Beastie Name Change

Young Gunz

I dont like the idea of the name changing either. Kids always seem to comment on the name and its relationship with beast. It makes the ride feel alittle bigger than it is to them when its being compared with such a awesome ride. Its just been such a tradition to. Everyone that regularly visits the park knows it as Beastie as well as the kids.

I dont like the idea of the name changing either. Kids always seem to comment on the name and its relationship with beast. It makes the ride feel alittle bigger than it is to them when its being compared with such a awesome ride. Its just been such a tradition to. Everyone that regularly visits the park knows it as Beastie as well as the kids.

You make a good point but the name beastie just wouldn't fit with the nick theme.

Yea but its a Kings Island tradition. Its like a community ownership thing alot of people from around the cinncinati area have a special attachment to the park and have a sense of ownership. Beastie doesnt fit in with HB or Nick and its still there. Infact they changed it from teh HB theme to The Beastie. I just think its such a traditional name that it would be better off to leave it alone. Its like changing the name of Racer or Beast.

WTF - you already asked this at the top. weird.gif

I think it should stay Beastie. I agree with Rickster. Kids think - WOW I RODE The BeastIE!!!!!! They think they're so cool cause they rode The Beastie - a miniature Beast! If it is Fairly Odd Coaster or some other Nick Theme it will just be another coaster...

I guess next they will theme Beast to Forrest Gump or something...

surely they wouldn't insult the intelligence of the pki community by re-theming The Beastie to "Fairly Odd Coaster." Paramount Parks has another coaster named that somewhere... and I have to say it is the stupidest name for a coaster.... or anything creative for that matter.

Wasn't The Beastie named "the Scooby Doo" many years ago... pre-beast days?

Anyway, i say leave it alone.

surely they wouldn't insult the intelligence of the pki community by re-theming The Beastie to "Fairly Odd Coaster." Paramount Parks has another coaster named that somewhere... and I have to say it is the stupidest name for a coaster.... or anything creative for that matter.

Wasn't The Beastie named "the Scooby Doo" many years ago... pre-beast days?

Anyway, i say leave it alone.

Yes The Beastie was named after Scooby Doo pre-Beast days.

I agree leave The Beastie as it is. It's great to see a kid ride it and think wow I rode The Beastie.

^ LOL agree with you about that..The Beastie will always be known as The Beastie to me and Top Cat's Taxi Jam will always be known as Scooby Zoom...The Fairly OddCoaster will be takin over The Beastie so it will blend in with the new NU.Makes sense you dont want The Beastie to be stickin out like a sore thumb now do you?

I'm still ****ed they renamed it from The Scooby Doo to The Beastie. It will always be The Scooby Doo to me no matter how many cute Nickelodeon stickers they put on it.

Me too. To me, it will always be the Scooby Doo. The general public won't give a crap about a name change from The Beastie to Fairly Odd Coaster or whatever name they choose.

I really don't care what they call it anymore! To me it's just another Scooby-Doo coaster clone, soon to be another Fairly-Odd Coaster clone, either way, I don't ride it laugh.gif I think children would rather have it be the Fairly-Odd Parents (rather Scooby or Beastie) as riding Cosmo and Wanda from a show they probably watch all the time is more appealing then riding something called The Beastie (which may scare them off) or Scooby-Doo Coaster (with our beloved HB fading away)!

I never thought of it as a miniature Beast, because I always thought it was themed to Scooby-Doo! I thought The Beastie was a monster Mystery Inc. was hunting and that the vulture and graveyard were just setting up the story. Having the Photo Booth themed to the Mystery Machine didn't help either blink.gif In the end, The Beastie would stick out like a soar thumb if they didn't retheme it to something Nickelodeon!

Yea but its a Kings Island tradition. Its like a community ownership thing alot of people from around the cinncinati area have a special attachment to the park and have a sense of ownership. Beastie doesnt fit in with HB or Nick and its still there. Infact they changed it from teh HB theme to The Beastie. I just think its such a traditional name that it would be better off to leave it alone. Its like changing the name of Racer or Beast.

Those that are old like me know to call The Beastie the Scooby Doo. I don't see getting a new name a big deal as long the coaster is still in the park.

Edited by Vortex

honestly, they change the name.... they change the name. Life goes on.... but for the love of ....... please, please something a little more intelligent than "Fairly Odd Coaster."

Yeah, the name is quite.... odd! I can't think of a name now but a ride name off the nick show Cat Scratch. Think of it, Wood, a scratch post... You get the idea.