Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Maybe Shaggy is saying that the type of coaster that is coming has yet to be mentioned?

We've mentioned just about every type of coaster somewhere in this thread....

Ahhhhhh. Its a Stand up!

I dont know anything about coaster construction yet.  It may already be out ruled by looking at the footers.  But what about another woodie?  Sorry if this is ignorant.  Im trying lol

Wooden coasters normally have a lot more footers than what we have now. Like a lot more. Check out some SoB construction pics. Yiu will see the difference.

I could go commando and drive all the way to b&m ( 10 mins up the road ) and attach myself underneath the flatbed and wait out for delivery

I'm not too far away either (joke)

we could team up, dress in tacticool clothing, and wait it out haha

Maybe Shaggy is saying that the type of coaster that is coming has yet to be mentioned?

We've mentioned just about every type of coaster somewhere in this thread....

Ahhhhhh. Its a Stand up!

I dont know anything about coaster construction yet. It may already be out ruled by looking at the footers. But what about another woodie? Sorry if this is ignorant. Im trying lol

Wooden coasters normally have a lot more footers than what we have now. Like a lot more. Check out some SoB construction pics. Yiu will see the difference.

Thats true! Thanks! Just trying to think outside the box. I myself have loved about every wooden coastre ive ridden

I could go commando and drive all the way to b&m ( 10 mins up the road ) and attach myself underneath the flatbed and wait out for delivery

I'll bring a couple flash lights and some snacks.

• Like 1

Id bring snicker bars if i were you

You may want a good attorney too.

• Like 7

Quality is my theme. All I want is quality. Something I WANT ride 2-3 times when I'm in the park like Beast or Top Gun/Flight Deck and Diamondback. Can't wait for 2014. Maybe they'll do something different with the trains, or the layout or maybe it'll be a classic invert. Who knows maybe it won't be an invert at all.

Actually you could pull a black friday and sit on the side walk until you here semi start up. Then follow it on the way to ki

Those are both good ideas.

Someone should buy that Snickers for me to celebrate my 100th post with KIC.

Just for the record: I really, really hope that you guys who are talking about going up to the B&M Plant and hiding until a Semi truck leaves with track/supports are just joking. I really, really hope that was just a joke. We already apparently got flak from the recent trespassing incident, and if that happens again...KIC's rep could go down the toilet. :wacko: (Not that I have any clue if that person was a KIC member or not)

You can have a snickers party though, just stay on your own property and don't trespass...

• Like 2

Just for the record: I really, really hope that you guys who are talking about going up to the B&M Plant and hiding until a Semi truck leaves with track/supports are just joking. I really, really hope that was just a joke. We already apparently got flak from the recent trespassing incident, and if that happens again...KIC's rep could go down the toilet. :wacko: (Not that I have any clue if that person was a KIC member or not)

You can have a snickers party though, just stay on your own property and don't trespass...

Of course! I'm 2 hours away, have small kids, and I have school tomorrow. I wouldn't do something so stupid and lose my platinums.

Or even be arrested

• Like 2

Of course! I'm 2 hours away, have small kids, and I have school tomorrow. I wouldn't do something so stupid and lose my platinums.

Or even be arrested

Oh thank goodness. I kind of figured it was a joke...however, in light of recent events, I couldn't be too sure.

^_^

Diamondback was August 8th, 2008. I'm expecting a similar announcement date for Project 2014, to be honest. If August comes and goes and we still don't know what Project 2014 is...I'll be a bit confused, honestly.

And on that thought, I just realized we are that close already!?!? Wow...time sure is flying this year, huh?

• Like 3

Here's something I came up with. It might be somewhat outlandish, but I wanted to try and do my best at the decoding. Let's assume that we might (not ARE) get a B&M inverted coaster. Each of these clues represents one of the B&M inverted coasters at a Cedar Fair park (except for Silver Bullet because I had nothing on it).

Cedar Fair B&M Inverted Coasters/Possible Clues

Raptor Cedar Point/Owl Prop (an owl is a bird of prey called a raptor)

Talon Dorney Park/Owl Prop (owls use their talons to catch its prey)

Afterburn Carrowinds/Dons How about a little fire, Scarecrow? Tweet. (Fire=burn)

Patriot Worlds of Fun/ Don quoting Steve Miller Bands Fly like an Eagle (Patriots logo has an eagle)...

