Drop Zone

kong fu guy

I was thinking about if you got on Drop Zone and rode to the top and suddely your seat lings forward and they drop you like that ohmy.gif What do you think??

I think it would be cool faceing the ground from 300feet and droping like that and close to 50 feet your seats go back up smile.gif

Acrophobia not only falls forward, but it is a stand up Gyro Drop Tower. You sit on a bicycle style seat with your legs dangling. Then it falls forward for the drop. Intamin does make them - and I think it would be coof if we had it. laugh.gif

That is an awesome idea! And yes, my legs do feel like pins and needles when I get off. But personally I don't ride DZ anymore...it scares me. Anyone else notice its slow self destruction over the years? First they stopped spinning it. Then it got slower and slower going up the first part of the ride. Then it got slower going up the majority of the ride. Now its slow the whole way, and super slow right before it gets close to the top. And it may just be me, but do the brakes catch you sooner than they used to? In either case, DZ scares me, the leaning seats would really freak me out.

And it may just be me, but do the brakes catch you sooner than they used to? In either case, DZ scares me, the leaning seats would really freak me out.

How can the brakes catch you any sooner, there permanant magnetic brakes. Also it now spins again, however it doesn't do the complete spin at the top like it did in 1999, but theres a reason for that.

That's very true. Call me crazy, but I hang on for dear life on DZ, let alone being at the mercy of my OTSR. lol

ok... CRAZY!!

i love riding DZ, well i rode it twice, I have ridden TRTR 3 times, and i was freaked out on it, i love it but wow the OTSR reliance there is crazy!

at least its not Lap bars on TRTR, that would be killer pain on the legs!!!!

wow

ha ha

I have never seen a 90 tilt on those, ive seen a 45 tilt, but thats about it... its a neat thing really, but to retrofit DZ to it would be ridiculous, which i know was really never mentioned.

That is a cool idea and would make the ride much scarier than it really is but I dont think theyd retro-fit it, it would probably be more cost efficent with matinence to just make a new ride. But I would LOVE to ride something like what Kong Fu Guy mentioned.

I rode Acrophobia back in March of 2004, and when we rode, we didn't even notice the "tilt-out" I don't know if there was something wrong with it that day, but whatever tilt we had, it wasn't enough to make any difference.

Drop Zone would be awesome with this sort of idea, and I would give anything to try that out!

The tilt out is only 15 degrees thats why I don't think you noticed it. It really is quite minor just enough to notice it for most people and thats it.

Yeah thats why. I couldn't remember if it was 15 or 20 degrees for the tilt.

Now 45 degrees like mentioned before would be killer!! tongue.gif

I have a hard enogh time gettin myself on DZ. And thats with out a tilt. Our school band went to KI last year (the only time i got ot go last year), and my friends and I were gonna ride all the huge rides and stuff. We rode The Beast 4 times in a row, and The Racer a couple of times. I was hard because if there was a long wait, we couldnt go. We had to check in with Mrs. Browing every so often.

Anyways, that would be cool. I think Delerium should go all the way around, although I'm not sure if its possible.

I have a hard enogh time gettin myself on DZ. And thats with out a tilt. Our school band went to KI last year (the only time i got ot go last year), and my friends and I were gonna ride all the huge rides and stuff. We rode The Beast 4 times in a row, and The Racer a couple of times. I was hard because if there was a long wait, we couldnt go. We had to check in with Mrs. Browing every so often.

Anyways, that would be cool. I think Delerium should go all the way around, although I'm not sure if its possible.

Well if delerium went all the way around we be in big truble..... Right now its pushes hard on your body and it only goes half way...Now think about if you go all the way. WE BE water lol.

OMG I was totally thinking the same thing about tilting the seats. What would be really sweet would be if you were dropped individually. Like you all go up together, but then people just start to randomly fall. I haven't every felt the "pins and needles" thing on DZ but have on FO. Has come they dont spin it at the top anymore? My guess would be b/c of the already low capacity and the extra spin would lower it.

Well if delerium went all the way around we be in big truble..... Right now its pushes hard on your body and it only goes half way...Now think about if you go all the way. WE BE water lol.

Delirium Performs a 240 degree pendulum swing, it is excellent, and is the way you get the airtime thrills on it, if it went all the way around, like SFStL's Excalibur, man, we would be in a world of hurt... it isnt even fun i hear...

Yeah thats why. I couldn't remember if it was 15 or 20 degrees for the tilt.

Now 45 degrees like mentioned before would be killer!! tongue.gif

You know I have never heard of a ride that tilts you out 45 degrees. The 15 is it as far as I know. Its done this way to keep your weight in the seat rather then on the OTSR system.

Anyone else notice its slow self destruction over the years? First they stopped spinning it... Now its slow the whole way...And it may just be me, but do the brakes catch you sooner than they used to?

Wrong, Wrong and uhmmm WRONG!...Please know what your talking about before you open up.

OK, I know this is a PKI post site, so I apologize for the posting of a non-PKI ride, but if you want to terrify the crap out of yourself, there is a near free-fall ride in Las Vegas at the top of the Stratosphere hotel where you get into a roller coaster type car and and get rolled into suspension some 900 feet above the ground. I didn't ride it but got paniced just watching it.

I don't even ride DZ. That would just send me into cardiac arrest anyway, but the posts got me thinking about it.

sorry, back to pki.