When Kings Island had WinterFest, what rides were open?

kingsislandfan1972

In the 2005 version, they had SDatHM, Carousel, and the White Christmas Express (Great Miami Valley Railroad)- the Sporta-Copters (or whatever they're called now) shows on the map, but I don't remember them operating.

Go to Google and type "WinterFest 2005" in images and the top left image is the park map/brochure.

Hoping we don't have Wimterfest on Media Day or opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost hope we do. I can ride Banshee any time. How often will I get a chance to take some sweet snowy photos of my favorite theme park?

Well, at least Opening Day. I want Media Day to be a huge success for the park, and I think snow would hamper that.

• Like 4

I am most concerned about Media Day. I want KI to get the publicity it deserves.

It'll be successful no matter the weather. They'll make it work. Might be a little cold or rainy for the riders, but the media will get their shots regardless...
  • Like 2

I am most concerned about Media Day. I want KI to get the publicity it deserves.

It'll be successful no matter the weather. They'll make it work. Might be a little cold or rainy for the riders, but the media will get their shots regardless...

Do you underestimate the power of the riders? You think a little pneumonia will stop me from riding Banshee if it's open? HAH!

• Like 7

Antique cars were also open during WinterFest at least during the 1991 WinterFest, I remember the had the Smurf props scattered along the course.

Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about this! I was there that winter and remember seeing the Smurfs all around this area. This must have been the first year Phantom Theater was there and the Smurfs had been newly removed. I miss all of this!

• Like 1