Predicted Weather for Kings Island Opening day?

kingsislandfan1972

Today's forecast for the 17th and 18th via WCPO

Thursday: Low 35, High 59, partly cloudy, 0% chance of precipitation
Friday: Low 47, High 66, rain, 50% chance of precipitation

still too early to accurately tell, and this has changed a lot just in the past few days, but still fun to observe and speculate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Kat. Appreciate that.....I'm sure for you Ohioan's that's really really nice weather, but for my daughter and I being from Arizona, its a little chilly for us....of course my 14 year old daughter loved seeing this because now it means we get to go shopping......haha.

• Like 3

The latest NWS forecast is trending even warmer for Thursday and Friday, with highs in the 60°s F, though it looks like we could have a chilly start in the early morning hours for Media Day.

Considering the weather this winter/"spring", it's hard to complain. The highs near 80° might miss Opening Weekend, but so will the potential snow with highs in the 40°s. (Thanks, ohiocolts!)

• Like 4

According to WeatherBug's hourly forecast for Thursday, it's gonna be 37 when check in for Media Day starts.

Well, I'm done with my winter coat for the season, and I am not getting it back out. So I will probably end up wearing two jackets that morning.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

^ For Opening Day, or Media Day? (Those aren't solid color or KI-themed attire. Friday morning is forecast to be much warmer than Thursday morning.)

If it only gets down to upper 30s, as it's currently forecast to, I'll probably stick with shorts and a T-shirt. It will get warm that afternoon, and I don't want to carry stuff around all day.

• Like 1

ACU fleece is solid color actually :P

I don't think they'd have issue with my GORETEX, if they did, it has a solid liner I can wear.

The park is ok with some things as discussed in my thread, for instance coaster club shirts are allowed now, and those aren't solid color/etc. Just use common sense. They just don't want Pepsi shirts, or SFFT jackets, etc.