• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Gravity Group only has two coasters to their name, under their current firm`s name. But keep in mind that the Gravity Group consists of the core designers from the defunct CCI, so we should expect the same stellar and smooth rides that we saw from CCI. So in reality, they have a lot more than just two rides to their name, but as far as their current company goes, it has two rides to its name.

Yes, the Gravity Group only has two coasters to their name, under their current firm`s name. But keep in mind that the Gravity Group consists of the core designers from the defunct CCI, so we should expect the same stellar and smooth rides that we saw from CCI. So in reality, they have a lot more than just two rides to their name, but as far as their current company goes, it has two rides to its name.

and thus my point...

Oh yeah...

user posted image

This time, I have linked you to the Awesome... Holi-Blog

I hope it not to rough like SOB.  I cant wait for the 90 degree banking.  I know fof had a 90 degree banking at the very end after the corkscrew but i geuss they remodeled the track a little.

I dont believe FOF has ever had its track remodified. Legedn Rider, is RCCA defuncnt now?

I could of swarn 2 years ago right after the corkscrew you went to a 90o angle.

Wow thats HUGE! You only see cranes like that in Santa Claus Indiana!!!!!!!!!

I have only ever seen a few, mostly they use cherry pickers...

LOL

HallowSwings gets rigged up with Cherry Pickers.

The Zinga Waterslide is the only other ride I specifically recall seeing a Crane for... I never saw Liberty Launch Construction...

... I never saw Liberty Launch Construction...

Lol, liberty launch could be put together with step ladders its so short. Not that I'm dissing the ride, personally I believe that its the best S&S tower I've ever been on.(ive been on 4(power tower counts as 1)) The double shot is amazing.

still, it requires a crane for construction, though it is one peice.

Notice:

Raven has had a large chunk of Track REMOVED

The turn adjacent to the Lakeside Picnic area will be reprofiled and flying through it in 2006.

Chicken Run!!

LOL

No, Gobbler Getaway is a Brand new Dark Ride, similar to SDATHC at PKI, unlike Scooby, it is not the animative characters you shoot.

The Guns "Turkey Calls" are pointed at targets on the trees, and depending on the situation, the Turkeys come out, the more points you get, the better you are at it, and the better off thanksgiving will be!!

The theme is "Find the Turkeys, Save Thanksgiving!"

The riders who are assigned to round up the little gobblers are asked by Farmer McDoodles to help him out, there has been a pen break and they are all gone!!

Help save his farm and save thanksgiving, but remember, the goal is not to shoot the Turkeys, you want to save them not massacre them.

It had to be fit for kids...

each of the targets will be similar to the Scooby Snack targets, in that you have to hit them in order to see scooby, you must hit each of them to round up a turkey.

Im thinking there is supposed to be dozens and dozens of these little foul.

Sadly, the 3rd new Ride for the Thanksgiving section was cancelled at the last moment due to park needs, the Tilt-a-Whirl, which boasts colorful turkey themed cars, will be pushed back for upcoming years...

and a rumor floating, accept it as you may, there is supposed to be a fourth ride in the Thanksgiving area, Themed extremely easy...

The Mayflower, a swinging ship, which Holiday World could desperately use!!

The Voyage and Gobbler Getaway will pull the park through the 2006 season, easily... plus a new shop, food stand, sit down restaurant, games, and the new Bahari River!!

The focus is Family Fun...

[most of this info is found from the podcast of Will Koch, some comes from Will Koch in person, and some comes from local enthusiasts]

Virginia Reel, the Tilt-a-Whirl Located in the 4th of July Section of Holiday World is now closed, Indefinitely.

user posted image

The Virginia Reel was on the chopping block, and since it has been sold...

user posted image

Then the plans for the new one were cancelled. Well, postponed rather.

This is the location of the new pathway to the Thankgiving area.

Where we will see the Voyage and Gobbler Getaway.

May 6, 2006

That thing is huge!!!

But I`ve been on bigger!  cough:Son of Beast:cough

But I dont think it will be better than The Beast.  It WILL be better than SOB!!!

::Gigantic sigh::

you people are OBSESSED with Beast, It has brakes down the first drop, over the first hill, and in that small brake shed, its dissapointing, then when it gets going fast, you slow it down with another lift hill, where you simply wait, the excitement is lost there, there is more anticipation, but lord! I am so angry with Beast, it lets me down everytime... I know what to expect, but it just doesnt even live up to that!!

I've Been on SoB too... and I HATED IT!!

But this one isnt being done by a Steel Coaster Manufacturer... its by a Wood Company!!

Raven and Legend let me down though too, as soon as oyu get going good the rides almost over as they are only average lengthed rides and Im sure Voyage will be going to have some trim brakes too as is unfortuanently common on wooden coasters these day, but none the less the coaster looks amazing and will hopefully be amazing, Holiday World never seems to let you down.

Raven and Legend let me down though too, as soon as oyu get going good the rides almost over as they are only average lengthed rides and Im sure Voyage will be going to have some trim brakes too as is unfortuanently common on wooden coasters these day, but none the less the coaster looks amazing and will hopefully be amazing, Holiday World never seems to let you down.

It will have a small portion of safety brakes yes, out before the Triple-Down Feature...

However, without it, the hills following that would be super painful from the g-forces alone!!