Happy Days Diner

Coney_man

New Happy Daysâ„¢ Diner Premiers at Paramount's Kings Island

Restaurant opens with the park April 9 and recreates the charm and nostalgia of popular sitcom

Kings Island, Ohio - Ayyyyyy!...It's two thumbs up for the Happy Days™ Diner at Paramount’s Kings Island this season. The hip dining spot serves up food and fun 50’s style and brings the cherished TV sitcom, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, to life when the 365-acre theme park opens for the season on April 9.

The Happy Days Diner recreates the charm and nostalgia of the Paramount-produced TV sitcom “Happy Days™†– currently running on TV Land. Guests will get a wistful sensation of the good ol’ days eating among notable memorabilia from the show including a classic jukebox, a vintage television set and photos of the “Happy Days†cast that adorn the interior and exterior of the restaurant.

The Happy Days Dinner offers a varied menu of classic diner fare including burgers, waffle fries, frosty milkshakes and traditional apple pie.

Guests also can fill their order of good, wholesome fun during Happy Days™ All Over Again. DJs Wildman Jock and Roxie Rockwell spin the decade’s hippest tunes and serve up fun competitions like “Happy Days†trivia during the interactive presentation.

“Happy Days†tells the story of one of America’s favorite TV families, the Cunninghams, Mr. & Mrs. C and their children Richie and Joanie. The longest running sitcom in ABC history, “Happy Days†aired for 11 seasons, produced 255 episodes and received numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. The show featured a memorable cast of supporting characters such as Potsy, Ralph, Al, Arnold, and Chachi and produced several hit spin-off series including “Laverne & Shirley†and “Joanie Loves Chachi.†The feel-good TV series also created one of the most beloved and prevalent American pop culture icons on television, the Fonz.

Is this a new structure, or are they re-theming an existing attraction? Can the juke box be activated by bouncing one's fist on the view glass? Will it have a spinning, neon "A" on top of the roof? Even if not, this new addition deserves a well deserved two thumbs up....in a leather jacket....seated upon a Triumph...aaaaaaaaaaaay! cool.gif

Is this a new structure, or are they re-theming an existing attraction? Can the juke box be activated by bouncing one's fist on the view glass? Will it have a spinning, neon "A" on top of the roof? Even if not, this new addition deserves a well deserved two thumbs up....in a leather jacket....seated upon a Triumph...aaaaaaaaaaaay! cool.gif

It's a re-vamp of Tuckers, in Coney mall.

Well, Preston`s served hamburgers and such, which is what the Happy Days Diner will serve. I haven`t seen any plans, but what Tucker`s needed was more places to sit down and eat, and be in the shade. They had a couple tables on the main Coney midway, but they were only covered by small umbrellas. I definantly think it will make the park look better, like Bubba Gump`s did, and be another example of the Hollywood style the park is going for.

Im sorry to say that this resteruant dissapointed me. The theme was ok but there wern't that much... Happy Days is just too old. < Im not saying it in a mean way just to tick you guys off. Im just stating my opinion... Maybe Pki's be better? smile.gif

Im sorry to say that this resteruant dissapointed me. The theme was ok but there wern't that much... Happy Days is just too old. < Im not saying it in a mean way just to tick you guys off. Im just stating my opinion... Maybe Pki's be better? smile.gif

Like it or not themeing's themeing... hopefully it'll be done well so we can actually feel like we're in the old sitcom when we're there. biggrin.gif

I don't know, Henry Winkler (The Fonz) isn't seen much these days. He probably wanted to distance himself from Happy Days for the simple fact that he'd feel really typecast. At least they got someone from the cast. Way better than how they pulled off the CDBB Grand Opening with that Paul Hogan stunt double. Then again, didn't Hogan decline coming to PKI?

Ok.. I'm done being off topic.

~S~

I just hope they make it something special. I mean, throw an old jutebox and tv set in there and some pictures of Happy Days stuff on the walls and I might as well be in a place like Johnny Rockets. I hope there is actually going to be more to it. Does anyone have any of the conceptual design pics on the net or a pic of the one at PKD?

Well I can tell you that the Pkd version looks very nice with well planned out theming and a nice replacement to Stan Mikita's. I have only been in ours a few times never getting any food there, but who I was with who got the food said it wasn't that great and below average food.

So if yours follows the same trend then expect a nice looking place with the same food as whatever it was before the theme change.