Water Rides

pkifreak

It depends how wet I want to get. If I want to get mildly wet, then it is WTRA. If I want to get moderatly wet, I go for Congo Falls. If I want to get drenched, I go for WWC. Although, WWC, is the longest and perhaps most fun of the three, although not fun afterwards on those cool days!

was KCKC a log flume ride like Wild Thorn? I can't remember if I rode Thorn or not. From what i remember of the ride it only kind of resembles Thorn (it was a LONG time ago when I rode it, I'm pretty sure it must have been KCKC). W/e it was, it was awesome b/c we tricked my mom into riding it; we told her she wouldn't get wet....he he he

was KCKC still at PKI in '99. I'm pretty sure that must have been what i rode b/c I know for a fact w/e  i rode wasnt themed to the thornberrys

Yes KCKC operated through the 2000 season. If you were there in 1999 it still could've been either flume ride, KCKC or Kings Mill flume (Prior to its being closed during 2000 and renovations)

was KCKC a log flume ride like Wild Thorn? I can't remember if I rode Thorn or not. From what i remember of the ride it only kind of resembles Thorn (it was a LONG time ago when I rode it, I'm pretty sure it must have been KCKC). W/e it was, it was awesome b/c we tricked my mom into riding it; we told her she wouldn't get wet....he he he

Yes KCKC was a log flume ride like the thornberrys but was much better in my opinion. It was a lot taller. You would go up this pretty big lift hill that was jsut out in mid air and youd go up pretty high. When you looked down all you saw was the lake beneath you and it was pretty frightening. Then you weaved through the tree tops at pretty fast speed adn you came to a stop. Then your boat was directed to one of two drops! The drops were very steep and fast and after you hit the drops there was a slight hill. You didnt get that wet but it was pretty intense for a flume! Oh yeah and another unique aspect about this ride was that the station house was on a carousel like SDATHC where the cars keep constantly moving and the floor spins!

That was DEFFINATLY(?spelling? lol) the ride I rode. I remeber my mom cussing out my sister when we got to the drop. Now that you said it, I remember it being on the pond or w/e.

J/w, why do they have two drops on rides like that?

Im not exactly sure hwy they had two drops, probably to get more baots through quickly, but they didnt race, im sure one of the guys on here with all those stars knows.

The ride had two drops a left and right. One boat droped and then the other boat went they both had the same track back to the station so it could not have raced.

Edited by Vortex