It's all over now :(

stephenmayes

It was a great year for PKI! Now that it is officially over what were your alls favorite memory from this past season?

I have so many its hard to pick just one. But I would have to say one of the coolest things I was able to do was when we were in training at the beggining of the year and they had us stop early to go test ride TRTR. This isn't something that crazy or fun, but it was at this point that I realized I was in for a fun summer!

It's hard to pick one since I've been there all summer... Hmmm...

but probably the most memorable day was July 30th-Where I did an open shift at DSS then played some lazer tag with Ricky, Brad, and Bobby, and came back to ride rides in the pouring rain.

Either that, or the IJST announcement when I got to meet quite a few pkiuers, pkicers, and epkiers, and then rode rides with Ricky, Dane, and Dan.

Beastbuzz 2004 was the best day I ever spent in that park! Hanging with the PKIC crew the whole day, running across parking lots, counting light bulbs, baskets and seeing people in the wrong grave site. Might sound kinda boring to all of you, but I would not change that day for nothing! Well, except maybe our team winning a medal!

My favorite and best memory is our training day where we all just stood in a circle for like 10 minutes and finally i caved in and finally spoke... Then we ran in and out of the trains because we didn't have a maitenance sheet to ride and ended up just being able to run in and out of the train checking and rechecking and having a really great time. So i have to agree training day just let me know what i was getting into and made it probably the best day... and then there was the day i threw away Dans(the manager, my old sup unsure.gif ) ID... that was pretty hilarious

My first night ride I had on The Beast. It is a completely different ride.

As was mine - we did it 4 times between 8:30 and 9:00 on the last Sunday before school started (August 29th). What a great way to end my coaster streak for this year.

Since this post isn't technically grammatically inclusive to only PKI, I'll make a quick run through my 2004 highlights: First coaster of 2004: Storm Runner at Hersheypark, High Roller at the Stratosphere, Manhattan Express at New York, New York (ouch), and Beast 4 times at night.

2004 Top Moments:

--Seeing the brand new elevators for the first time.

--My co-supervisor Katrina's last day- work, then BB, then dinner / drinks for over 4 hours at BW3s.

--Last moments together before Jessica was promoted to PGA.

--Finding someone I'm completely crazy about, and still am completely crazy about

--Riding Skyflyer for the first time ever.

--Riding Drop Zone with Brad, with Karen watching.

--Riding Taz Typhoon with Ashley, Kat and Janet.

--The last Beast ride of the season, with all the ACERS and PKICers; rocked!

--The last Beast employee ride of the season.

--Being Officer Spaeth's answering machine at the tower.

--Everyone learning that I jump at the slightest thing(s), and then testing this theory out about 2 times everyday.

--Riding The Beast at night for the first time, last car, last seat, last ride (but not on the last ride of the season, just for that night).

Man, this season has been the best season in the three years I worked at the park.

Hopefully, with any luck, next season will be even BETTER!

Best Memories....well, the easiest for me would be June 28th, but I'm not gonna talk about that. The funniest thing for me, though, would be me trying for a while to get hit by the water jet in seat 2 of TRTR, only to be foiled completely on the last day when none of the jets were working. Naturally, when I work the ride, this seat gets hit almost every time.

well lets see... best memory of '04... i can't quite remember which one was the best... there was just alot of alot... my last day... getting soaked with the cooler lol thanks guys love ya bunches... working with pretty much all guys all summer (Tr:Tr with only 7 girls and 17 guys)... me and angela had our moments... it was crazy! lol games night was fun... getting my butt whooped at DDR by like everyone... i wish i didn't have to leave...