I'm thinking Don read this post and is toying with us with his tweet about The Bat.

But I never mentioned The Bat. Don's tweet could just be a Kings Island history flashback.

Yeah I don't think his tweet has anything to do with 2014. Just a possibility he read that and is having some fun. More than likely you're right though.

Here's something I found I thought was interesting:

[Originally posted by Vortexfan May 28, 2012] Sorry I'm on a tablet and this is the best I could quote it.

" Leviamania was definitely a huge success. Thanks to everyone that attended. It was a bit hard to hear at times, so I wanted to share this tidbit of information from the Q&A (Norm, Park GM):

Canada's Wonderland was meant to get a B&M inverted intead of the Vekoma SLC model! The deal was ready to be signed HOWEVER, Cedar Point had an exlusivity deal that B&M could not build another invert with 200 miles (as the crow flies) of the park. Canada's Wonderland is at the 198 mile mark. Cedar Point refused to let Wonderland build what could have been an AMAZING invert. So we got what we did."

The term "as the crow flies". We have scarecrows on the footers and the owls are actually scarecrows. Do a google search for owl and scarecrow and those exact plastic owls come up. The crow does not fly in that area ie a B&M invert may be built there. Just wanted to throw that out there in case those really are the clues. I know I know I'm overthinking it. But hey isn't this what the Decode 2014 thread is for.

But KI isn't more than 200 miles away from CP either...

Here's something I came up with. It might be somewhat outlandish, but I wanted to try and do my best at the decoding. Let's assume that we might (not ARE) get a B&M inverted coaster. Each of these clues represents one of the B&M inverted coasters at a Cedar Fair park (except for Silver Bullet because I had nothing on it).

Cedar Fair B&M Inverted Coasters/Possible Clues

Raptor Cedar Point/Owl Prop (an owl is a bird of prey called a raptor)

Talon Dorney Park/Owl Prop (owls use their talons to catch its prey)

Afterburn Carrowinds/Dons How about a little fire, Scarecrow? Tweet. (Fire=burn)

Patriot Worlds of Fun/ Don quoting Steve Miller Bands Fly like an Eagle (Patriots logo has an eagle)...

I'm thinking Don read this post and is toying with us with his tweet about The Bat.

But I never mentioned The Bat. Don's tweet could just be a Kings Island history flashback.

Yeah I don't think his tweet has anything to do with 2014. Just a possibility he read that and is having some fun. More than likely you're right though.

Here's something I found I thought was interesting:

[Originally posted by Vortexfan May 28, 2012] Sorry I'm on a tablet and this is the best I could quote it.

" Leviamania was definitely a huge success. Thanks to everyone that attended. It was a bit hard to hear at times, so I wanted to share this tidbit of information from the Q&A (Norm, Park GM):

Canada's Wonderland was meant to get a B&M inverted intead of the Vekoma SLC model! The deal was ready to be signed HOWEVER, Cedar Point had an exlusivity deal that B&M could not build another invert with 200 miles (as the crow flies) of the park. Canada's Wonderland is at the 198 mile mark. Cedar Point refused to let Wonderland build what could have been an AMAZING invert. So we got what we did."

The term "as the crow flies". We have scarecrows on the footers and the owls are actually scarecrows. Do a google search for owl and scarecrow and those exact plastic owls come up. The crow does not fly in that area ie a B&M invert may be built there. Just wanted to throw that out there in case those really are the clues. I know I know I'm overthinking it. But hey isn't this what the Decode 2014 thread is for.

But KI isn't more than 200 miles away from CP either...

I'm 99% sure that exclusive deal on B&M Inverts is looooong gone and dead by now.

Hey, I just noticed something...

Magnum XL-200, Cedar Point's Hypercoaster, turns 20. Kings Island gets a Hypercoaster, Diamondback.

Raptor, Cedar Point's Full Circuit Inverted Coaster, turns 20. Kings Island gets ??? (signs pointing to invert right now...)

Hmm...