Disney Underground

Darn again.....Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to Disneyland! :P

Story of my life.

Dinosaur and Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye also have almost identical layouts, too, though you'd never guess it from riding.

trk_dl_indy3.jpg

ctxll.GIF

ctxul.gif

I know the Indiana Jones image is smaller, but you can see that the track follows nearly identical paths. (Dinosaur just rounded out a few corners to shorten the track, eliminating Indy's "H" and connecting G directly to I, for example.)

EDIT: If it weren't for them being identical, I'd still be rallying for a version of Indiana Jones Adventure to come to Disney's Animal Kingdom - let's face it, a mystical-temple filled Indiana Jones land would even fit at the park, at least better than Avatar. Simply make it "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Golden Cobra" and you've got yourself an Animal Kingdom appropriate ride.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

D Confessions 2 reminded me of a true story...

I took my nieces to Disneyworld in 1998. We decided to take a bus from MGM to the Contemporary Resort and to take a short ride on the monorail....from the Contemporary Resort to the Magic Kingdom....well, (for those not familiar, we unfortunately were not and found out the hard way.....) the monorail leaves the Contemporary Resort and goes the opposite way. LOL

We took the journey to from the Contemporary Resort to Ticketing and Transportation to the Polynesian Resort to the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom...each time the door opened we heard..." Please stand clear of the doors...por favor, manténgase alejado de la puerta"

We heard this at least 5 times on our journey.

After we departed the monorail and we were skipping down the ramp to the Magic Kingdom...my 7 year old niece blurted out at the top of her voice...." Please stand clear of the doors...por favor, manténgase alejado de la puerta"

Who needs Rosetta Stone when they have Disneyworld....LMAO!!!

• Like 8

This is just a weird pet peeve of mine, but I hate when people refer to it as "Disney". Disney is the last name of Walt. Disney World is the park you visit.

But the company is called Disney for short (Walt Disney Company)... and Technically its Walt Disney World.... So even you are shortening it when you claim Disney World.... not to mention WDW is the name of the Resort, the parks are called Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywod Studios, and Disney Animal Kingdom..... So in essence by stating you are visiting Disney, you could be going to corporate, a store, a studio, or a park.... :)

• Like 1

So I assume some of you guys already know this, especially the ones more in tune w/ the history of Disney, but figured others (like me) that were not aware would be interested. My wife's uncle and aunt were in town this week. He's a pretty interesting guy, in the inventors hall of fame, very smart, knows a lot about a lot, etc... In short, he's one of those guys that has an interesting story about pretty much any subject. Anyhoo, they live in south florida now, but his two kids and grandkids are all meeting them in Orlando around the turn of the year, so the subject of Disney came up. I never knew, but apparently in Walt was deciding where to place Walt Disney World, the decision was b/w St Louis and Florida (remember at the time, Florida wasn't quite the travel destination that it is today).

So I did a little digging around the net this morning, and this part of his story may not be 100% accurate, but he told me that St Louis was pretty much the front runner, but at a meeting of the big wigs in St Louis, Auggie Busch, while drunk started stammering and yelling how the park would never work without the sales of beer. With that, Walt made his mind to go with Orlando. Like I said, that part of the story is in debate, but there are many accounts and drawings about the details of the potential Disney World - St Louis around the net. I can only imagine just how different central florida would be today w/o Disney coming to town.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw it and liked it, despite the artistic license Disney took with it. In reality, Travers wasn't so nasty (the actual recording playing during the credits didn't make her out to be so nasty). Also, Disney wasn't that emotionally attached to the project; he simply championed it because he thought it would make a lot of money for the studio. I thought Tom Hanks was a very good Walt and I also liked Emma Thompson's performance as well. Also, the movie totally glossed over the fact that there were two screenwriters--the other one was Bill Walsh, who was from Cincy and went on to help produce the Mickey Mouse Club, among other things for Disney.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...