7 hours ago7 hr 11 hours ago, Losantiville Mining Co. said:Whether the name change surveys were put out earnestly or just to stir up chatter online, they should be taken with at least a little sincerity.Some of the name changes could help the legacy SF parks, since the removal/downsizing (especially the full removal) of the Six Flags name might signal guests that things are changing from the way they've been for 20+ years. A sizeable portion of the general public won't know/care who owns their home park, but they will more than likely notice a change in visual identity. I think the chain would keep the full name for Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Over Texas while removing it from the other parks.The parks I'd be most interested to see the naming direction for (assuming the best option is taken) are as follows:SF Great America — Chicago's Great America; Gurnee's Great America; or Great America. It might be hard to do with California's Great America still in the mix, but it'd be a start.SF New England — Riverside Park; Riverside Grove; something else with Riverside? My personal vote would be for something like Riverside Wonderland.SF Mexico — Honestly I don't know that they would change this park's name. It might be a similar situation to Six Flags Qiddiya City. The broader international audiences seem to not mind the Six Flags name as much as US audiences do.SF White Water — This one could just keep the name, but I think it has a little strangeness because Silver Dollar City's waterpark is also called [Silver Dollar City's] White Water.Overall, the amount of comments I've seen calling for the Six Flags name to be kept as the main branding worries me. I hope John Reilly and the Board of Directors know what a bad idea leaning further into the Six Flags brand would be.I think Chicago's Great America works better than Gurnee's Great America, since Chicago is a far more recognizable city. My only concern would be that it would be acronym'd CGA like California's Great America, so you would need to differentiate them with ChGA and CaGA respectively. Illinois's Great America could work too, but it doesn't roll off the tongue as well.Riverside Park or Riverside Adventure would be my vote for SFNE.For Six Flags Mexico, they could rename it back to Reino Aventura or localize it to Adventure Kingdom.Six Flags White Water could be renamed to Hurricane Harbor Georgia to keep it consistent with the other water parks in the chain.
Create an account or sign in to comment