Theme Park attendance up 4.2%

Captain Nemo

All the Paramount Parks are for sale. I just hope that they get a new owner with a new business plan and is not scared to spend money. We need more roller coasters not more kids rides. The kids area was already winning awards before they decided to remodel it this year. That seems like a stupid choice. It seems like Paramounts Kings Island waits to see what new attraction Cedar Point is going to put in next year and they follow what they have done a few years later. A year late and millions of dollars short. This is not being innovative it is just trying to keep up with the competition.

It seems like Paramounts Kings Island waits to see what new attraction Cedar Point is going to put in next year and they follow what they have done a few years later. A year late and millions of dollars short. This is not being innovative it is just trying to keep up with the competition.

I've read this like six times and I still can't figure out what point you're trying to make...

Name one attraction that Cedar Point installed where PKI "follow what they have done a few years later..."

All the Paramount Parks are for sale. I just hope that they get a new owner with a new business plan and is not scared to spend money. We need more roller coasters not more kids rides. The kids area was already winning awards before they decided to remodel it this year. That seems like a stupid choice. It seems like Paramounts Kings Island waits to see what new attraction Cedar Point is going to put in next year and they follow what they have done a few years later. A year late and millions of dollars short. This is not being innovative it is just trying to keep up with the competition.

WHen thrillseekers bring in the money that familes do with kids rides then we'll see more rollercoasters. For the last time, PKI is not thrillsville USA, thats CP, PKI is disney of the midwest........a fun FAMILY enviroment. WHy is geared towards families? Cause they bring in the money. Just watch, soon the CF parks will gear towards families too because they see how much $ famlies spend. Disney doesnt have that many thrills, theyre more about family then thrills, and look how they turned out.

Yeah I have to agree with the resident culinary expert on this one. Disney has a huge variety of things to do. From small children to extreme thrill seekers - everyone can find plenty to do at Di$ney. PKI seems to be taking the stance that thrills are dead - and the future is theming. It takes a combination of the two. You can't take a low thrill ride and poorly theme it and consider it a blockbuster attraction.

I think the whole reason PKI wants to hold onto the biggest kiddie land title is for people who can't decide between Cedar Point and PKI. If they have kids, they will choose PKI. Also a large Nickelodeon themed area will draw in hordes of families, whose kids love Nickelodeon. What kiddie themes does CP have? SFKK has Looney Tunes which isn't watched a whole lot anymore. Holiday World has the Holidog -as if anyone has ever heard of that before.

In 1999 and 2000 we saw a huge high thrill expansion. We got the scariest ride in the park, and the two most intense. Then for the last few years they have been focusing on family and kid motifs. So hopefully in the next few years - if they must retire any of the high thrill rides, they will replace it with something that will keep balance in the park.

Actually Disney has lots of thrills - and family entertainment as well. It is pointless for anyone to compete with Disney heads on. Disney is the industry leader that all other parks should try to emulate.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I didnt say DIsney wasnt thrlling, or lacked thrills, i just said they were more geared towards families.