2003 Souvenirs

aero11

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if The Beast is supposed to have a mining theme, then I think they need to do some major work on the theming. I have never seen any of the items while riding it. I don;t know why they would want to mine theme The Beast, it just doesn't make sense. Theme it about The Beast and I will be impressed. Calw marks on certain stretches of the ride, other cool things like glwoing eyes in the tunnels, stuff like that, about "The Beast," and you don;t want to disturb him, or he might come and get you.

From what I get from the station theming is that there was a mining detail that went "tto far" and awoken The Beast. The theming is in the station (the big water tower) and also going around the first turn if you look to your right you will see a mine cart and what appears to be a mine shaft.

if you were there on the last day you would of saw the fof crew in the old military uniforms.

Yeah I'm suprised none of the guest never said anything about that,

The main reason that they dont have different uniforms is incase you get sent to another ride or in the case of Flight of Fear, you'd look kinda funny at Zephyr with them on, but i guess it was also funny walking into the Employees Cafeteria on the last day with Bearue of Paranormal Activity shirts, and Barets on.

Actually they have single type of uniforms now cause the park is too cheap to replace the washing equipment in wardrobe and to buy new shirts each year and so on. They saw it a better move to just switch to an outside uniform company, which is good for them to save money but sucky when it comes to appearance of the employees.

And them giving supervisors in food service white shirts!!! What the heck were they thinking. Every supervisor I know (including me) had to buy more shirts during the year cause we couldn't get stains out.

You keep the same uniforms from last year, Its up to you, if you dont mind only having 2 shirts thats fine, but you can get an additional 2, but however you should've picked up the form that was made available to returners during processing weekend in the I.D. room to order more uniforms at no cost.

I can't believe a place like PKI would actually consider using white shirts for the supervisors. why didn't they just use somethign else like red? Hides the stains better. Our upper level officers in the fire department have white shirts, but at big incidents they are in the heated/airconditioned vehicle giving all the orders, or back in the office shuffling papers. White is a bad color for sup's in any profession that would require lots of manual labor.

I think it would be kewl havinga rollercoaster train, on an old section of track, with vines grown over parts of it, and claw marks up the side of it, and part of the rear cars seats missing, like some animal jumped out and attacked it. That woudl really fit the theming of The Beast. They need to do some theming to it, like the themed crate at the entrance to SOB, to give some thrill to the whole coaster. I like The Beast better because it at least winds through the woods, and isn't as painful to ride, while SOB is pretty much out in the open, and doesn't have any theming except that crate at the entrance.

I think that a guidebook would be a great souvenir and a useful item while waiting on long lines. When my wife and I took our honeymoon at Disney, we brought both the official and unoffical guidebooks. They helped us out and we still read through them occasionally to remember the goods times that we had there. Paramount's Kings Island is one of the most awesome theme parks on the planet and surely deserves at very least 1 guidebook written about it.

I thinkk that would be a good idea. There is soo much to do at PKI, and I think some of the people that attend PKi only once or twice a seaosn, really need some direction as to what is good in the park. I know I have talked with numerous people in line, who were visiting the park for the day, and asked about what rides were decent, and which ones they should skip. I think i had that conversation at least 10 times last summer with various people.

I think with alot of trip planning being done online people look up iteneraries (spelling?) of a day at the park. I think a guidebook would be a good idea, but just a way for people to spend more money. When I got older I'm going to come back atleast once a year for sure! I just wish everyone in the world could see our little gem, throughout MANY MANY years, I don't want people to crowd our lines lol.

I think that a guidebook would majorly rock. But maybe if PKI sold soundtracks (like Hanna-Barbera theme songs, Scooby Doo, Top Gun, TR:TR) and VHS & DVDs (based on Paramount's, Nickelodeon's, and Hanna-Barbera's) films that would be cool too. Of course all such decisions would be based on shelf space and profitability.

I've said this before, long ago, but they should sell the video they have thats like a history of the park. They showed it before they did the training when i went last year. It was a great video, showed all the additions and whatnot right up to 2001. If they put that much into making it, then you'd figure they could sell it, because it was cool, having the ads for The Vortex, and SOB, and even The Beast. thats something that would be very cool to own.

Me either, but we thought it would be fun to throw stuff around and act in a "chain" to move stuff around like they do with the fish in the video but my full timer didn't think it was funny when he came in. I guess it was cause the last person was chucking the apples as hard as he could into the side of the dumpster.

Good thing he didn't come while we were playing baseball with them using a 2x4.

I think that a guidebook and a DVD/VHS would complement each other. Let's hope that someday PKI has both. The DVD would be great for home before you go to the park - or during the off season when you miss it. And the guidebook would be perfect for reading while waiting on long lines - or while sitting on the royal throne at home.