Interview with Don: 2014 Improvements and Additions

TombRaiderFTW

I wouldn't get my hopes up. See the video in my 7 December post. Or see the Cedar Point attempt at a Broadway type show last summer (sadly, I did).

I want to Believe.

I really do...but Dollywood, Fiesta Texas or even SeaWorld quality level shows Cedar Fair has shown no evidence so far of supporting.

It's a new day. We can hope.

Going through some of our old home videos part of me feels like CP's entertainment was better in the 90s than present day..that could be just me though. I honestly have never been a huge fan of KI's musical reviews, my absolute favorite shows at KI involved no singing. (Ed Alonzo and ice skating show) Knott's shows aren't too bad, I like that most of it is country western based considering Ghost Town there. I wouldn't say its Dollywood quality though, but I still enjoy it. Look forward to Fiesta Texas now way you keep talking about it!

• Like 1

Monticello, Kentucky? That is cool. Well, with all honesty, I have no idea what they had there then or where in the world you could have interviewed at because even now, there is not a lot of decent jobs there. They do have a really good Mexican restaurant by Walmart. I still have a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles that live there. My dad was born actually in Slick Ford which was in the middle of now where south of Monticello on top of a mountain.

A friend of mine told me his uncle had started a Christian camp in Monticello. Seemed like an odd place to start one, but I could not place where it was. Last fall, we went to a funeral of an aunt and the cemetery was as far away from civilization that I have ever been in my life. About 5 miles before the cemetery (which was really the middle of no where), was this camp. My friend was amazed we found it because people looking for it cannot find it. Dad was raised in Missouri Hollow (pronounced Misery Holler which if said that way used to sum up my summers down there) if you are familiar with the area.

They actually made national headlines in 2012. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-stuck-toilet-super-glue-kentucky-walmart-article-1.1099702

My mom is from Corbin. It is where they built the first KFC. My grandpa used to deliver groceries to dear ol' Harland Sanders. From what I understand, he was not a very nice man. I still love me some KFC though.

I have a cousin who lives on one of "roads" that goes to one of the docks to Lake Cumberland, unless he sold that when his dad died. I've not heard that he has done it. That is a beautiful lake. Somerset really has grown in leaps in bounds. I love going to the Falls when we are down there.

Monticello, Kentucky? That is cool. Well, with all honesty, I have no idea what they had there then or where in the world you could have interviewed at because even now, there is not a lot of decent jobs there. They do have a really good Mexican restaurant by Walmart. I still have a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles that live there. My dad was born actually in Slick Ford which was in the middle of now where south of Monticello on top of a mountain.

A friend of mine told me his uncle had started a Christian camp in Monticello. Seemed like an odd place to start one, but I could not place where it was. Last fall, we went to a funeral of an aunt and the cemetery was as far away from civilization that I have ever been in my life. About 5 miles before the cemetery (which was really the middle of no where), was this camp. My friend was amazed we found it because people looking for it cannot find it. Dad was raised in Missouri Hollow (pronounced Misery Holler which if said that way used to sum up my summers down there) if you are familiar with the area.

They actually made national headlines in 2012. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-stuck-toilet-super-glue-kentucky-walmart-article-1.1099702

My mom is from Corbin. It is where they built the first KFC. My grandpa used to deliver groceries to dear ol' Harland Sanders. From what I understand, he was not a very nice man. I still love me some KFC though.

I have a cousin who lives on one of "roads" that goes to one of the docks to Lake Cumberland, unless he sold that when his dad died. I've not heard that he has done it. That is a beautiful lake. Somerset really has grown in leaps in bounds. I love going to the Falls when we are down there.

My grandmother was born and raised in Corbin, and still has a lot of family down there. I still visit once every other year or so.

• Like 2

This was the point if my other topic. It's really cool seeing so many people have connections.

In Corbin, my family are Roaden, Jones, Keegan, Miller and others. My mom was raised in Bacon Creek.

Monticello - Adkins, Gregory, Jones, Bertram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My second job interview was in Corbin.

And, no, I'm not making this up, and no, I didn't get that one either. That, too, was probably fortunate.

My third was in Oak Brook, Illinois. Turned me down the first time..four months later they called to offer the job. Young, dumb and proud, I turned THEM down. I still wonder about that one.

Food, folks and...FUN?

• Like 2

Corbin has minimal to offer that is great employment overall (even though there is more there now as well.) So, you are probably right as far as being fortunate. I have had assorted other family that have worked for the railroad in that area. I think that was probably the most lucrative of jobs back years ago. Oh, and the coal mines.

I have no connections with Oak Brook.

Ed won't be back for the regular season in 2014. I can say that with a certain degree of certainty. I tried to get information out of Don as to what's going in the KIT next year, but all he would tell me was that it would be a show that you'd want to see every visit. [paraphrased]

Does this mean he could potentially return for Haunt? Or is Haunt technically regular season?

Possibly. And I believe that Haunt is part of the regular season. But I could be wrong.
Haunt is not part of the regular season. When saying regular season, I'm talking about daily operations.
  • Like 3

My second job interview was in Corbin.

And, no, I'm not making this up, and no, I didn't get that one either. That, too, was probably fortunate.

My third was in Oak Brook, Illinois. Turned me down the first time..four months later they called to offer the job. Young, dumb and proud, I turned THEM down. I still wonder about that one.

Food, folks and...FUN?

Sounds like when I turned down Kings Island when they offered me a position in ecology after turning me down for games. I was so disappointed I didn't get games I didn't want to work there.

Now I wonder where I would be if I had taken the ecology job in high school.

You win some and you lose some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ed won't be back for the regular season in 2014. I can say that with a certain degree of certainty. I tried to get information out of Don as to what's going in the KIT next year, but all he would tell me was that it would be a show that you'd want to see every visit. [paraphrased]

Does this mean he could potentially return for Haunt? Or is Haunt technically regular season?

Possibly. And I believe that Haunt is part of the regular season. But I could be wrong.
Haunt is not part of the regular season. When saying regular season, I'm talking about daily operations.

I am not trying to twist words, but that gives me a slight amount of hope Ed will possibly return during Haunt. I can say that I enjoyed his Haunt shows because he seemed to be in his element more than his 8th grade, potty humor shows (which I think are great, too.)

^ I seem to recall a similar perk in the original perk list for 2013 passes. I got excited about it. By the time opening day rolled around, it had been removed.

This time I'm not believing that they'll actually go through with it until I actually get the discount on opening day.

• Like 2

I am not trying to twist words, but that gives me a slight amount of hope Ed will possibly return during Haunt. I can say that I enjoyed his Haunt shows because he seemed to be in his element more than his 8th grade, potty humor shows (which I think are great, too.)

I mean, you can interpret my words any way you want. I know for a fact that the park is going a different direction during the regular season (June - August). I'm not implying that he will or will not be there for Haunt. I'm saying I don't know, which is an honest comment. I really really hope he does come back. He's one of my favorites. I saw his show several dozen times both seasons.

• Like 4