Prefabbed Wooden/hybrid track question

medford

Wasn't really sure where to put this, so figured I'd ask it here

To start, I'm not really sure what I saw so the whole question could be way off base

anyhoo, I was driving home the other day on 275 b/w the Milford area and 71 when there was a "wide Load" trailer driving north.  It stood out to me, because the trail car was driving really really close to the truck/trailer to the point it kind of looked dangerous.  Anyways, at first I wasn't really sure what the truck was hauling but as I past it, its kind of looked like prefabbed wood/hybrid coaster track.  Can't really recall it if was mostly straight or had some bend in it.  If it was pre-fabbed track, could it have been manufactured by CSF?  I know they have done B&M track quite often but don't recall any prefabbed wood/hybrid track.  The truck got off 275 onto 71 towards KI.  Regardless of the origin of the track, I'm not even sure where it would be headed.  KI isn't in need of that, neither is CP perhaps somewhere off of I70 in Pennsylvania or the East coast?

Finally, does anyone have a picture of what prefabbed track looks like when being shipped on a trailer?  I searched on the internets but couldn't find one.  I may be way off in what I saw and figured if I saw what it looked like on a typical delivery truck it may help me better gauge if I was anywhere close to being right.

I drove past Clermont Steel over the weekend and only saw red B&M track sitting out and some unpainted pieces. To my knowledge, they don't fabricate any wooden track.

Gravity Group, I believe their facilities are out near the old Tri-County Mall north of I-275.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to respond, but thanks for the responses.  The pictures on the link don't really look like what I saw.  IF (and this is probably a big if) it was prefabbed wooden track, it was being shipped as a single 10 foot +(?) stretch of track including the cross pieces underneath the rails, almost like they were taking out an old section and putting this back in its place.

Of course it may not have even been anything close to what my instincts question it could be.  If Gravity Group is where several have said it is, then it likely wouldn't have originated or been heading there.  It was coming up 275 on the East side of Cincy north of Milford/Indian Hill and getting off on 71 N towards KI.  Other than that, where it originated from, where it was headed and even what exactly it was will forever be a mystery :)  Thanks for the responses, I didn't know Gravity Group had a manufacturing facility in the area.

5 minutes ago, medford said:

Late to respond, but thanks for the responses.  The pictures on the link don't really look like what I saw.  IF (and this is probably a big if) it was prefabbed wooden track, it was being shipped as a single 10 foot +(?) stretch of track including the cross pieces underneath the rails, almost like they were taking out an old section and putting this back in its place.  I guess if it was track, it could also be a mock up piece that somebody ships from place to place for presentation purposes (either trade shows, fan events, sales presentations, etc...)

Of course it may not have even been anything close to what my instincts question it could be.  If Gravity Group is where several have said it is, then it likely wouldn't have originated or been heading there.  It was coming up 275 on the East side of Cincy north of Milford/Indian Hill and getting off on 71 N towards KI.  Other than that, where it originated from, where it was headed and even what exactly it was will forever be a mystery :)  Thanks for the responses, I didn't know Gravity Group had a manufacturing facility in the area.