• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am personally concerned for HW over Voyage.

They will no doubt do the best possible job with the coaster. However, the past has proved that huge wooden coasters just do not wear well and often are uncomfortable with riders. This coaster is on par with SOB, Mean Streak, The Boss, Villain and Shivering Timbers. All of those coasters get labelled as "rough" and have not worn well over time. (Shivering Timbers seemed to start off well, but reviews within the past few seasons have not favored the ride.)

Seems that the only mega-structure wooden coaster that has never felt the heat of the "It's too rough" bug is Colossus at Heide Park in Germany. It features the rarely used Intamin steel plug-n-play track that is covered with wood. I believe that the mega woodie currently being built for 2006 at SFGADV is using this technology as well.

Shaggy

Again, this is not a corporate park, they pride in their coasters, so just let time tell, Im sure it will be fantastic!!

If that's intended as a shot at PKI, don't forget that PKI puts millions into rehabing SOB every year, and those terrible magnetic brakes on The Beast are just a newer version of what was already there.

::Throws the Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island at LegendRider:: biggrin.gif

Also, this was mentioned at the Fall Freakout Beast tour, but PKI is one of a very small select group of parks that actually breaks down and rehabs every coaster train every year. Jeff mentioned that some parks do it every couple years or every other year or whatever, but PKI does it every year. This is pretty good considering, for example, according to Arrow's now-defunct web site, they recommend that their trains be broken down every 5 years.

well holiday world may be close to you..but for some of us Universal and Disney are closer whats wrong with EE I know I may be getting off topic but EE will totally rock.

Holiday World is a family owned park, Not mega owned Disney and Universal, When your at HW it's like your part of their family..........and everyone takes pride in their job.

And it's a slap to all the hard working folks at PKI, let alone other corporate parks, to insinuate that they do not take pride like the folks at Holiday World.

I think you'll find that there are just as many, if not more, hard working dedicated people in the corporate world as there are in the Mom and Pop shops.

My concern is not whether HW will do their best to take care of any issues they may have with a mega woodie. Of course they will. Rather my concern is that they will discover many more issues exist after it's running. Such was the case will all the other mega woodies.

Shaggy

its called SOB

I meant they need to break their own record! Maybe a 248 foot wooden monsetr of speeds of 85 mph. Maybe call it Beast`s Revenge!!!

Thats a wonderful idea!! That way it can be 248% more rough than SOB. Cant wait to ride that! (also you do realize that the voyage is only 163 feet, thats only 21 feet taller than The Beast and is in no way similar to SOB )

Also, this was mentioned at the Fall Freakout Beast tour, but PKI is one of a very small select group of parks that actually breaks down and rehabs every coaster train every year. Jeff mentioned that some parks do it every couple years or every other year or whatever, but PKI does it every year.

I have been under the impression that, per Ohio state safety laws, all parks in Ohio have to perform these yearly rehabs. I do know that CP does these rehabs on all their coasters. And I believe that Six Flags parks do them as well (I think it was on one of the Discovery Channel shows).

I would be surprised to know about any other park that does not perform these tasks. If in the event that an accident would happen, and it could be traced to the fact that these rehabs are not being performed, the lawsuit would bury the park.

So now it's time to pay attention to Hill #3. And the five tunnels. And a little something extra we've recently added to the design.

It's a great new element, but not something we can discuss just yet.

The best part of it, though, is that The Gravity Group and Will are still scrutinizing the design and making improvements here and there.

~All from the Holiblog

Can You imagine?

A new element, Not yet finished... WHAT IS IT!?

Either, Helix, or Loop Ze Loop.

Loop?!?!?!?!

I vote for helix... but WHERE?!

It will be a wooden zero g roll.

All funny...

Especially #2...

Yeah, Have you not seen the site plan?

There is room Everywhere!!

There is a lot of area even past the Voyage, to house a project of almost the same scale... its really a large area!!

#1, Um, no Loop

#3, ROFLMFAOPIMP

That is all...

Ok, I wasn't going to make a post, but this is to noticeable to not post...

user posted image

Look! Another Cossover is being installed, Look at that Head-Chopper!!

This is the segment just before the lift hill. this spot will have trains barreling down the track overhead, and the nervous new riders slowly approaching the hill...

Ok, I wasn't going to make a post, but this is to noticeable to not post...

user posted image

Look! Another Cossover is being installed, Look at that Head-Chopper!!

This is the segment just before the lift hill. this spot will have trains barreling down the track overhead, and the nervous new riders slowly approaching the hill...

Wow that thing looks amazing and I can't wait to get my first trip to Holiday World!! What a teazer!!!!!!!!

That looks tigHT.

rolleyes.gif

Just wait till you ride both Voyage and Kentucky Rumbler. I am willing to bet that KY Rumbler is 10 times better.

It'll be an interesting comparison between the two, thats for sure. In the past, no doubt Voyage would have been the better ride. GCI kinda branched out a bit with Thunderhead though and really let some forces loose. So that gives me some hope for the Kentucky Rumbler. After riding Hades this season though, Gravity Group certainly can deliver a solid ride as well. I think Voyage may take the cake for me, just with the setting and all. Voyage will definitely be one of the best night rides out there, just like Raven and Legend.