KIC bracelet/band

YoungStud

I had an enthusiast during ERT today(yesterday) just jump into the seat next to me in row three( close together seats) while the teens I brought were in the rows in front and behind me. He didn't ask or anything and then began to chat away about" Have you ever been on this, height, length, the time he was stopped on MCBR!". I was thinking the entire ride he was crazy! I dont know if he posts on here or not but that bleep scares me! I have jumped on rides after myself but only on split seats and I always ask if it's O.K! I could wear the wrist band and proceed in a conversation if asked but wearing a t-shirt for me would be like wearing a target to enthusiast that I might not want to hear their life coaster story. I don't want to come across wrong but some people I dont want to be a walking billboard for conversation, when I don't know you! I think Stud has a great idea and I would buy it.

• Like 3

That being said... after I finished our ride he was a really nice guy but people need to know there boundaries! I would love to buy Studs idea for my friends and family if KICentral made a few bucks and the rest went to Coasting for Kids or any such charity that would help children in need. Great idea YoungStud, your growing on me with that idea! ;)

• Like 2

Worst idea ever.

Can we settle on KICentral fanny packs instead?

This post contains sarcasm.

Seriously though, I do always rock a rubber wristband, so I would be stoked if I could be reppin' the KIC.

Edit: Jtlyk, I am for real about wanting the KIC fanny pack. We might want to gauge the interest on those too.

Edited by DontWantToWait42mar0

I can completely see where YoungStud is coming from on this one. A KIC wristband would be a great idea!! I, too, have opted out of wearing a KIC shirt.

And I agree with Birdy that there definitely is a line you have to walk when meeting people for the very first time. That's why it can be intimidating to identify yourself as an enthusiast.

• Like 1

YoungStud, you are confusing. You don't want to be known as an enthusiast but wouldn't the bracelet serve the same purpose as the shirt?

That's like me being a bengals fan but I don't want people to know it so I wear an orange bengals bracelet instead of a jersey.

Good idea though

What's hard to understand?

A huge bullseye on your chest or a small band on your wrist that only members would know what it was.

• Like 4

I don't want people to know I am a enthusiast so I will never buy a KIC shirt. Be cool if we could get a KIC rubber band type thing.

I can understand not wanting a shirt with a giant logo if it's just not your style (my reason to not get one), but why are we ashamed to be enthusiasts? Why hide what you are?

• Like 5

Even though I'm planning on getting a shirt in the near future, I still like this idea. For example, some KIC members (myself included) do not wear a KIC shirt to the park. With a wristband, we can be easily identified even though we are wearing a different shirt. I know many times when I've been to the park, I've looked for KIC members and unless they are wearing their KIC shirt (or unless I've met them before), I don't know if someone is a member. With a wristband, you can tell who's who regardless of the shirt someone is wearing.

YoungStud, you are confusing. You don't want to be known as an enthusiast but wouldn't the bracelet serve the same purpose as the shirt?

That's like me being a bengals fan but I don't want people to know it so I wear an orange bengals bracelet instead of a jersey.

Good idea though

What's hard to understand?

A huge bullseye on your chest or a small band on your wrist that only members would know what it was.

But isn't that the point of being an enthusiast? The point of the shirt is to show that you like and support what ever is on the shirt. It provokes people to strike up conversations. A wristband is just a wrist band.

I still like the idea, just not the reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

I had a few people mention the shirt Friday, and either comment having looked on this forum, or intending to. That is the other point, to attract more people and opinions to this site.

Unfortunately some members don't take kindly to new members with new opinions on this site, but that's a different story.

• Like 3