not. If they built it high enough it could do like an inverted corkscrew downward or something

If it were a launched invert, they could launch you into a sidewinder out of the station and then perhaps into a helix before arriving at the first lift hill.

If it were launched, why would it need a lift hill?

We were talking about how to launch an invert straight into an inversion out of the station. I suggested it could be launched into a sidewinder, which then could be followed by a helix and then a brake run right before it entered the lift hill. I'd have to start up RCT and create a coaster like that to show you what I'm talking about.

9163909486_45f6766171.jpg

1 - Maybe this is meant to keep people away - no camping, no photos, no peaking through the fence.

2 - Napoleon Dynamite's favorite coaster at KI could be any of them - they're all a blast.

3 - Could be the Banshee's Husband (or significant other).

4 - My, has Mr. Kinzel aged since he retired!

or 5 - It is a misplaced Cornstalkers mannequin.

• Like 8

Omen - a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change.

What if "Banshee" isn't the name of the ride, but "Omen" is? Kinda puts some of the clues together. Don said they're building for the future, the signs on the wall says evil phenomenon, and crows/ravens are usually associated with omens in folklore. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_in_mythology.

• Like 2

it was in response to this

Kings Island Central

Is there anything better than spending a beautiful day at @KingsIslandPR ? #GoingInCircles[/size]

Since old tweets are difficult or impossible to refer back to, here's the conversation in chronological order for reference:

@KingsIslandPR: Whoever coined the phrase "you've got me going in circles", I wonder if @KICentral is what they had in mind.

• @KICentral: Is there anything better than spending a beautiful day at @KingsIslandPR ? #GoingInCircles http://fb.me/1MGtQMWYx (facebook.com post, cross-posted to Twitter)
  • @BuckeyeRidley: @KingsIslandPR @KICentral LOL! After they stepped off #TheVortex in #ConeyMall! Congrats on the Record Ride Count.
  • @jlopez103: @KingsIslandPR ??? I'm confused
  • @TheDaneThomas: @KingsIslandPR What did this mean?
    • @KingsIslandPR: @TheDaneThomas Looks like a case for the Interpreter!
  • Like 1

I will spill no brine

Before it's time.

Terp, at sea.

After the announcement has been made I hope Im able to look back at many of your posts and say "OHHHH that's what was meant".lol

I wish I knew what the ride will be. Someday I hope to have the knowledge of Terpy. I too will probably look back on many of his posts after the announcement and say OH thats what that meant. :)

9163909486_45f6766171.jpg

1 - Maybe this is meant to keep people away - no camping, no photos, no peaking through the fence.

2 - Napoleon Dynamite's favorite coaster at KI could be any of them - they're all a blast.

3 - Could be the Banshee's Husband (or significant other).

4 - My, has Mr. Kinzel aged since he retired!

or 5 - It is a misplaced Cornstalkers mannequin.

this also reminds me of freddy

I don't know of any other roller coasters other than Hydra The Revenge with an inversion right from the get go.

I don't see why not. If they built it high enough it could do like an inverted corkscrew downward or something

If it were a launched invert, they could launch you into a sidewinder out of the station and then perhaps into a helix before arriving at the first lift hill.

They could also go straight from the launch into a vert loop or a cobra roll and would eliminate the need for a lift at all.

• Like 3