Line Smokers

dropzone265

mad.gif There is nothing I hate more than line smokers or (Line Cutters!) on opening day while I was waiting to get on Spongebob 3D some lady just starting smoking in front of me, My gal pal, and all the kids around us I enjoy my life and I too dont want to smell that nasty smell life is short as it is I wish PKI would enforce the rules better too.

Scooby cool.gif

There are only 2 cases that I yell at guests when I am off duty, line jumpers and smokers. This one guy was smoking at SoB's line and I told him he can't smoke, he just turned to me and laughed at me, while blowing smoke in my face. I told him I was an employee, and just ignored me. I told the ride op and he yelled at the guy and played the Seibert no smoking spiel, and he finally put it out. Jeez, some people just **** me off.

I swear, do you know what the number one thing that we clean up in lines at the end of the night are?, Cig butts, its terrible. Seriously, Im a nice guy and all but when it comes to other guests health in a family park w/kids everywhere, thats where I draw the line, I ask for the cig out, if it doesn't go out or another one lights up, its time to call security. I just wish it was a lot easier to enforce the rule. We need like queue line mic.s at greeter, lol.

I dislike people who smoke in line very much they dont care if someone is healthy and chooses not to smoke they just lite up to get there fix I think PKI should do what Holiday world is doing make it a smoke free park kids dont need to smell that nasty smell. Theres a saying if you smoke they smoke I dont want my daughter to smoke nor smell it. dry.gif

Smoking in lines is my biggest park-related pet peeve. (just ahead of those bouncing basketballs) What some smokers don't realize- or maybe just don't care- is that some people are violently allergic to the smoke.

I watched a family (at another park) that was forced to leave a line because one of the kids was suddenly unable to breathe. The rule-breaking smoker got to ride, the rule-obeying family didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

i dont care one way or another about people smoking in line...then again i smoke so my opinion doesnt count...i dont see why people cant smoke in line..if they light up and someone says to put it out put it out if no one says anything then i say why not?

Well Iam a smoker but i totally respect the people in line i bring gum, but when im walking to another ride not in a line and somone *****es at me for smoking thats where i get upset, for one no rule stating that, two its open not like in a que. I went off on some lady i felt bad but you know if its not a rule dont b**** about it, i totally understand while in line and im one who respects that rule and i just chomp on my gum. The only que that ive smoked in and i know bad was white water canyone but thats a little open to and i blew my smoke away from people, every other ride there i chew my gum. I just thought id say my two cents in here not all smokers smoke in line its a matter of how bad they are addicted, but i totally understand why you all would get mad my cousin in allergic to cig smoke.

coasterfans

I have to agree here. Smoking in line gets on my nerves. I am a smoker, and I do not have a problem waiting in line and not smoking. What really ticks me off is, when your in line for FOF and your inside the buliding and someone light up. That should be common since there, your inside you shouldn't smoke. But I guess this relates alot to people having to smoke while at a restruant, or smoke while eating at a restruant, I never understood that one either.

I can't stand line smokers one bit. Over at Monster the line is right by the drive box, and when people start lighting up it just gets to me. Just the other day there was a girl behind me coughing like no other and I asked her what was wrong. She said someone was smoking and the guy next to her was smoking a cigar in line. Usually I ask people polietly to put it out but this year its really getting on my nerves. People just don't think when they get into a line, they have to realize that a lot of people hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

For some reason when I drive at Monster I have this sense that could smell smoke before a guest gets into line. Probably because when I drive Monster I crave it so bad and I get jealous.

i dont care one way or another about people smoking in line...then again i smoke so my opinion doesnt count...i dont see why people cant smoke in line..if they light up and someone says to put it out put it out if no one says anything then i say why not?

Mostly due to that alot of people will be iritated and not say anything. The last thing I would want is a good day at the park ruined by someone who gets upset after you ask them to put out their smoke.

Outside of a queue line, I don't mind if others smoke as I can move away. However being contained in a small area, and have to breathe in the smoke is not fair to most people.

It's an overblown topic. Yeah, it can be annoying. Yeah, you should respect the rules of the park. But second hand smoke is such a trumped up fad in America, like inhaling it will immediately knock off a day of your life or something. Look, if you really hate it, ask them to put it out, otherwise stop bit**ing about it, and if your kid is allergic, then certainly say something. But honestly people, you gotta compare it to something; I'm sure the Jews didn't take to kindly to being shot by Hitler's rule, but if they were standing in a line ready to be shot, and someone next to them took out a cig and lit up, I highly doubt they would ask them to put it out. Just be thankfull you live in a place where people had aspirations high enough to acheive things like PKI. Would you rather have no PKI at all? Smoking is not the biggest thing in the world.

VERY well said Cabron.

It isn't nearly the smoking issue as it is a societal issue. I remember quite well the days when diet soda, mobile phones, and milk were all touted as carcinogens, very little is ever proven. I grew up with adults blowing smoke in my face everywhere; stores, schools, restaurants. I also remember the days that smoking was allowed in lines at all the parks. There was very little complaining about it, and then, only about the mess. Then the whole P.C. thing took over.

I'm allergic to dogs, my eyes swell and turn red and I wheeze. I don't expect every dog in the world to be contained. I don't expect people to stop driving or using perfume because I don't like the smell of car exhaust or Vanderbilt.

I don't smoke in line and don't appreciate those who do. BUT I also don't sit on the handrails, deface the scenery, swear, line jump or litter.

There is nothing more annoying than a line jumper sitting on a handrail throwing trash on the ground sticking their gum on the wall complaining about the "f*cking smoke."

Aaah, the good old days, when we followed ALL of the rules and everybody got along WAY better. Now, we just pick the ones we want to follow, because of course the ones we don't like are "stupid," make an excuse for our behavior while we complain about others.

But honestly people, you gotta compare it to something; I'm sure the Jews didn't take to kindly to being shot by Hitler's rule, but if they were standing in a line ready to be shot, and someone next to them took out a cig and lit up, I highly doubt they would ask them to put it out.

That is the worst comparison I've ever heard. I can't believe someone would try to compare what Hitler and the Nazis did to the Jews to smoking in a que line. How assonine can you get.

I know I'll probably get warned for this post, but I don't care. You are way off base Cabron.

WOW this is turning into a very amusing topic for me... One good job Cabron..well said some ways not so well others 2) homey if your going to insult someone spell it correctly... and 3) cant we all just get along? its just a D@mn ciggarette